Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 11:36 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
LOL this thread is hilarious!!!

Many of you refuse to look at facts.

this thread is for people who want to push their stereotypes and not look at real hard facts.

LMAO at all of you!

I posted awhile back a thread called Welfare Myths Debunked. some of you should go back and read it!
Hilarious and frightening at the same time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
I am a nurse now and I have to tell you that it gripes my a** to have somw welfare mother come to my er with five kids and free healthcare for a fever or pain pills. She needs public assistance yet manages to have her hair and nails done and smoke cigs while talking on her cell phone wearing the latest fashion. This is an everyday occurance.....So you will excuse me if I have a hard time feeling sorry for people like this! I know that this is not ALWAYS the case, but it so often is.
You need to get out of nursing..... NOW.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:57 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
If you can not afford childern, don't have them! I grew up lower-middle class.
Would you like someone to have advised your mother not to have the baby that turned out to be you, or to give you and your brothers and sisters up, or forced your mom to have her tubes tied because according to some group's opinion your parents couldnt support you as well as other children were supported?

Would you like some nurse to have sneered at your mother? You'd have appreciated where she was coming from, right? Your mom should have been made to feel bad because in that nurse's personal opinion she and your dad *shouldnt* have had children.
Quote:
I am a nurse now and I have to tell you that it gripes my a** to have somw welfare mother come to my er with five kids and free healthcare for a fever or pain pills. She needs public assistance yet manages to have her hair and nails done and smoke cigs while talking on her cell phone wearing the latest fashion. This is an everyday occurance.And the fathers should be held just as accountable. So you will excuse me if I have a hard time feeling sorry for people like this! I know that this is not ALWAYS the case, but it so often is. If you are on welfare and chose to continue having childern, you shouldn't recieve a check and you should have mandated birth control because you obviously aren't a very good decision maker to begin with. and vasectomys have my vote as well!
What GD business is it of yours? I hope that as a nurse who gets a paycheck no matter what, you dont punish, or find some way to hurt the feelings of, those mothers or their children because of your personal political beliefs.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:13 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
What the World needs is many more OctoMoms. Let's increase the ranks of the lowest class, tax the middle class into oblivion, and see us turn Third World status by default.

How many tax payer funded kids should we be allowed to have with impunity? 15? 20? What's a reasonable number? It's so easy to spend other people's money.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:18 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,712 times
All you need to know right here....

Debunking the Welfare Myths

Old 05-24-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
All you need to know right here....

Debunking the Welfare Myths
What?!? Facts that throw water on welfare and welfare recipients misconceptions? Never going to be read. You need to post something that will fan the flames of hatred, now that will get you some reps!

Last edited by Siouxcia; 05-24-2009 at 01:02 PM..

Old 05-24-2009, 01:01 PM

Oh, and by the way, the Depo Provera shot is given every 3 months, not monthly. And, it is not without side effects for many women.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:02 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Oh, and by the way, the Depo Provera shot is given every 3 months, not monthly. And, it is not without side effects for many women.
Exactly! but there you go with those facts. SMH...why don't we just let them have at it without all of our knowledge.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:37 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Hmmm...how about every man that fathers two children and can't support them gets "fixed?" Yeah...that sounds good, too. Why do you always jump on the "welfare MOTHERS"?

Be careful what you wish for when you start bulldozing people's rights. Lose your job or health benefits and you could be the next one in line for having your kids taken away.
I don't think the OP said anything about taking children away from their parents. It simply proposed that folks accepting welfare also accept birth control.

I think your idea regarding fathers who don't support their children is excellent.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:42 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
oh boy, wait til ACLU hears about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies