Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2009, 04:20 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,275,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
If terrorists attack this country again and kill a few thousand more of us, will Nancy Pelosi call another press conference, to apologize to us for sniping at Republicans and trashing government agencies instead of helping to defend the United States of America?
This post doesn't even make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 04:28 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
NEWT HAS NAILED IT!! PELOSI AND HER LIKE ARE A DISGRACE TO AMERICA!!!

ABC News
If I were Newt, I wouldn't blast too loudly as I am certain he has a few skeletons in his closet as well...

Old 05-15-2009, 04:36 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Leon Penneta a democrat say when he was driector of the CIA 'pelosi and others were told the exact same as the white house.Con gresss was not lied to about anything as Pelosi says.Pelosi getting deeper and deeper.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:44 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
It is clear that Nancy Pelosi was briefed in 2002 on the waterboarding
Clear to whom..you? More and more distractions by the GOP to blame the Democrats and keep the focus off of the crimes committed by the former administration. I always knew this was going to get ugly. This reminds me a trial when someone is assaulted, beaten and raped & the defense attorney says "Ladies & gentleman of the jury. Ask yourself "What was she doing walking her dog at 3 in the morning? Why wasn't she wearing underwear?" Always blame others when you're guilty so people will start to question their credibility.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
GEE, what'd he have to say about not knowing the truth about WMDs?

Or is ignorance OK on one side of the aisle and not the other?
Having trouble staying on topic while defending "your side"?

Old 05-15-2009, 04:51 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,859,309 times
She is already a disgrace to the RC Church. She may as well go for broke!

Old 05-15-2009, 05:02 PM

157 posts, read 180,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So now that we know republicans are also disgusted by torture practices approved by previous administration and congresses, I hope they are also up for a full fledged top-down (or bottom-up) investigation of what went on and prosecute everybody found guilty? It can't be all about Pelosi, right?
That's not the message at all. The message is...why did she support the techniques then, but suddenly shift with the political winds? She simply cannot have it both ways. Republicans haven't changed their minds about anything. I completely, 100% support the "extreme measures" that were taken. I couldn't care less what others believe, nor should Pelosi.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:12 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,780,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Clear to whom..you? More and more distractions by the GOP to blame the Democrats and keep the focus off of the crimes committed by the former administration. I always knew this was going to get ugly. This reminds me a trial when someone is assaulted, beaten and raped & the defense attorney says "Ladies & gentleman of the jury. Ask yourself "What was she doing walking her dog at 3 in the morning? Why wasn't she wearing underwear?" Always blame others when you're guilty so people will start to question their credibility.
Did someone complain about a post that "doesn't even make sense"?

Old 05-15-2009, 05:15 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,592,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Horse View Post
================================================== =====

Normie,

I would like you to explain to the readership how a Senator can become Speaker of the United States House of Representatives without being elected to the House of Representatives.

Robert Byrd WAS elected to the House of Representatives - most recently in 1956. He's been a Senator for the last 50 years.

Quote:
Robert Carlyle Byrd is a SENATOR not a Congressman. I will also ask you research and report back on how a Speaker is selected. Is it senority? Is he/she elected by members of the House? Senate? Combination of the 2? Is the name pulled out of the hat with the names selected from attendees of the last horseshoe throwing contest in Waskom, Texas?
Quote:

There is a wealth of information out there, why not look into it?

So how 'bout it?
I would think Steny Hoyer, as House Majority Leader, would be next in line to become Speaker. He's known Pelosi for about as long as Byrd has been in the Senate.

The OP has the order of succession for POTUS mixed up with that for Speaker. Byrd would become President if something were to happen to Obama, Biden, and Pelosi. I think Byrd gave up his hopes of being president after losing heavily in the 1976 primaries due to his Klan membership as a young man.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:18 PM

134 posts, read 317,832 times
I'm still trying to figure out why everyone is falling for this GOP smokescreen. Whether Pelosi knew anything or not, there are quite a few members of the past administration who were responsible for ginning up documents and applying pressure on key agencies to break the law and use torture.

The worst she can be accused of is knowing the administration was breaking the law (and doing nothing about it). That's a far cry from being part of Cheney's cabal which actually did break the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies