Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 08:16 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,243,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Whether he is white or black does matter it seems. Black people are allowed to broach this subject. White people are not allowed to for the fear of being called racist. The truth is we now have a 1/2 black President and a black Attorney General. There are black Senators, Congressman and Congresswoman. There are black Engineers, Doctors, Architects, Police Officers, etc.....Opportunity is there. There are blacks that come from some of the biggest ghettos and go on to promising and rewarding lives. To say that a disproportionate amount of crime is committed by blacks in this country is a statistical fact. To say that it is committed against other blacks is also a statistical fact. We need to have this conversation...the poster who posted the need for the conversation is correct. Why are there generation after generation after generation of black, white, and hispanic families on public assistance?? Is it White America's fault. It's too easy to say that. This country elected a man that is 1/2 black. We have come a long way but still need to improve. We also need to STOP making excuses for crime, bad social behavior, and fatherless families.
It's a class war, an economic war, as you point out yourself in this post. That's "the conversation we need to have." Dont be led to believe it's a skin color issue or somehow embedded-cultural issue.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:17 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,738,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Absolutely not!!!

I know many in the (legal) Hispanic and black communities that can work circles around the whites.

I'm an employer, and I'm of the opinion that says, if it weren't for the hispanics, blacks and asians in this country, nothing would ever get done.

BTW, I'm a white guy.
That's a lie. The whites want to be paid a fair wage for a fair days work. Same as the blacks. The greedy business owners instead hire the illegal aliens cause they know they can pay them less. That allows the business owner to fatten his own pocket book and pad his bottom line at the expense of our country.

Business owners that hire illegal aliens outta have the book thrown at them and be locked up in the hoosegow. They are what is killing this country...

Old 05-24-2009, 08:19 AM

639 posts, read 1,144,918 times
This country is on the verge on bankruptcy....how much more can we give?????? I truly believe we are doomed to fail.......Goodbye America.........

Old 05-24-2009, 08:26 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,321,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
That's a lie. The whites want to be paid a fair wage for a fair days work. Same as the blacks. The greedy business owners instead hire the illegal aliens cause they know they can pay them less. That allows the business owner to fatten his own pocket book and pad his bottom line at the expense of our country.

Business owners that hire illegal aliens outta have the book thrown at them and be locked up in the hoosegow. They are what is killing this country...
Most illegals work for small businesses. Fact.

I think Pogo's quote is appropriate when it comes to illegals:

"We have met the enemy and he is us."

Old 05-24-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Most illegals work for small businesses. Fact.

I think Pogo's quote is appropriate when it comes to illegals:

"We have met the enemy and he is us."
Do the illegals force the poor little business owners to hire them?

Old 05-24-2009, 08:32 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,321,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Do the illegals force the poor little business owners to hire them?
What part of Pogo's quote do you not understand? I swear - you argue just to argue. You don't even read the posts.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:36 AM

326 posts, read 882,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
and this is not a race baiting troll because...

Because he is black & that gives him the right to talk about blacks however he likes!

Old 05-24-2009, 08:40 AM

326 posts, read 882,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Whether he is white or black does matter it seems. Black people are allowed to broach this subject. White people are not allowed to for the fear of being called racist. The truth is we now have a 1/2 black President and a black Attorney General. There are black Senators, Congressman and Congresswoman. There are black Engineers, Doctors, Architects, Police Officers, etc.....Opportunity is there. There are blacks that come from some of the biggest ghettos and go on to promising and rewarding lives. To say that a disproportionate amount of crime is committed by blacks in this country is a statistical fact. To say that it is committed against other blacks is also a statistical fact. We need to have this conversation...the poster who posted the need for the conversation is correct. Why are there generation after generation after generation of black, white, and hispanic families on public assistance?? Is it White America's fault. It's too easy to say that. This country elected a man that is 1/2 black. We have come a long way but still need to improve. We also need to STOP making excuses for crime, bad social behavior, and fatherless families.
Are you suggesting Obama is 'half white"? I mean genetically he is but socially speaking I thought he was just black??

Old 05-24-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
What part of Pogo's quote do you not understand? I swear - you argue just to argue. You don't even read the posts.
I'm not the "us" in this particular Pogo reference. Dont know about you and your so-diverse crew.

But evidently we agree that greedy business owners and their lobbies are responsible for the illegal immigration problem.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:48 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,311,194 times
As soon as someone says what their race is on here without being asked, you can tell they are nowhere near what that race is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies