Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 11:20 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Hmmm.... is there a study of the circumstances behind rapes occurred? I know liberals would like to think that every rape is some guy in a dark hoody pouncing on an unsuspecting jogger in the middle of the night... but that certainly is not always the case.

How many rapes occur around drugs? Around alcohol? How many rapes occur in situations where a Christian woman is least likely to be found?
""""How many rapes occur in situations where a Christian woman is least likely to be found?"""

And where are those "places" a "christian" woman is least likely to be found???
You'd find them in all the places you mentioned.

Are you now advocating that women's movements be controlled???....

I think you'd better do a little research on who gets raped.

Then you wouldn't be trying to blame the victim....which is what misogynists and rapists love to do.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:23 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,723,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""""How many rapes occur in situations where a Christian woman is least likely to be found?"""

And where are those "places" a "christian" woman is least likely to be found???
You'd find them in all the places you mentioned.

Are you now advocating that women's movements be controlled???....

I think you'd better do a little research on who gets raped.

Then you wouldn't be trying to blame the victim....which is what misogynists and rapists love to do.

Twist and contort all you want.

Christian women are less likely to be found in situations that involve questionable motives from questionable people. Do we find real Christian women in those places? Are you really going to even attempt to argue that? So how would you argue that? Using ratios of non Christian women to Christian ones? Or just if you can find at least 1 its a yes and 0 its no? Seems like you would have to take the latter approach for anything at all to remotely come out in your favor.

Hey I know.... lets FORCE the Christian women into these situations so they have an equal chance of being raped, I know you would love to do that wouldn't ya?

Old 05-16-2009, 11:27 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,285,737 times
Quote:
Seriously? Your constant far left cheerleading and highly questionable, totally isolated stories are getting rather old. I usually glide past your posts because they're all the same but I felt it gratuitous to give you a little progress report this time.
And yet you still don't answer the question.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:32 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:

Christian woman are less likely to be found in situations that involve questionable motives from questionable people.

Hey I know.... lets FORCE the Christian women into these situations so they have an equal chance of being raped, I know you would love to do that wouldn't ya?
I wasn't twisting anything. I read your post and quoted it word for word.
You can NOT prove where "christian" women are likely to be found....unless you think "christian" women don't drink , do drugs, or go anywhere they aren't surrounded by friends who will protect them from harm.

Women are raped everywhere...didn't you know that!!!!!!??
90 year old women get raped, babies get raped...where were those naughty babies hanging around that they got THEMSELVES RAPED!!!!?????

Women can go to the mall in broad daylight and be dragged into a car, be awakened in their own home to be raped by an intruder.

"christian" women are cops, social workers , SOLDIERS (who are hanging out with FELLOW SOLDIERS AND GET RAPED!) , poor women who haven't got a gate or security system to keep out the bad guys, etc.

So I have to believe you want women to stay in a pen somewhere and never go anywhere or it's THEIR fault they got raped.

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 05-16-2009 at 11:45 AM..

Old 05-16-2009, 11:36 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,304,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb View Post
This doesn't happen nearly as much as the news media would lead us to believe. Much more often women will get an abortion because of the inconvenience of having a child.
Rape does happen, it is the most under-reported crime. I wonder how you'd feel if your mother/wife/sister/daughter were raped. Rape is the gift that keeps on giving.

It is none of your business what anyone does to their body.

For me, it's my body, I'll do with it what I want.
Doctors refuse to sterilize women until they've had children and are in their mid to late 30's, some not at all. If married, women have to have permission from their spouse.
A man can get a vasectomy any time he chooses, no note from home, no age requirements.

Yeah, forcing women to breed is a control issue.
Madonna/***** complex anyone?

Old 05-16-2009, 11:37 AM

814 posts, read 2,308,519 times
haha, christians don't get raped. those poor altar boys, shame on them being in church.

most people are raped by people they know period. it's not as much about where they are.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:38 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,203,422 times
Thread title changed from

Would bible thumpers oppose abortion if their wives/girlfriends were raped and impregnated

To

Would Christians oppose abortion if their wives/girlfriends were raped and impregnated

Please start threads in a descriptive and non-inflammatory manner as the title's language often sets the tone for the discussion. Using inflammatory language that would obviously be offensive to many only serves to create a flame war and set a series of personal attacks in motion.

7,359 posts, read 10,285,737 times
Quote:

Christian women are less likely to be found in situations that involve questionable motives from questionable people. Do we find real Christian women in those places? Are you really going to even attempt to argue that? So how would you argue that? Using ratios of non Christian women to Christian ones? Or just if you can find at least 1 its a yes and 0 its no? Seems like you would have to take the latter approach for anything at all to remotely come out in your favor.

You are completely ignorant about rape. One year, in Austin, Texas, the oldest rape victim was 83. The youngest was 8 months. What "situations" are they responsible for being in?

8,762 posts, read 11,582,114 times
Quote:
Seriously? Your constant far left cheerleading and highly questionable, totally isolated stories are getting rather old. I usually glide past your posts because they're all the same but I felt it gratuitous to give you a little progress report this time.
Awwwwww. Whats the matter? Don't like that I dont agree with you? Sad that I am not brainwashed by religion and support CHOICE over being anti woman.

Cry me a riverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 05-16-2009, 11:41 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,314,002 times
I am against abortion.

I'll allow abortion for rape (< 1% of the cases) if you give up abortion for convenience (the other 99% of the cases).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies