Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 09:32 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,178,594 times

Advertisements

Cubans and other Hispanics aren't weighed down by White guilt, so they are much more upfront with their racism. You can call it ignorance if you want, but I think it has more to do with lack of indoctrination into the polictically correct worldview. I find that many Asians are the same way.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,302,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Cubans and other Hispanics aren't weighed down by White guilt, so they are much more upfront with their racism. You can call it ignorance if you want, but I think it has more to do with lack of indoctrination into the polictically correct worldview. I find that many Asians are the same way.
Hold on, you're trying to espouse bigotry on the down low...as if no one would understand what you're trying to say here.

So Hispanics and Asians hate blacks because they don't care about being politically correct, which is a good thing because being politically correct is bad. So in other words, they SHOULD hate blacks, and it's good that they do because to NOT hate blacks would be an attempt at political correctness.

LMAO....that's pretty good. I like that. It's a load of bull, but i have to admire the backhanded attempt at soft bigotry.

Like i said before...who cares really? I'm black, and i don't give a damn about being liked by Hispanics, Asians, Whites, or anyone else. They can be as racist as they want so long as they stay the hell out of my way and keep their racism to themselves.

And any African American worth their salt should feel the same way.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hold on, you're trying to espouse bigotry on the down low...as if no one would understand what you're trying to say here.

So Hispanics and Asians hate blacks because they don't care about being politically correct, which is a good thing because being politically correct is bad. So in other words, they SHOULD hate blacks, and it's good that they do because to NOT hate blacks would be an attempt at political correctness.

LMAO....that's pretty good. I like that. It's a load of bull, but i have to admire the backhanded attempt at soft bigotry.

Like i said before...who cares really? I'm black, and i don't give a damn about being liked by Hispanics, Asians, Whites, or anyone else. They can be as racist as they want so long as they stay the hell out of my way and keep their racism to themselves.

And any African American worth their salt should feel the same way.
You have a knack for completely misinterpreting what other people write. As I said, Hispanics and Asians are much more upfront with their racism compared to Whites who have been constantly shamed into walking on eggshells with regard to their dealings with minorites. Most Whites are so scared of being called a racist that they got out of their way to hide their feelings.

This isn't to say that most Whites are racist, but the ones that are will not be open about it. Hispanics, and to a lesser extent Asians, have not been conditioned to be politically correct with their feelings towards other races, whether those feelings would be deemed racist or not.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
You have a knack for completely misinterpreting what other people write. As I said, Hispanics and Asians are much more upfront with their racism compared to Whites who have been constantly shamed into walking on eggshells with regard to their dealings with minorites. Most Whites are so scared of being called a racist that they got out of their way to hide their feelings.

This isn't to say that most Whites are racist, but the ones that are will not be open about it. Hispanics, and to a lesser extent Asians, have not been conditioned to be politically correct with their feelings towards other races, whether those feelings would be deemed racist or not.
No...i didn't misinterpret anything. What i have a knack for is reading between the lines and seeing what people are REALLY saying without actually coming and saying it.

And you're doing it again with the "whites being constantly shamed and walking on eggshells" thing. It's very transparent.

Besides, you didn't deny it...which in your case is a half hearted admission.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
No...i didn't misinterpret anything. What i have a knack for is reading between the lines and seeing what people are REALLY saying without actually coming and saying it.

And you're doing it again with the "whites being constantly shamed and walking on eggshells" thing. It's very transparent.
When you say reading between the lines, what you're really doing is seeing others' words through your worldview were you believe there is always a hidden agenda or message to be revealed. Sometimes, people do mean what they say.

Quote:
Besides, you didn't deny it...which in your case is a half hearted admission.
I didn't deny it, because I don't play that stupid game that you and others like you play. You accuse others of racism just to see them get all worked up trying to defend themsleves as not being a racist. I'm sure you find it amusing, but sorry, doesn't work on me.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:30 AM

932 posts, read 1,180,696 times
Having lived in Miami and having been married to a Cuban woman, I can offer an opinion on this. Many white Cubans I met in Miami (including friends of my wife) were flat-out racist towards black / Haitian people and even other Hispanics, particularly those from Central America with Indian features. The terms "negra" and "indio" were banded around a lot.

Miami itself is a very unoffically segregated city, largely controlled by white Cubans, whether in terms of media or local politics. There are few middle class black people living in Miami itself, unlike other parts of Florida where you see many more middle class black people. Many cannot get jobs in Miami because the dirty secret that they don't want you to know is that Miami is no "melting pot" and is a racist place, in which you'll find it difficult to get hired if you're black & not white, Cuban and bilingual. The predominantly Cuban police force of Miami-Dade Police Dept are also very heavy handed towards black people, with many cases of unarmed blacks being shot and killed by the trigger happy police.

In my opinion, it stems from 1) many Cubans wanting to be of "pure" Spanish lineage and 2) the recent history of slave ownership in Cuba (pre-Castro) and 3) as Cubans are immigrants themselves, the political correctness that makes white Americans more reluctant to speak their minds does not apply to white Cubans.

Last edited by Glasvegas; 12-06-2011 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: I

Old 12-06-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
When you say reading between the lines, what you're really doing is seeing others' words through your worldview were you believe there is always a hidden agenda or message to be revealed. Sometimes, people do mean what they say.

I didn't deny it, because I don't play that stupid game that you and others like you play. You accuse others of racism just to see them get all worked up trying to defend themsleves as not being a racist. I'm sure you find it amusing, but sorry, doesn't work on me.
It worked like a charm. And it worked because you did what you just said above...you meant what you said. Don't front as if i'm out of pocket here. Just cop to your words and leave it at that.

You said what you said, i responded. I wasn't wrong, and you didn't say i was wrong. That's not a stupid game; that's just the reality.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
It worked like a charm. And it worked because you did what you just said above...you meant what you said. Don't front as if i'm out of pocket here. Just cop to your words and leave it at that.

You said what you said, i responded. I wasn't wrong, and you didn't say i was wrong. That's not a stupid game; that's just the reality.
I meant what I said, not what you said. Your dumb game of trying to reinterpret what others wrote and using your own fabrications to accuse others of made up nonsense doesn't fly with me. I don't care and I've already wasted enough time responding to you.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I meant what I said, not what you said. Your dumb game of trying to reinterpret what others wrote and using your own fabrications to accuse others of made up nonsense doesn't fly with me. I don't care.
Whatever dude.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:25 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,725,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
Having lived in Miami and having been married to a Cuban woman, I can offer an opinion on this. Many white Cubans I met in Miami (including friends of my wife) were flat-out racist towards black / Haitian people and even other Hispanics, particularly those from Central America with Indian features. The terms "negra" and "indio" were banded around a lot.

Miami itself is a very unoffically segregated city, largely controlled by white Cubans, whether in terms of media or local politics. There are few middle class black people living in Miami itself, unlike other parts of Florida where you see many more middle class black people. Many cannot get jobs in Miami because the dirty secret that they don't want you to know is that Miami is no "melting pot" and is a racist place, in which you'll find it difficult to get hired if you're black & not white, Cuban and bilingual. The predominantly Cuban police force of Miami-Dade Police Dept are also very heavy handed towards black people, with many cases of unarmed blacks being shot and killed by the trigger happy police.

In my opinion, it stems from 1) many Cubans wanting to be of "pure" Spanish lineage and 2) the recent history of slave ownership in Cuba (pre-Castro) and 3) as Cubans are immigrants themselves, the political correctness that makes white Americans more reluctant to speak their minds does not apply to white Cubans.

All true. There is much racism among white Cubans in Miami and in other parts of the US, but again, nobody can say that "Cubans" dislike "Blacks" because many Cubans are Black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies