Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 08:51 PM

654 posts, read 1,210,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Playboy and conservative women don't seem like a natural pairing so a morbid curiosity made me investigate further when I heard the two terms used together. I am sorry that I did.

I am, for the most part, a believer in Liberal politics, but I am also a woman, and the absolute offensiveness of the Playboy / conservative women connection defies political beliefs. What I found when I looked into the conservative women in Playboy story was a blatant example of hate speech against women disguised as social satire.

The controversy seems silly on the surface: Playboy decides to publish some sort of list about 10 conservative women. Obviously I expected it to be the "top 10 hot conservatives" or even the "top 10 conservative women you want to see naked," but I was wrong and the reality was a brand of misogyny straight out of the dark ages.

The actual topic of the Playboy article on conservative women was the top 10 conservative women the author, Guy Cimbalo, wants to "hate f*ck."

------------------------------------------------------

Obama promised us the dream of post-partisanship—a cuckoo land where party affiliation and factional animosity were forgotten. Turn on cable news or open any newspaper, however, and you’ll quickly discover that the dream has yet to materialize. But there is a way to reach across the aisle without letting principles fall by the wayside. We speak, naturally, of the hate [f**k]. We may despise everything these women represent, but goddammit they’re hot. Let the healing begin.

Link

The article has since gone down the memory hole, but the link does have excerpts of the disgusting piece.

I can only imagine the month long media **** storm that would follow had this been a article talking about liberal women to assault and rape, but since the target was conservatives there is nary a peep about it. Down the memory hole it goes never to be mentioned again.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:53 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Come on now. Nobody actually reads Playboy do they?

Old 06-05-2009, 08:55 PM

Cached link to the original article

Old 06-05-2009, 08:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post
The article has since gone down the memory hole, but the link does have excerpts of the disgusting piece.

I can only imagine the month long media **** storm that would follow had this been a article talking about liberal women to assault and rape, but since the target was conservatives there is nary a peep about it. Down the memory hole it goes never to be mentioned again.
Warning - Politically incorrect statement ahead:

Maybe they couldn't find 10 liberal women attractive enough to even consider for a "hate ****".

Old 06-05-2009, 09:12 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:

Welcome to the real world. I see you chose the red pill.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:15 PM

271 posts, read 182,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Come on now. Nobody actually reads Playboy do they?
I do! I like the pictures as well but i have a hot wife so no need to really stare at them.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:57 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:

Did you read this?? A liberal woman wrote this. It just never ceases to amaze me the lengths the right will go to continue to incite hatred for the left......
Quote:
I am, for the most part, a believer in Liberal politics, but I am also a woman, and the absolute offensiveness of the Playboy / conservative women connection defies political beliefs. What I found when I looked into the conservative women in Playboy story was a blatant example of hate speech against women disguised as social satire.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:16 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Partisanship has gone extremist --- who cares who gets hurt/slandered as long as it isn't 'my' guy or party.
We the people are shortchanging ourselves in the apparent race to get even with what 'they' said or did. It is a race to the bottom but the shills can't quite see that.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:21 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Playboy never used to be hateful.

Even Mad Magazine is unrecognizable nowadays.

Too bad.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Did you read this?? A liberal woman wrote this. It just never ceases to amaze me the lengths the right will go to continue to incite hatred for the left......
That's pretty funny. Nice attempt at deflecting from the issue.

Now, maybe you can read the OP again and tell me if you don't think that there would be a MAJOR media **** storm if it were liberal women on this list instead of basically ignoring it totally. This article (the one which describes which conservative women deserve to be sexually assaulted) first appeared almost a week ago. Tell me that there is not a MASSIVE double standard when it comes to things like this.

What would happen if a conservative had said that they want to "hate f****" liberal women, or if a conservative had said that they hoped that someone like Michelle Obama got gang raped? I'll tell you what would happen: it would be headline news for weeks with widespread media calls for boycotts and firings. Yet when a liberal writes and article about how he would like to basically rape conservative women, or when a "comedian" makes a "joke" about how the conservative Sarah Palin should be gang raped, it is briefly mentioned and quickly forgotten by the media.

But yeah, you're right, I'm the one inciting hatred for actually bringing this up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies