Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you make a choice to be straight?
Yes 14 15.22%
No 16 17.39%
I just was 60 65.22%
Don't know yet 2 2.17%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 05:17 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Never heard of a colonoscopy?
BWAHAHAHA.... right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 05:18 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
Yeah i'm Canadian and it's tiring at times lol... i'm not used to this and I was shocked to see some of the views in here. I'm not saying other western nations are utopic paradises, but they are typically more liberal and worldly. Having said that, we can't generalize our American friends for every 1 xenophobic loon there are 2 or 3 sensible and intelligent people
You have a really good point. Many many Americans never leave America. Many never even leave their State. I remember driving to New Orleans and a girl in a gas station called her friend over to hear my accent as she thought i was French, even though i have a English accent. This biopic view of the world may be a big factor in some of the absolutely ignorant opinions that you can get here. How can people really be expected to understand what goes on in the world if their only contact with it is the T.V. No wonder their views are so narrow, and they believe the rubbish that people with an agenda feed them.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
BWAHAHAHA.... right?
Never heard of colonics? Princess of Wales was a firm fan of a Colonic.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:25 AM

Quote:
You have a really good point. Many many Americans never leave America. Many never even leave their State. I remember driving to New Orleans and a girl in a gas station called her friend over to hear my accent as she thought i was French, even though i have a English accent. This biopic view of the world may be a big factor in some of the absolutely ignorant opinions that you can get here. How can people really be expected to understand what goes on in the world if their only contact with it is the T.V. No wonder their views are so narrow, and they believe the rubbish that people with an agenda feed them.
it's becoming less and less.. but you're right...
part of the problem is.. america is such a big country.. and most americans don't really concern themselves with anything outside of the US.. they don't really ever have to..
I lived in Australia for 4 years in the late 90's.. traveled much of asia..
sadly I have not been to europe mainland yet.. only london to visit a friend...
They just have no idea.. and only see the world in their little cubes..and they have plenty of company in those little cubes.. and they throw around their "rubbish" back and forth, and it becomes a force in political discussions..
it becomes tiresome to even try to reason with them...

Old 05-29-2009, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Never heard of colonics? Princess of Wales was a firm fan of a Colonic.
oh no.. I have heard of them... I'm laughing because of it being a response to entering the backdoor... lol

Old 05-29-2009, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
oh no.. I have heard of them... I'm laughing because of it being a response to entering the backdoor... lol
I personally am a front door guy. I know what you mean but i'm not gay and i would never force my orientation onto other people.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:27 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Not so with gay people, and I think it's beyond silly that some people here are trying to equate with being "born gay" with being "born a sociopathic killer". Karfar..I'm rather surprised at you here.
Met, I'm in no way equating homosexuality w/sociopathic tendencies. Unfortunately, that was just the example that I came up with in terms of being born the way they are. I understand that probably most people who are sociopaths come from an abusive background, I don't have any facts or numbers however I also think that there are some people who are just born bad. I'm not saying in anyway that people who are gay are bad, not at all. You know me better than that!

Old 05-29-2009, 07:43 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I have asked this every time I hear the statement that gays made the choice to be gay. When did you choose to be straight?
Have they found the gay gene yet? What about a gene for people who like any of the number of sexual preferences out there?

If this is a cry for acceptance, as in "I'm gay, please accept me for who I am!" Then just say so. I accept people who are introverted, extroverted, oversexed, undersexed, nervous, calm, boring, people who like kinky sex, people who barely want to have sex at all ect...

Old 05-29-2009, 09:09 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Met, I'm in no way equating homosexuality w/sociopathic tendencies. Unfortunately, that was just the example that I came up with in terms of being born the way they are. I understand that probably most people who are sociopaths come from an abusive background, I don't have any facts or numbers however I also think that there are some people who are just born bad. I'm not saying in anyway that people who are gay are bad, not at all. You know me better than that!
I think it was a faulty comparison, sorry. They are way more homosexuals in society than serial killers in the first place...the ones who may have been "just born that way" are the exception rather than the rule.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:10 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I think it was a faulty comparison, sorry. They are way more homosexuals in society than serial killers in the first place...the ones who may have been "just born that way" are the exception rather than the rule.
Sure, it was faulty. It was the first thing that popped into my head. Apparently pinot noir does that to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies