Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 02:30 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,428,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
No, I am very safe. I am a part of a majority anyway, a majority that believes marriage is between a man and a woman. You are in the minority, and because you aren't a bigot (liberal coined term) that makes you the one that isn't normal, and the one that is immoral and wrong.
I feel very sorry for you. You sing about being a christian which I assume means you believe in the bible but your words indicate clearly that you treat it like an all you can eat buffet and pick and choose which parts you wish to follow.
THAT kind of christian is NO christian at all.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:34 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I am a bigot. I do not support same-sex marriage, so by the left's warped up logic I must be a bigot. If not supporting this perversion is bigoted, if being a Christian means I am a bigot, if standing up for what I believe to be right makes me a bigot, then so be it.

I want to formally declare the word bigot to be positive. Such a word, when applied to right wingers especially, is an acclamation of intelligence. So bigots unite! I am a bigot and I am proud to be a bigot, because being a bigot is a good, positive thing. Not a bad or negative thing.

We'll have to great each other with this b-word in the same fashion as blacks do with the n-word. In fact from now on this slur may only be used by the people it is intended to offend. So let me be the first to say "What's up my bigot?" Can I get a whoop, whoop from all my bigots out there? Of course no one outside of our group may use the b-word in any context. It's our word and we're taking it back.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:37 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Oh my god, the opening thread says it all...this country is doomed .....I thought Archie Bunker had passed on.
"Meathead" is still around. (No, I don't mean the President. .)
Unfortunately, some people have the same views as meathead.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sray017 View Post
Christians aren't by definition bigots. It's those unfortunate people who interpret the bible to support their own agenda who are bigots. Please don't lump me, or other Christians who do support equality, in with yourself.

Could you please provide an example of what you are talking about? Here's the link.

NETBible: Genesis 1

Old 05-23-2009, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Leviticus predates Christianity by possibly as much as 3,000 years.

I would love to see what NT scripture the OP has found to support his declaration.

How about it, OP?

Romans 1:21-27

NETBible: Romans 1

Old 05-23-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sray017 View Post
If that's the case, and all sins are equal, then anyone who eats shellfish will suffer the same fate as a homosexual. As well as people who commit various other "sins" as they were defined in the old testament (i.e.: Sin List).

Good luck. It seems that we may all end up in the same place.

Passage: Romans 5 (ESV Bible Online)

Old 05-23-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
A number of times, and I really enjoy the poetry of my KJV as well as my edition that only has the "Red-letter text" or the words of Jesus. I am currently reading my way through a translation of the NT into Gullah that my daughter got me for Christmas.

Now. Can you point me to the text I asked for?

Passage: Romans 1 (ESV Bible Online)

Passage: 2 Timothy 3 (ESV Bible Online)

Old 05-23-2009, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
It comes down to love the sinner, hate the sin. Whether a person agrees with a perverse lifestyle has nothing to do with judgment. Christ called sin what it is, sin. He did not beat around the bush when it came to sin. He clearly said that without forgiveness for our sins we would perish. The big difference is that we are not Christ. Do we have the right to call sin what it is? Absolutely! For a Christian to deny sin would not be Christ-like at all. Those who have perverted the truth about Christ, trying to make him tolerant of all peoples all beliefs are just plain ignorant. We do not judge others we judge the fruit of their lives. Do we condemn people, no they condemn themselves through denial of sin and Christ's sacrifice for our sin. In the end it matter little. We will all be judged by the only one worthy to, Christ!
Awesome post! Sorry I can't rep ya again.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Another thing you do not have the right to do is attempt to impose 'Christian' values on the US as a whole.
But you do have a right to impose your values on us?

Old 05-23-2009, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Whether YOU like it or not Americans are guaranteed freedom from religion, including your so-called Christian/Judeo values. They have no standing in the law of the land.
Couldn't find that. Maybe you could help me locate what you're talking about?

LII: Constitution
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies