Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 09:30 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,184,331 times

Advertisements

This whole abortion debate ignores a fact: There is philosophy and there is realpolitik. Philosophically, who could be in favor of a woman terminating a pregnancy? I think very few people could be happy with that happening.

Then there is reality: Abortion and termination of pregnancy has been with society since before the dawn of recorded history.

So abortion is going to happen and did so before Roe v. Wade. Anyone here remember that Frank Sinatra's mom had two convictions for performing illegal abortions? That stuff about coat hangers and illegal 'scrapes' was real life, scary and it happened.

And, abortion happens to be legal in these United States of America. At base, the president should work on making abortion safe and rare. And I have seen very little of stress in those areas by anti-abortion protesters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 09:38 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Until then, if you're a man against abortion, keep it in your pants, and use it only when the woman you're partnering is going to have your baby and raise it properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
No. I'll continue working with and donating to organizations that wish to change the laws. But thanks....

Old 05-17-2009, 09:43 AM

240 posts, read 352,389 times
I don't understand why with so many of you people, everything is so black and white. Abortion isn't a black and white issue, you don't necessarily have to be 100% for or against it. I am against random whores using abortion over and over so that they don't have to be more careful with their choices, however I feel that if a young child makes a mistake, a mothers life is at danger, a woman was raped, etc they should have the ability to terminate the pregnancy. Complex issues are rarely a simple yes/no answer. I wish more people would realize this.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungame View Post
I don't understand why with so many of you people, everything is so black and white. Abortion isn't a black and white issue, you don't necessarily have to be 100% for or against it. I am against random whores using abortion over and over so that they don't have to be more careful with their choices, however I feel that if a young child makes a mistake, a mothers life is at danger, a woman was raped, etc they should have the ability to terminate the pregnancy. Complex issues are rarely a simple yes/no answer. I wish more people would realize this.
So how would you legislate this moralistic POV? How would you as a jurist define and identify a random ***** who shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion, or let his girlfriend have one?

Old 05-17-2009, 09:54 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
My response was directed to the part of her post stating that I'm not entitled to an opinion.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
My response was directed to the part of her post stating that I'm not entitled to an opinion.
How do you feel about the other part of her post?

Old 05-17-2009, 09:56 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,851,545 times
He will feel nothing. To liberals, the unborn child is a like a tumor. No problem removing it...

Old 05-17-2009, 09:57 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,530 times
Quote:
I am against random whores using abortion over and over so that they don't have to be more careful with their choices.
1. Are you in favor of random whores having child after child? Random whores don't sound like women who would make the best mothers, but then, who knows?

2. Do you think random whores should be forced to give birth as a means for teaching them a lesson?

3. Do you think random whores should be punished for not making better choices by being forced to give birth?

Old 05-17-2009, 09:57 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
I agree.

I believe 100% in the right to an abortion in the case of rape or medical necessity.

I also believe in making contraceptives (and even sterilization) much more widely available - I could care less who sleeps with who; I'd simply prefer that they be responsible if a child is unwanted, thus dramatically reducing the chance of a pregnancy at all.

Let's also work on making adoption a more viable option.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:58 AM

How come you guys can type "whores" and it comes out?

ah! plural is okay?

whores *****

aha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies