Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which types of marriages are you in favor of?
Heterosexual marriage - between two opposite sex partners. 50 58.82%
Homosexual marriage - between two same sex partners 27 31.76%
Bisexual marriage - between 3 partners of different sexes 6 7.06%
Plural marriage - permission to be married to more than one person at the same time 7 8.24%
I am for marriage of consenting adults of any sex and number combination whatever goes is fine with me 37 43.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 11:11 AM

807 posts, read 1,303,112 times

Advertisements

I voted for the last one.. I believe that 2 Consenting adults should be allowed to get married.. but also believe that marriage should be left up for churches to decide AND NOT dictated by the Federal or State governments or judges.. That said, I live in California and Voted "No" on Prop 8.. The orchestraters behind Prop 8 was a religious group that used to believe that Polygomy was ok, which seemed more than just a little hypocritical..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 11:16 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Can you explain how this will take place?
It will continue to turn societal values which are built on male to female interpersonal relationships on its ear.

Because it will filter down through the public education system (as it has been doing for over 30 years), continue to be visible in popular culture (television, celeb culture, music) and ultimately homosexuality will be seen as a viable alternative to heterosexuality by young people - which it is not.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:16 AM

807 posts, read 1,303,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It's a multiple choice poll. you can select more than one answer.

The foundation of our society is on the rocks because of gay marriage and homosexuality in popular culture. There is homosexuality in the media on a daily basis, on television, in celebrity culture, and pop culture.

Homosexual marriage will erode the family values of American society which venerate marriage between male and female to the eventual degradation of interpersonal relationships between a male and female. homosexuals engage in abnormal sexual practices because it is the physical act of sex defines what and who a homosexual is.
Can't Agree with you on this one..

Emotional and physical attraction are what generate who a Homosexual is as it also generates whom a Heterosexual is..

"The Foundation of our society is on the rocks because of Gay Marriage".. Uh.. So, Gay Marriage is the reason for Wars, Poverty, Global Greed, and the increase in gang violence and crime??.. Wow! You seem to give gay folk alot of credit..

Things like Britney Spears' 48 hour marriage and casual divorce are what is causing the erosion in traditional marriage, not the desire by a bunch of gay and lesbian folk who want to get married..

Old 05-27-2009, 11:17 AM

968 posts, read 1,039,508 times
Quote:
The foundation of our society is on the rocks because of gay marriage and homosexuality in popular culture. There is homosexuality in the media on a daily basis, on television, in celebrity culture, and pop culture.

Homosexual marriage will erode the family values of American society which venerate marriage between male and female to the eventual degradation of interpersonal relationships between a male and female. homosexuals engage in abnormal sexual practices because it is the physical act of sex defines what and who a homosexual is.
What you claim to be the "foundation of our society" (christian "family values") I consider to be a set of suppressive and prescriptive dictates based on some farcical mythology used by those in power to instill a false and lasting claim of authority. If this false foundation is under attack I say "great" and want to know what I can do to bring it down faster.

Personally (and I can't for the life of my understand why you find this so offensive) I believe that the foundation of our society is our constitution and the concept of equal treatment under the law enshrined within it.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:17 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,218 times
Quote:
When homosexual marriages are recognized, the next will be plural marriages so that bisexuals will have their marriage rights.

A bisexual who wants to marry BOTH a man and a woman.

This will be the next frontier.

Also a plural marriage could be a woman who wants to live in a marriage with two husbands or a man who wants to have two wives.

Once gay marriages are recognized there is nothing standing in the way for this to occur next.
And why do you care what people do with their private lives? As long as there is consent, adults should be allowed to share their lives with whomever they want.

I find two guys kissing to be as gross as the next straight guy, but I see no problem with them being allowed to share the same benefits of marriage that I'm allowed for simply being straight.

If five people in West Hollywood get married to each other (3 guys and 2 girls in a plural marriage), how does it affect you in any way? If they all expressly choose to be involved in that kind of relationship, what possible reason do you have for meddling in their personal lives? What makes you so special?

Old 05-27-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
I voted for the last one.. I believe that 2 Consenting adults should be allowed to get married.. but also believe that marriage should be left up for churches to decide AND NOT dictated by the Federal or State governments or judges.. That said, I live in California and Voted "No" on Prop 8.. The orchestraters behind Prop 8 was a religious group that used to believe that Polygomy was ok, which seemed more than just a little hypocritical..
Because you voted for the last option that means you believe that a man should be allowed to marry as many men or women as he wishes and be married to them all at the same time?

Old 05-27-2009, 11:20 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
It's a multiple choice poll. you can select more than one answer.

So, what do you find so appealing about government monitoring and controlling what a couple does in the bedroom, to ensure they don't engage in "abnormal" sexual behavior? Why must you poke your nose in others' affairs? Are your beliefs in strong family values so weak that others' way of life can influence it so easily? Or, is it that the only way to save the world is to be a control freak?

If consenting adults choose to live their lives in a certain way, as long as they are not intruding into my personal life, its their life. Hence my selection in the poll. Besides, government needs to get out of this business of marriage, let churches, temples, mosques, synagogues... decide that, and only recognize civil union for all.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
And why do you care what people do with their private lives? As long as there is consent, adults should be allowed to share their lives with whomever they want.

I find two guys kissing to be as gross as the next straight guy, but I see no problem with them being allowed to share the same benefits of marriage that I'm allowed for simply being straight.

If five people in West Hollywood get married to each other (3 guys and 2 girls in a plural marriage), how does it affect you in any way? If they all expressly choose to be involved in that kind of relationship, what possible reason do you have for meddling in their personal lives? What makes you so special?
Do you realize how sick that is? That is evidence of a lack of societal values.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:22 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,218 times
Quote:
It will continue to turn societal values which are built on male to female interpersonal relationships on its ear.

Because it will filter down through the public education system (as it has been doing for over 30 years), continue to be visible in popular culture (television, celeb culture, music) and ultimately homosexuality will be seen as a viable alternative to heterosexuality by young people - which it is not.
Huh? What kind of sense does that make? Are you saying that heterosexual males would CHOOSE to suck on another man's thingy simply because it's acceptable in society? Would you swing the other way?

Gay people are gay, straight people are straight, you can't turn someone gay simply by being more accepting of it. How many gays come from households that rally against it? How about those church leaders like Ted Haggard? GIVE ME A BREAK. You have to be irrational, delusional or just plain stupid to actually believe that somehow all of society will go gay because gay marriage is legalized. I certainly wouldn't, and none of my friends would. Nobody chooses to be gay. How dumb can you be?

Old 05-27-2009, 11:22 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:

I think you are seriously delusional & have some wacked out form of influence going on here. Let me ask you something: because gay marriage is allowed, do you think heteros are going to die off? Do you think people who are attracted to the opposite sex are suddenly going to say "well, the hell w/this, might as well be gay since it's allowed now!"? Your "logic" & "reasoning" is SERIOUSLY flawed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies