Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 06:35 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Hear the breaking news about the catholics in Ireland who tortured and molested thousands of children?

Yup, they are dead set against abortion because OBVIOUSLY there would then be less children to torture.

If the people who called themselves Catholic had ONE principle, ONE ounce of integrity, one smidgeon of morals...they would leave that religion in droves.....now let's see who they support.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 06:42 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Catholic Church shamed by Irish abuse report

Published: 5/20/09, 8:05 PM EDT
By SHAWN POGATCHNIK

DUBLIN (AP) - After a nine-year investigation, a commission published a damning report Wednesday on decades of rapes, humiliation and beatings at Catholic Church-run reform schools for Ireland's castaway children."""

And the Vatican covered it up, protected the rapists and torturers.....Notre dame can go screw itself....what IS that place turning out....more animals????

Old 05-20-2009, 06:42 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What?
Did they forget to mention that part?

Old 05-20-2009, 08:03 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
That's your problem right there... getting your "information" from far leftist websites and thinking it's accurate!
Obama interrupted, graduates overshadowed at commencement - Fox 28: South Bend, Elkhart IN News, Weather, Sports
The age old debate and its national media coverage took center stage during Sunday's ceremonies. Notre Dame Officials told us all week that they hoped the university's commencement ceremonies would go off without a hitch, but that was not the case. Protesters interrupted President Obama's speech taking the spotlight away from the graduates and their accomplishments.

The above is from the link and the link is the local Fox South Bend.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
LOL speechless? Riiiggght

Of course Obama got a "warm welcome." Did anyone really think the crowd would boo him off the stage? Get real.

The real "warm welcome" will come if the form of less private donations and endowments to the university (which is already happening). Who gives a crap about a few loud mouths with banners and bull horns? Money-talks.
My educated guess it that the diminished donations business will blow over soon, may already be done with. You'll not that the article you quoted said people will take ND out of their wills, etc. I"ve not seen any evidence that anyone acutally has done so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
Yes, actually I did watch it on TV. There were protesters, but did he get booed off the stage? No. Was the welcome overall warm? Yes. So again, what would make anyone think that Obama wouldn't get a warm welcome? I think you fail to see that my argument is against Fox News. I disagreed with any notion that they put forth that Obama would not be warmly recieved - except for a few protests. And as it turns out, Obama gets a warm welcome. I fail to see why that surprises anyone since most people in that auditorium willingly attended the ceremony.
Well, yes, but there was supposed to be this huge student boycott, which didn't materialize, and about 19,700 of the 20,000 expected protesters did not show up.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:11 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
My educated guess it that the diminished donations business will blow over soon, may already be done with. You'll not that the article you quoted said people will take ND out of their wills, etc. I"ve not seen any evidence that anyone acutally has done so.

Well, yes, but there was supposed to be this huge student boycott, which didn't materialize, and about 19,700 of the 20,000 expected protesters did not show up.
Do they ever?

Old 05-20-2009, 09:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Do they ever?
No. Our daughter used to be a student at Valparaiso U, near Notre Dame. We went out there one time for an orchestra concert she was playing in. For some reason, there was supposed to be a big "anti-war" protest in front of the chapel where the concert was being held. This was in December of 2005. It fizzled. The excuse was that it was "too cold".

Old 05-20-2009, 10:00 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Media Matters "reported" that Fox News, Drudge and Rush were wrong about Sen. Chris Dodd about the AIG bonuses.

Media Matters was later proven to be wrong and Fox, Drudge and Rush were right. It was Dodd who lied and gave out misinformation.
Ah, nope.

At the bottom of the post you quoted is the answer - I know it was a lot to read, so here it is again. working links are at the post you quoted.

The link that your link links to about Dodd, AIG, Mediamatters reporting - I think you and the person who reported it are confused about it, and about MediaMatters's role.
"Media Matters, a liberal [sic] organization that is known for monitoring the conservative media, is reporting at Fox, Drudge falsely assert Dodd put "bonus protections" into stimulus bill | Media Matters for America that the information saying that Dodd favored an amendment that would allow the AIG bonuses was false.

Dodd's spokeswoman, Kate Szostak, is also saying that the accusation is false, saying that Dodd never included an exemption for the bonuses."

explanation by Dodd'sspokeswoman follows at th elink your link went to - Media Matters Says Fox News, Drudge Report, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh All Wrong on Sen. Chris Dodd on AIG Bonuses - Capitol Watch
so it looks like the title is correct, and that Drudge, Rush and so on were wrong. Not lying or misinformation-ing, you know, just...made a little mistake ya know.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:03 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Did they forget to mention that part?
no - your post was unintelligible.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:12 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
About 10 different POV's were presented. I know that's odd to MSNBC. Is it okay if "pro-abortion" and all the way to the far right extremist present their views? Because that's what actually happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies