Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 09:27 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
From her mouth: Youtube - "Judge Sonia Sotomayor: Court is Where Policy is Made"

Just the fact that she is stupid enough to publicly admit the role of activism in the courts should be enough to disqualify her... She publicly admits what liberals don't want to talk about, as it's one of their "legislative weapons" around that pesky constitution.
You are not well-enough informed to comment on this. If you actually see it in context, you would know that she was talking about how our court system works. Individual courts make rulings based on law. Sometimes those rulings differ from court to court. That's why appellate and supreme courts have to take appeals. They "set policy" by the appeals that they take in order to resolve conflicting rulings.

That's what she's talking about. but if you want to have a club to attack a nominee, and you don't particularly care if you look like a moron doing it, you will through this out-of-context quote around as if you knew what you were talking about.

So what kind of person are you? One interested in the facts, or one that just wants a club to bash her with?

Old 05-26-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
I keep up just fine. It's not settled just because an extremist court rules a particular way.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Sotomayor has stated that the Courts are where policy is made.

I want her nomination to fail. If she is confirmed, I want her rulings along those lines, to fail by being outvoted by the justices who know that it's Congress's job to make policy, not the Courts'.

So, yes, I want her to fail, too. How could I not?

Limbaugh is right, as usual. And the screamers who mindlessly oppose him, are wrong, again as usual.
And you also don't know what you are commenting about. See my previous comment. (#256)

Old 05-26-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Why? Do you know she is a left wing ideologue?
No. I know that she's not. Why?

Old 05-26-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
She will be the next SC judge and it will be the worse thing that could happen.
I thought Obama's election was the worst thing that could happen. Can't you make up your mind?

Old 05-26-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
...but I especially can't stand progressives who think that the SC should change law and not interpret it.
This is such a totally meaningless statement. Do you even think very much when you write it?

How much "interpretation" equals "change?" Can you find an example (besides Bush v Gore) where the SC changed laws - besides ruling that they are unconstitutional, which is their job?

Provide a concrete example please.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:51 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,247 times
Shes a racsit ****head...so glad Obumer is bringing the country together..

"Divide and Conquer" ........ oldest military tactic!

Hitler did it so why not Obumer.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
yep, but notice for the last 8 years all they could say was how patriotic they were for dissenting. They are nothing but hypocritical whores and nothing more.
There's intelligent dissent (like opposing wars of choice based on made-up intelligence) and there's moronic dissent (like "birthers" and opposing Sonia Sotomayor for stupid and false reasons).

Learn the difference, because it will help you in life.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Like what?

It is well known bubba is/was a sexual deviant. Kathleen Willey, Paula Jones.

It is a fact Teddy "the swimmer" Kennedy left a girl (his mistress) to drown in his car.
Clinton didn't rape anybody.

Kennedy didn't murder anybody.

Did you read the comment that my comment was in reference to, or did you just spout off in your typical knee-jerk way?

Old 05-26-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so using the n-word or other racial slurs is no longer considered racist?
Not necessarily. When blacks use it, it generally is not racist. Why is that so hard to understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies