Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 12:56 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,665,596 times

Advertisements

Positive influence?!?!?! Sheesh....how quick voters forget. It really was not that long ago when she told us all that she was never proud of the USA. She claims to be proud now but I suspect fame can change the mind of conceded people.

Proud influnence? She autta be ashamed of herself. Lord only knows how many Americans are ashamed of her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 01:06 PM

37,226 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Positive influence?!?!?! Sheesh....how quick voters forget. It really was not that long ago when she told us all that she was never proud of the USA. She claims to be proud now but I suspect fame can change the mind of conceded people.

Proud influnence? She autta be ashamed of herself. Lord only knows how many Americans are ashamed of her.
Could we get a link to that, please?

Old 05-30-2009, 01:11 PM

18,401 posts, read 19,027,378 times
were you all this vocal when laura bush was first lady? this woman is a positive influence, even if she and her hubby are not your cup of tea you should be able to see that to the vast majority of people she is a fine example. she is a class act as all of our first ladies. grow up

Old 05-30-2009, 01:24 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
were you all this vocal when laura bush was first lady?
The gushing over the Obamas is so over the top, everything the Obamas do, is supposed to point to some otherworldly greatness they posses.
Michelle talks to some kids gardening and now she is eligible for the Presidency?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If this is the impact Michelle Obama is having on the youth of America, then maybe we elected the wrong Obama as President.

Way To Go, Michelle. These kids will be old enough to vote by 2016. You're a shoo-in
Sickening.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:24 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,086,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post

I know a LOT of Americans agree with her.
When people make these comments they are referring to the government...are you proud of your government of the past 30 or so years?

Old 05-30-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
The gushing over the Obamas is so over the top, everything the Obamas do, is supposed to point to some otherworldly greatness they posses.
Michelle talks to some kids gardening and now she is eligible for the Presidency?

Sickening.
I remember seeing laura bush do the same type of things michele is doing and the media covered it positively as well. same thing with nancy and the first mrs. bush. all this grumbling the "sickening" feeling people express against the first lady, who is only trying to do their part to help children or to grow a darn garden tell me that something else is bothering them, as these things are nothing to get upset about. so they should either spit out what is really troubling them, not "look" for little stuff to ***** about.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:34 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Obama's wife is nothing more than a made up celebrity, cleverly manufactured to look the part and sound the words. As she said before her man became president she never respected the U.S. She still hates the country. She did not have the decency to curtsy to the Queen of England as a sign of respect to the English people, our truest allies. Not much class coming for her.
No. She is the First Lady of the United States. Nothing "made up" about that.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:40 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,057 times
Quote:
I remember seeing laura bush do the same type of things michele is doing and the media covered it positively as well. same thing with nancy and the first mrs. bush. all this grumbling the "sickening" feeling people express against the first lady, who is only trying to do their part to help children or to grow a darn garden tell me that something else is bothering them, as these things are nothing to get upset about. so they should either spit out what is really troubling them, not "look" for little stuff to ***** about.
Don't change the subject, nobody is criticizing Mrs. Obama helping kids grow a garden, it's the over the top credit she receives doing what every other first lady before her has done.
And please, with your racist innuendo nonsense.
I'll make a suggestion by quoting you:
Quote:
grow up

Old 05-30-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Don't change the subject, nobody is criticizing Mrs. Obama helping kids grow a garden, it's the over the top credit she receives doing what every other first lady before her has done.
And please, with your racist innuendo nonsense.
I'll make a suggestion by quoting you:
I am NOT changing the subject people/posters have made negative comments because of the garden how she dresses and the rest. the media covered all firsts ladies as much as they do mrs. obama. if people can't find any other reason to grump other than what I mentioned than something else IS going on. to even be mad that she is getting media attention is also a bit silly.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
One photo shoot on the White House lawn with the wrong garden tools and she's changed their lives forever ?

Send that lady over to the middle east but quick !!!

here is one post about gardening
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies