Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which types of marriages are you in favor of?
Heterosexual marriage - between two opposite sex partners. 50 58.82%
Homosexual marriage - between two same sex partners 27 31.76%
Bisexual marriage - between 3 partners of different sexes 6 7.06%
Plural marriage - permission to be married to more than one person at the same time 7 8.24%
I am for marriage of consenting adults of any sex and number combination whatever goes is fine with me 37 43.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 10:42 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times

Advertisements

When homosexual marriages are recognized, the next will be plural marriages so that bisexuals will have their marriage rights.

A bisexual who wants to marry BOTH a man and a woman.

This will be the next frontier.

Also a plural marriage could be a woman who wants to live in a marriage with two husbands or a man who wants to have two wives.

Once gay marriages are recognized there is nothing standing in the way for this to occur next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 10:50 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
I voted for the last one. I don't care who gets married as long as their consenting adults. Some of y'all need to grow up AND mind your own business.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:56 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,553,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
When homosexual marriages are recognized, the next will be plural marriages so that bisexuals will have their marriage rights.

A bisexual who wants to marry BOTH a man and a woman.

This will be the next frontier.

Also a plural marriage could be a woman who wants to live in a marriage with two husbands or a man who wants to have two wives.

Once gay marriages are recognized there is nothing standing in the way for this to occur next.
I take this as a rethorical question? When you are sleeping in your own home at night, do you keep thinking who is sleeping with who around town and/or across the nation? I sure hope you are not.

With that in mind, how does it affect your wallet, meal, going out to the movies, etc. when someone is have a threesome somewhere else?

However, for the sake of argument, what are you saying? That you would not agree with gay marriage because the next thing is what you mentioned?
That is a slippery slope fallacy if I recall correctly. Let have the same rights we all have and deal with those other issues later.

You have a great day.
El Amigo

Old 05-27-2009, 10:57 AM

501 posts, read 1,064,659 times
Bisexual doesn't mean 3 parties are involved. I don't know why so many can't wrap their heads around the concept.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:02 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I voted for the last one. I don't care who gets married as long as their consenting adults. Some of y'all need to grow up AND mind your own business.
I second that and will add this- I do not think that the government has ANY business in "marriage". Marriage is a RELIGIOUS rite and belongs in the church and should only be performed within the confines of a church. The government should only issue DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENTS to any adult parties that so request them and NOT issue "marriage licenses".

Old 05-27-2009, 11:03 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
I may support plural marriage since it's none of my business how a man or woman wants to live their personal lives.

That being said, I will not support it if they expect every wife/husband to have benefits. Limit the benefits to the "first" wife/husband.

Seriously though, why would anyone want MULTIPLE wives/husbands??? Just more nagging!!! :P

Old 05-27-2009, 11:05 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I also follow up with that.

Some people do need to grow up and move out of the way. They are holding America back and it is a sad sight.

Plural marriages? LOL! And just because gay marriage passes, it DOES NOT MEAN that POLYGAMY will be allowed.

Sorry luckgem but I feel you are very misinformed when it comes to issues of sexual orientation. Bisexual does not mean you want to marry members of both sexes. It simply means you could go either which way in finding a partner. You need to research a little more. Or you may know but are simply twisting words around to make it worse or to make it seem like it is a agenda.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:06 AM

It's a multiple choice poll. you can select more than one answer.

The foundation of our society is on the rocks because of gay marriage and homosexuality in popular culture. There is homosexuality in the media on a daily basis, on television, in celebrity culture, and pop culture.

Homosexual marriage will erode the family values of American society which venerate marriage between male and female to the eventual degradation of interpersonal relationships between a male and female. homosexuals engage in abnormal sexual practices because it is the physical act of sex defines what and who a homosexual is.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:08 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

Homosexual marriage will erode the family values of American society which venerate marriage between male and female to the eventual degradation of interpersonal relationships between a male and female. homosexuals engage in abnormal sexual practices because it is the physical act of sex defines what and who a homosexual is.
Can you explain how this will take place?

Old 05-27-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzer21 View Post
Bisexual doesn't mean 3 parties are involved. I don't know why so many can't wrap their heads around the concept.
If a man A who is sexual with man B and they decide to marry that will be a same sex marriage. Then man B (who is married to man A) decides that he wants to marry a female - because he's bisexual - he is permitted to marry female C. So there you have man B married to both a male and to a female. That's bisexual marriage.

If man A decides to marry female B, female C, female D and female E. That's a plural marriage = polygamy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies