Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 02:13 PM

185 posts, read 109,261 times

Advertisements

I wondered for two decades how people could be liberals. Especially when the leftwing ideology is based in lies, fear, and ignorance. I've concluded that they rank-and-file liberals probably mean well. In most cases, they just haven't analyzed their own views; for if they had, they would have no choice but to realize the fallacies and contradictions inherent in liberalism.

In fairness, you libs have had a mindset ingrained in you from youth; the mindset that you are not smart enough to control your own destiny; that you must be dependent on others for your job/income/happiness. You were taught that there are two classes of people: poor shlubs like you who are at the mercy of 'bosses'; and the business owner 'bosses' who call the shots only because of inherited wealth obtained from exploitation of shlubs like you. Most liberals probably are not evil people. The evil ones are the liberal political leaders who push all the lies onto undiscerning people.

I am here to release you from your shackles. I am going to educate you on what conservativism is truly about. It's not at all like the caricatures your liberal masters have indoctrinated you with.

Here we go:

1) Conservatives feel in control of their own destiny.
Studies show people are happier and live longer if they feel like they control their lives. Conservatives do that. There is a reason why most business owners are conservative. They are in charge of how well their business does. No boss is telling them what to do or when to do it. Creating a business idea, planning it, implementing it, figuring your way around roadblocks and accomplishing the goal is the greatest feeling in the world. YOU determine to a large degree how much money you will make, and you will make more than the rank-and-file employee. There is nobody to tell you you can't do something, and there is NO limit on your resourcefulness and creativity in getting it done. Can anything be more beautiful than that?

2) When liberal policies rule, liberal politicians become more powerful; when conservatives policies rule, politicians become LESS powerful.
Think about this maxim. It is of monumental importance in understanding politicians' motives. It proves that conservative politicians espousing LESS government are putting the people ahead of their own poliltical power. When there is less government, there is LESS centralized power and less money going to government; therefore every politician is weaker.
The opposite is true of liberal politicians. Liberal success=more money=more power for politicians. This is the best indicator of which side has purer more altruistic motives.

3) Conservatives are the most generous
This one flies in the face of the liberal narrative that conservatives are selfish and greedy while liberals are generous.
According to the annual Generosity Index, conservatives are more generous per capita in charitable contributions. Red state sconsistently occupying the top 20 positions while 10 least generous states are blue. And it has nothing to do with income. Some of the poorest states like Mississippi have a very high ranking while wealthy Massachusetts is ranked among the lowest.
I believe this has to do with the positive outlook self-directed people have. Think about it. When do you feel the most generous? When your happy about life or when you are gloomy? Self-determined people are happy and give more. Miserable folks give less.
The irony is that liberal politicians annoint themselves as 'caring' and 'generous' because they volunteer OTHER people's money toward spending programs for the poor. In reality, the money is coming from highly-taxed conservatives, who in turn, get bashed for 'selfishness'. Incredible, isn't it?
Abortion is another great example. Conservatives who oppose abortion have nothing to gain from it. There's no money in saving babies you've never met. There's no political power in it, as we proved in #1 above. On the contrary, there is BIG money if abortions are peformed. Big money for aborrtion clinics and big donations for pro-abortion politicians. Again, whose motivations are purer?

So the message to take away is: Take control of your destiny. It will make you happier, more generous, more confident. You will find yourself having enough in common with conservatism that you'll one day wake up and realize "Hey. I'm a conservative." I underwent this journey toward personal autonomy during the Carter recession. Losing my job forced me to look within at age 30. When I took control, I realized that I had indeed become a conservative. I was shocked at the revelation, especially because up to that point, I, too, had considered conservatives greedy and selfish. I realized how wrong that stereotype was.

I hope you liberals embark on this journey. I wish you well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 02:14 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,783,148 times
No thank you, I like the journey I'm on, but thank you for your concern.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:22 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,432,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegie View Post
This one flies in the face of the liberal narrative that conservatives are selfish and greedy while liberals are generous.
According to the annual Generosity Index, conservatives are more generous per capita in charitable contributions. Red state sconsistently occupying the top 20 positions while 10 least generous states are blue. And it has nothing to do with income. Some of the poorest states like Mississippi have a very high ranking while wealthy Massachusetts is ranked among the lowest.
I believe this has to do with the positive outlook self-directed people have.
I believe it has to do with the fact that donations to churches are deductible. Eliminate the all donations to non-charitable religious uses -- that is, don't count donations to support things like the church building, it's staff and it's administrative costs -- and redo the comparison.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:22 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,649,778 times
Quote:
I wondered for two decades how people could be liberals. Especially when the leftwing ideology is based in lies, fear, and ignorance. I've concluded that they rank-and-file liberals probably mean well. In most cases, they just haven't analyzed their own views; for if they had, they would have no choice but to realize the fallacies and contradictions inherent in liberalism.

In fairness, you libs have had a mindset ingrained in you from youth; the mindset that you are not smart enough to control your own destiny; that you must be dependent on others for your job/income/happiness. You were taught that there are two classes of people: poor shlubs like you who are at the mercy of 'bosses'; and the business owner 'bosses' who call the shots only because of inherited wealth obtained from exploitation of shlubs like you. Most liberals probably are not evil people. The evil ones are the liberal political leaders who push all the lies onto undiscerning people.

I am here to release you from your shackles. I am going to educate you on what conservativism is truly about. It's not at all like the caricatures your liberal masters have indoctrinated you with.

Here we go:

1) Conservatives feel in control of their own destiny.
Studies show people are happier and live longer if they feel like they control their lives. Conservatives do that. There is a reason why most business owners are conservative. They are in charge of how well their business does. No boss is telling them what to do or when to do it. Creating a business idea, planning it, implementing it, figuring your way around roadblocks and accomplishing the goal is the greatest feeling in the world. YOU determine to a large degree how much money you will make, and you will make more than the rank-and-file employee. There is nobody to tell you you can't do something, and there is NO limit on your resourcefulness and creativity in getting it done. Can anything be more beautiful than that?

2) When liberal policies rule, liberal politicians become more powerful; when conservatives policies rule, politicians become LESS powerful.
Think about this maxim. It is of monumental importance in understanding politicians' motives. It proves that conservative politicians espousing LESS government are putting the people ahead of their own poliltical power. When there is less government, there is LESS centralized power and less money going to government; therefore every politician is weaker.
The opposite is true of liberal politicians. Liberal success=more money=more power for politicians. This is the best indicator of which side has purer more altruistic motives.

I believe this has to do with the positive outlook self-directed people have. Think about it. When do you feel the most generous? When your happy about life or when you are gloomy? Self-determined people are happy and give more. Miserable folks give less.
The irony is that liberal politicians annoint themselves as 'caring' and 'generous' because they volunteer OTHER people's money toward spending programs for the poor. In reality, the money is coming from highly-taxed conservatives, who in turn, get bashed for 'selfishness'. Incredible, isn't it?
Abortion is another great example. Conservatives who oppose abortion have nothing to gain from it. There's no money in saving babies you've never met. There's no political power in it, as we proved in #1 above. On the contrary, there is BIG money if abortions are peformed. Big money for aborrtion clinics and big donations for pro-abortion politicians. Again, whose motivations are purer?

So the message to take away is: Take control of your destiny. It will make you happier, more generous, more confident. You will find yourself having enough in common with conservatism that you'll one day wake up and realize "Hey. I'm a conservative." I underwent this journey toward personal autonomy during the Carter recession. Losing my job forced me to look within at age 30. When I took control, I realized that I had indeed become a conservative. I was shocked at the revelation, especially because up to that point, I, too, had considered conservatives greedy and selfish. I realized how wrong that stereotype was.

I hope you liberals embark on this journey. I wish you well.
You may as well tell them unicorns and leprechauns are real--

Old 05-17-2009, 02:24 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,588,912 times
No thank you.

I have every right to be liberal and am enjoying that right.

We have seen what conservatism has done in the last 8 years.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:27 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,113,614 times
Quote:
I wondered for two decades how people could be liberals. Especially when the leftwing ideology is based in lies, fear, and ignorance.
As I recall it wasn't the liberals screaming the Russians are coming the Russians are coming which of course morphed into, the Negroes are coming the Negroes are coming. Only to be replaced with 9/11 24/7. So, I'm a bit hard pressed to take an argument about lying, fear and ignorance seriously that starts off by lying, and is about as ignorant as an argument can get.

"I've concluded that they rank-and-file liberals probably mean well. In most cases, they just haven't analyzed their own views; for if they had, they would have no choice but to realize the fallacies and contradictions inherent in liberalism."

Yes, that's the answer, liberals are just deluded and if we would just come to the light, all will be good in the world.

"the mindset that you are not smart enough to control your own destiny; that you must be dependent on others for your job/income/happiness."

Well unless you are earning an income without employees, bosses, customers and suppliers I have to concede your point.

I would go on but this is far to boring even for as bored as I am sitting here.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:28 PM

18,412 posts, read 19,070,288 times
you assume a lot in you post. most of it based on bias so what you are rambling about could well be said about the person on the right. you have an ego big enough to think that YOU can educate someone to your way of thinking. oh joy!

Old 05-17-2009, 02:28 PM

455 posts, read 1,019,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
You may as well tell them unicorns and leprechauns are real--
Yeah! You may as well tell them God is real too while you're at it. Or any other mythological creature.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:30 PM

185 posts, read 109,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
No thank you.

I have every right to be liberal and am enjoying that right.

We have seen what conservatism has done in the last 8 years.
Actually, conservativism has done great things the last 8 years. Where we went wrong is when the leaders acted liberal.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:32 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,113,614 times
Quote:
Actually, conservativism has done great things the last 8 years. Where we went wrong is when the leaders acted liberal.
Funny the vast majority of Americans seemed have missed all of those great accomplishments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies