Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 04:07 PM

244 posts, read 1,092,865 times

Advertisements

I definitely do not consider myself a conspiracy theorist, but there are a number of things about September 11 that just don't add up. The first thing that comes to mind is the collapse of building 7. Sulfur oxide residue on steel beams at the WTC (sulfur oxide weakens steel), the obvious shifting of the slurry walls (foundation), and a host of other oddities.

Watch this video, and decide for yourself. I'm not convinced the government knew, but I definitely think we do not know everything there is to know.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6708190071483512003&q (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 05:42 PM

6 posts, read 15,055 times
I can only imagine the responses that this post will get. I'm new to this forum and have yet to see if the 9/11 'situation' has been posted about more than a few times. I do not believe that the government had any prior knowledge of the attack, though I do believe they know a great deal about them now and are witholding information. The above link is broken, so I suggest this link instead -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n-nT...ext=1&index=19
the simple fact is, building designed to handle earthquakes and other natural disasters are simply not going to collapse when hit from above. Not both buildings, not completely.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,432 times
Default response to yall

no offense, but the impact of jet aircraft at high speeds in combination with subsequent fires should completely demolish a building. there is no building in the entire world that would survive such an attack.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:50 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Oh Jesus, not this again.

No one will ever know anything.

But unless you are a structural engineer, intimately familiar with every square inch of the blue prints and structural design of the world trade center, then you don't know a damned thing.

To date, not one of those has ever posted a response on this forum. Just a bunch of loons who don't know anything about the world trade center, except by what they've been told by people who don't know anything about the world trade center.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:04 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,171,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Oh Jesus, not this again.

No one will ever know anything.

But unless you are a structural engineer, intimately familiar with every square inch of the blue prints and structural design of the world trade center, then you don't know a damned thing.

To date, not one of those has ever posted a response on this forum. Just a bunch of loons who don't know anything about the world trade center, except by what they've been told by people who don't know anything about the world trade center.
Oh, hell I love it. Everytime someone mentions the birthers I get to bring up the truthers. It's just a great way to point out the hypocracy of so many on the left.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:20 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times
Well since everything was carted off and a real investigation not done not much point in discussing. Although according to documentaries I saw engineers did build twin towers with such things in mind. Kerosene hasn't been shown to melt metal like that. The whole volume of all the buildings seem to disappear and fall faster than just an explosion would produce. Plus building 7 never had a plane even fly into it. So I don't think many people actually believe the official story.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:24 PM

88,615 posts, read 84,857,016 times
This is the first time I've seen anyone refer to the shifting of the slurry walls as part of the conspiracy. Of course, the post is four years old, so maybe somebody realized how stupid that was and dropped it.

A kid building a moat in the sand at the beach could figure out why the slurry walls shifted once the "bathtub" was empty.

But if anyone is interested, the book American Ground: The Unbuilding of the World Trade Center, covers the slurry-wall issues pretty well.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:25 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,987,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirthalot View Post
no offense, but the impact of jet aircraft at high speeds in combination with subsequent fires should completely demolish a building. there is no building in the entire world that would survive such an attack.
If you are an engineer, you may want to state your calculations to these gentlemen.

1,500 architects and engineers say it is impossible for those jets to cause a free-fall.

Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why did building 7 free fall in 6 seconds, without any plane hitting it?

Do you know what was kept in building 7?

Old 07-27-2011, 07:31 PM

88,615 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Well since everything was carted off and a real investigation not done not much point in discussing. Although according to documentaries I saw engineers did build twin towers with such things in mind. Kerosene hasn't been shown to melt metal like that. The whole volume of all the buildings seem to disappear and fall faster than just an explosion would produce. Plus building 7 never had a plane even fly into it. So I don't think many people actually believe the official story.
Everything was "carted" off to the Fresh Kills landfill in Staten Island, by truck and by barge, where the sifting operations took place and the steel was separated for analysis. Were you asleep when all this was going on and covered daily in the media? Why do you think they should have just left it there at the WTC site in the tight confines of lower Manhattan and not removed it? There were human remains to recover, a smoking fire that burned for over three months that they had to get down to and put out, and steel that had to be analyzed to determine the collapse sequence. And the residents in the area needed to be able to move back into their homes. Of course, if you are one of those people who steadfastly believes that the federal government did all this work in a vacuum, you aren't going to be interested the actual story. But, for those who are:

http://www.nysm.nysed.gov/exhibits/l...s/recovery.pdf

Recovery — Fresh Kills

Old 07-27-2011, 07:35 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times
Yeah, didn't notice somebody dug up an ancient thread just to post that an airplane and kerosene fire could cause such a thing... LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies