Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 05:10 PM

454 posts, read 796,118 times

Advertisements

eh, last time I checked, the metro ny area had more jews than Israel. Metro Detroit probably has more Muslims than Yemen or perhaps Jordan.

*shrug*

Ooh, and more Christians than the papal nunciate or Italy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 05:10 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
That's funny, Gallop reports just the opposite. And while this poll is admittedly 3 years old I doubt that things have change that much over time.

Majority of Americans Prefer Path to Citizenship for Illegal Immigrants

I wonder if this is the same path to citizenship that was voted down because of public outcry.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:12 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,317,511 times
Quote:
That's funny, Gallop reports just the opposite. And while this poll is admittedly 3 years old I doubt that things have change that much over time.Majority of Americans Prefer Path to Citizenship for Illegal Immigrants
With todays economy?
Dream on,no way is that poll relative anymore... if it ever was.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:14 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times
Quote:
That's funny, Gallop reports just the opposite. And while this poll is admittedly 3 years old I doubt that things have change that much over time.

Majority of Americans Prefer Path to Citizenship for Illegal Immigrants
Yeah, I have always found it funny how a poll done to 334 people turns into a national statement. Polls are a joke and should never be considered a source of real information. Tell you this much though, in the last year I gaurantee you I have spoken to atleast 500 different people about our problems with illegals. And out of that number I would say maybe 1 in 20 said they would be cool with amnesty. The overwhelming majority of these people whom I literally talked with about the issue clearly want these people to answer for their crimes and be sent home. See, that's information I can actually believe in because I gathered it myself through actual human interaction. Put down the polls and go out and talk to regular people. You know, construction workers, farmers, restaurant workers, etc. and see how they feel about the situation. That is where you will get your real answers. Not from the suits in the office building, from the people who have actually suffered as a result of the invasion. And guess what, those people are also the majority here in America. The poor and lower middle class.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:15 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,669 times
Quote:
Reads2MUCHActually, I protest daily right here on this forum my friend. Every stroke on this keyboard helps get my views out there for anyone who cares to read them.
Can't really compain about the media, if your doing something in your own home.

Quote:
As for protest, I have not attended one in atleast two years. But I was a part of a relatively small gathering in Raleigh, N.C. in late 2006. And you know what, there was no coverage on the news for that gathering.
So, why didn't you contact your local newspaper, TV or Radio Station before hand or after the event? Besides, being in a small group isn't going to help your cause; the bigger the better.

Quote:
But if we had been 3 college kids chanting for "immigrant rights" it would have been on every station.
Maybe the 3 kids actually went out to the local media.

Quote:
Yet another example of our "free media" But I tell you, I will protest and I will speak to as many as I can on the computer and out there in the real world. Protest is an expression of freedom. One which I hold dear and wouldn't trade for anything.
Again, you can't get upset over the media not covering your cause. You need to get out there and get the message out to the media before hand.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:18 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
If the US is truly a 'Muslim nation', then it can't be one of 'the Enemies of Islam'....nor can the present war in Iraq be a 'War on Islam'. Therefore, perhaps it would be wise to CALL ourselves a Muslim nation, whether we are or not.....so al-Qaeda will quit threatening us.....

...or something like that..

Old 06-03-2009, 06:23 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Haven't you heard. The smaller your presence the greater your influence in this country these days. We fight for minorities only, while the majority is demonized.
Are you certain? Do you feel victimized?

Old 06-03-2009, 06:27 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Ok, first of all no one said anything about "oppression" That was your own addition and quite misplaced I might add. But the majority in this country, be it racial, political, religious,etc, are demonized on a regular basis. Meanwhile, we give and give to those "less fortunate" than ourselves.

For example, the majority of American citizens are calling for the deportation of the illegal immigrants in this country. But to hear the news talk about it, we all want them to stay and get extra money for education as well. See, in this situation we have the minority, "the illegals", overruling the majority, "the citizens", and getting all the free sympathy press they could ask for. Meanwhile, we hear nothing from the opposing side except for a ten second snip in the news every once in a while.

So just as I said, we fight for the minorities while we demonize and ignore the majority. It doesn't have to be about race. It could simply be about issues such as the one I just mentioned. My statement is simply a fact based on everyday observation. And it is absolutely true. Just watch the news or read your local paper. Or better yet, offer evidence to the contrary.
It's interesting. According to your view what kinds of groups are "demonized"? Could you be specific?

Old 06-03-2009, 06:50 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times
This thread is a duplicate and has already been discussed today.

Try looking before you post.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:58 PM

639 posts, read 1,142,954 times
I enjoy your posts Reads2MUCH....keep it going....your opinion is as good as anyone elses or have they outlawed that in this country too??? You know the libs believe in free speech as long as you are agreeing with them. If not, you become a racist, a bigot, an anti-semite, a fringe lunatic, a follower, a non-thinker....I could go on forever.....if only we could have their intellect......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies