Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:51 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
You have a knack for completely misinterpreting what other people write. As I said, Hispanics and Asians are much more upfront with their racism compared to Whites who have been constantly shamed into walking on eggshells with regard to their dealings with minorites. Most Whites are so scared of being called a racist that they got out of their way to hide their feelings.

This isn't to say that most Whites are racist, but the ones that are will not be open about it. Hispanics, and to a lesser extent Asians, have not been conditioned to be politically correct with their feelings towards other races, whether those feelings would be deemed racist or not.
As they should be careful about the negative things they say about Black people. This is the same group of people who examined and measured the size of our brains and questioned whether we were really human. Whatever they have to say that is not polite should be kept to themselves because if any white person that I encounter especially in the employment area says anything remotely racist I will most certainly complain and have them written up and possibly fired. I've done it before. I don't play that. I have a right to be happy and not deal with bs because of my skin tone.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
60 pages and i'm still trying to figure out why Blacks would care about being liked by Cubans or other Hispanics.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,965 times
And for the record black guys like latina women bc they can identify more with them oppose to any other races. Our women look the same except they have more women with darkskin and wavey long hair and swagger so relax.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,503 times
Default David Duke on Cubans:

''The Cubans certainly are of European descent. They've been a tremendous asset. They're Christian people, they're anti-communist,'' he said, adding that if he were president, he would give arms or any other assistance possible - short of U.S. troops - to free Cuba from communism.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:53 PM

2 posts, read 3,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Have you ever heard of stormfront.org? David Duke? Donald Black?

Well, stormfront.org is a huge web site for white supremacists (called White Nationalists these days). The owner and operator of that site lives in West Palm Beach..........and that is the location of the web site. His name is Donald Brown. He was a high ranking member of the KKK when he was younger.

I, too, was surprised by the racism I've seen in South Florida for a long time. Then I stumbled upon stormfront.org from an article in the newspaper citing a stormfront member for threatening the life of Obama!!

Actually, Florida is considered to be a hotbed of white supremacists and hate groups.

Now, I'm pretty sure that the hispanics would not be members of white supremacist groups.........yet racism is all around us here in South Florida. "Hispanics" would not be "white enough" for David Duke and his crowd!

''The Cubans certainly are of European descent. They've been a tremendous asset. They're Christian people, they're anti-communist,'' he said, adding that if he were president, he would give arms or any other assistance possible - short of U.S. troops - to free Cuba from communism.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:37 PM

75 posts, read 120,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTOSFLA View Post
I never experienced racism from a hispanic until i came to south florida....i just find it odd. Can someone explain it me or break it down to me like a 3 year old....
I am Puerto Rican-American and I do not dislike blacks at all. However I have noticed other latino groups (won't mention which ones) that do discriminate. Puerto Ricans are so mixed that generally we are accepting to all nationalities.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:40 PM

75 posts, read 120,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14soilder View Post
I think your off target. The Cubans in the US tend to be more white than black but back in Cuba there are many, many blacks because the white upper class fled Cuba when Castro's regime took over and the poor blacks mostly stood in Cuba.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:44 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Passion View Post
And for the record black guys like latina women bc they can identify more with them oppose to any other races. Our women look the same except they have more women with darkskin and wavey long hair and swagger so relax.
you are really starting a lot of b.s. with that statement

Old 09-17-2012, 03:45 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,735,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
You have a knack for completely misinterpreting what other people write. As I said, Hispanics and Asians are much more upfront with their racism compared to Whites who have been constantly shamed into walking on eggshells with regard to their dealings with minorites. Most Whites are so scared of being called a racist that they got out of their way to hide their feelings.

This isn't to say that most Whites are racist, but the ones that are will not be open about it. Hispanics, and to a lesser extent Asians, have not been conditioned to be politically correct with their feelings towards other races, whether those feelings would be deemed racist or not.
Not anymore. Blacks have controlled the conversation on race for 50 years. Whites are starting to stand up for themselves, as well as the new wave of immigrants who don't have the traditional hang-ups on race that Edward pointed out earlier in the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What I am trying to convey to the Black American posters here is that immigrants are forming their negative views about Blacks based on their experiences. Many seem to think that immigrants are trying to be "white".

I guess when you come from a slave background it's hard to believe people actually think for themselves and can form opinions without directions from whites.

My overall point is that Black American culture needs a dramatic overhaul or they will simply fall further behind. As you point out these other groups are not burdened by white guilt and may adopt an even harsher stance towards Black issues such as affirmative action as we move forward as a country.
Continuing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
As they should be careful about the negative things they say about Black people. This is the same group of people who examined and measured the size of our brains and questioned whether we were really human. Whatever they have to say that is not polite should be kept to themselves because if any white person that I encounter especially in the employment area says anything remotely racist I will most certainly complain and have them written up and possibly fired. I've done it before. I don't play that. I have a right to be happy and not deal with bs because of my skin tone.
Any denigration or racism against them will be met with an equal, measured, polite response in the conversation for which it pertains, and any following complaints to management. Also, any sexual harassment that happens to me, and it indeed has happened, will also be reported. Outside of employment, whites aren't going to sit on their hands when talking about race like they have in the past. There will always be racists who lean extreme on any side. Those who can't move beyond race, on any side, are starting to look silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies