Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2009, 08:17 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
I have a 15 year old daughter. I would hope she doesn't become pregnant, and we've taught her well. If she does the wrong thing and becomes pregnant, I will not throw away her life...she will have an abortion.
I would much rather you informed her of ALL the options. If she then chooses abortion, I believe that to be her right. But she should no more be pressured into that choice than what parents used to do when they pressured/forced their daughters to give up their babies for adoption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 08:19 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,314,005 times
I once had an MD to share that he didn't know the moment life begins. Some believe that we have been alive from the beginning of life itself. Others say life begins when the Dr. spanks the baby's butt. What he did share was that he felt that since he didn't really know about the true moment of life, he would look at the real issue. He feels that abortion is simply avoidance of responsibility. I agree.

There are many ways we can argue. Should rape victims be offered abortions? How about incest? I am not arguing, but rather seeking answers.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:22 PM

240 posts, read 352,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
A Supreme Court judge is a jurist. So, same question.

Hmm really? Never knew that, but I am not a judge, nor do I write laws. Something like a cap, past that the some sort of involuntary sterilization. Same thing that has been done with deadbeat manwhores. I do think that in certain circumstances it is always excusable, such as if the mothers life is at risk, rape, incest, etc. Casual abortion I think needs to have stringent regulations in place, and I am against late term abortions 100% except if the mothers life is at risk....there is a rough draft of my opinion, don't know if that answers your question but Im not a lawyer.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:24 PM

240 posts, read 352,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Force women to sustain pregnancies except for the ones you force to get sterilized. Right.
Well if you actually read what I wrote I said involuntary sterilization should be used if they repeatedly use abortion as an easy fix to getting pregnant. I don't know why that statement amazes you so, it is the same concept as sterilizing dead beat dads, which I am also in favor of. As for the "forcing them to have the baby', you obviously didn't read my post.

Last edited by fungame; 05-17-2009 at 08:35 PM..

Old 05-17-2009, 08:31 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya know if you guys don't quit throwing around all that logic and common sense you're going to scare the Anti-Choice, Anti-Individual Liberties, Anti-Freedom, Pro-"women are just breeding animals " crowd !!!
I disagree because, from what I've seen many of that crowd don't recognize logic when they see it!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:47 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And ALL you have done is voice your opinion...never reading other's posts nor answering questions....so quit being so emotional....
I don't think anyone can not be emotional on the subject of abortion.

Pro-lifers think it's murder, pro-choicers want women to have complete control over their bodies.

Supporting legalized murder or supporting laws that take away anyone's rights to make decisions for their bodies will always cause the other side to get worked up.

Though I am pro-life, I hope you can appreciate that I understand both sides.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:52 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fungame View Post
Well if you actually read what I wrote I said involuntary sterilization should be used if they repeatedly use abortion as an easy fix to getting pregnant. I don't know why that statement amazes you so, it is the same concept as sterilizing dead beat dads, which I am also in favor of. As for the "forcing them to have the baby', you obviously didn't read my post.
I never heard of the idea of forced sterilization of dead beat dads.

Sounds like something from the 50's.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I don't HAVE to show respect. Respect is earned. I agree that you have a right to free speech and to post your opinion. In MY opinion, your opinion is irrelevant. Unless you can carry a baby to term, your right to decide what a woman does ends with ejaculation.
So would you support taking away my right (and the right of 150 million other Americans) to vote?

That's what you're suggesting.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:56 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
So would you support taking away my right (and the right of 150 million other Americans) to vote?

That's what you're suggesting.
Makes about as much sense as you supporting taking away her (and the right of 150 milllion other Americans) to control their own bodies.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Makes about as much sense as you supporting taking away her (and the right of 150 milllion other Americans) to control their own bodies.
You have the right to vote for your pro-choice Presidents and others who will keep the SC full of pro-choice justices. We have the right to vote for pro-lifers.

It's that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies