Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 07:53 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,144,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Take it back by the brave and noble act of not being counted?
Personally, I'm all for encouraging this paranoia. If right wingers don't want to be counted and don't want representation, that's just fine by me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 08:32 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,747,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Doesn't google earth already do that?
What is the big deal?

Exactly my first thought...someone should tell those idiots at acorny about that, might save them some time. Google earth will give the co ordinates, a picture, and even tell you how many feet above sea level the place is.

I guess the starship "a CORN" could beam one of their operatives directly into your living room whenever they want too......Oh, but then again they have the power of TV advertising, does the same thing.

If acorn is actually doing this seems like a huge waste to me. What are they trying to accomplish?

Old 05-01-2009, 08:36 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,228,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Exactly my first thought...someone should tell those idiots at acorny about that, might save them some time. Google earth will give the co ordinates, a picture, and even tell you how many feet above sea level the place is.

I guess the starship "a CORN" could beam one of their operatives directly into your living room whenever they want too......Oh, but then again they have the power of TV advertising, does the same thing.

If acorn is actually doing this seems like a huge waste to me. What are they trying to accomplish?
Because ACORN's not doing it. Duh.

The Census Bureau is doing it. They are required to make as accurate a count as they can. They have decided on the tools and technology that they need. They can't necessarily rely on dated satellite photos to be accurate.

Unless you know more about the situation, it's probably better not to complain about how stupid other people are.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:11 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,994,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I suppose you are going to try and blow up Google Maps street view while you are at it.

Heaven helps us...
The GPS is a physical device. Plus, as someone who's in the data mining field, I know exactly how pervasive some technologies can be.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:21 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,309,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
This is not about some radical left wing "community organization" hijacking the census. This is about the Federal Government getting bigger and bolder. Everyday they want more and more from us. They want to know our every action. They Want POWER over us!
When will Americans take back their Nation?
Most Americans today DON'T want America back... they keep giving liberty away willingly and see nothing wrong with it and even argue that it is ok How can those who care about freedom count on these people to help take back America when they don't even respect or know what freedom is in the first place ?!

I guess the freedom to give your freedom away is freedom in itself until there is no more freedom to give away ! Then what ? If you are one that knows what freedom is and values it, get ready for the crazy future ahead of us... Woohoo. If not, I feel sorry for you... Actually no I don't. You deserve what you will get .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies