Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 05:24 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,301,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
According to the big panic on this forum two days ago we'll all be dead from swine flu before the census ever takes place, anyway. So, no big deal.
Wear long sleeves and put on plenty of DEET.

The swine flies can't bite you then, and you'll be safe to be counted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 05:25 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,230,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
ACORN to Play Role in 2010 Census
The U.S. Census Bureau is working with several national organizations to help recruit 1.4 million workers to produce the country's 2010 census, including one with a history of voter fraud charges: ACORN.

The U.S. Census is supposed to be free of politics, but one group with a history of voter fraud, ACORN, is participating in next year's count, raising concerns about the politicization of the decennial survey.

The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now signed on as a national partner with the U.S. Census Bureau in February 2009 to assist with the recruitment of the 1.4 million temporary workers needed to go door-to-door to count every person in the United States -- currently believed to be more than 306 million people.

ACORN to Play Role in 2010 Census - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/17/lawmakers-concerned-role-acorn-census/ - broken link)
And what is the dreaded ACORN going to do with the temp census takers they recruit?

What do you think the RW blogs will fantasize are ACORN's Special Secret Marching Orders?

You folks are so desperate....

Old 04-30-2009, 05:30 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,218,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post

Obama’s Census Bureau had hired thousands of new temporary employees, equipped each with a handheld GPS computer and sent them out to mark GPS coordinates for every residential front door in America.
So what? Do you people not already have a mailing address in which the United States government is aware of? Do you not realize this has already been being done for quite some time by Google and it old news.

My God people, are you all so steeped in fear? Where was all this concern over the Patriot Act or changes to the FISA laws?

Sorry but cry me a river.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,249,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
Exactly, on the google earth shot of my house ,you can see my cat taking a nap on the front porch, coordinates are displayed as well.
A satellite image is not an exact longitude and latitude location, but I am wondering why the government would need this unless they are planning to bomb homes using missles..

Old 04-30-2009, 05:52 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,319,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
So what? Do you people not already have a mailing address in which the United States government is aware of? Do you not realize this has already been being done for quite some time by Google and it old news.

My God people, are you all so steeped in fear? Where was all this concern over the Patriot Act or changes to the FISA laws?

Sorry but cry me a river.

Its tough to program a cruise missle with an address. I jest, but think of the implications of having this data in the wrong hands.

Do we really need a database with GPS coordinates and names to count the number of citizens? Every decade the govt. gets more intrusive.

I refused to fill out the long form in 2000. I told them to sue me. We had just moved into our new home, in a gated area. I have another gate (common Santa Fe architecture) in front of my house. The census people jumped the fence to get to the door, as there is no doorbell on the gate. Every time they showed up I gave them the same answer: four. There are four people living here. I loved effing with them. They finally gave up on the long form. They tried one last time with the short form. I gave them the same answer: four.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:52 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,219,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
http://www.crossactionnews.com/articles/view/obama-and-acorn-gps-marking-every-front-door-in-america

Obama’s Census Bureau had hired thousands of new temporary employees, equipped each with a handheld GPS computer and sent them out to mark GPS coordinates for every residential front door in America.
Well, makes sense... Next come the Black Helicopters. We have to be ready for 2012....

Old 04-30-2009, 06:02 PM

492 posts, read 963,650 times
That's not actually a GPS device, boingboing labels it a 'Chunky crapgadget'. It should be tagged the ACORN Chunky Crapgadget, befitting the use. If your home is mapped by this device have no fear... the feds would never be able to find you.

Last edited by SaladoSam; 04-30-2009 at 07:21 PM..

Old 04-30-2009, 06:04 PM

492 posts, read 963,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
ACORN is not running the census.

So ridiculous.
Maybe so... but ACORN's hootie boy is.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:13 PM

749 posts, read 948,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Well, makes sense... Next come the Black Helicopters. We have to be ready for 2012....

Bring on 2012, I for one am ready to see what happens and put all the stories to rest.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:37 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,309,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Not so fast... Where I live we do have a mailing address but it is in NO WAY PHYSICALLY ATTACHED to my property ! Pretty much EVERYONE living in the mountains is setup like this in MT. Mailbox sits at the bottom of the mountain close to the highway about 2 1/2 miles from my property. The Gov has NO IDEA what my property consists of and who is living on it unless they go pull records at the county courthouse. And that still doesn't tell them who exactly resides here. And I like to keep it that way !

The census lady came by here 3 days ago. As soon as she rolled down her window and said Gov, I said you have as long as it takes for me to get to my gun cabinet to be out of range. After that you WILL feel what a 300 Win Mag shell feels like... She left pretty quick ! Obviously a No Trespassing sign means nothing to them. I guess I have to put up a sign at the gate that states DO NOT ENTER OR YOU WILL BE SHOT. NO EXCEPTIONS !

There are still many in this country that like their privacy... I happen to be one of them. And what business is it of the Gov's who lives on my property anyway ??? If they want info they can feel free to google earth me if they wish but DON'T come creeping around my property...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies