Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 01:32 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,033,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
When are we going to do something about all the Nazis and racist that have taken over the AM band of the radio? It is no wonder we are seeing racist attacks and abortion doctors being murdered when you have people on the radio like Hannity, Limbaugh, Savage, Gallager and the like on there all the time spewing hate at certain segments of the country and the President. It is time to start bringing back some balance on the radio by reimposing the Fairness Doctrine.
Just today some racist attacked the Halocaust Museum because he doesn't like the Jews. Immigrants have been attacked, blacks have been attacked, abortion docs killed in church and at home and there is little doubt in my mind that much of this is encouraged by talk radio and its venomous right wing extreme host.
Why don't the left wing people put up a radio show of their own that will be as informative, entertaining, and successful as any conservative talk show today. Wouldn't that be "fairness"? Oh, wait - it was already tried. Why did Air America fail? because no one wanted to listen to them.

Why don't you just say what you want to say and declare that you want to restrict free speech because you don't agree with the conservative message? How "tolerant" of you.

It really sucks to be a liberal - you have no message anyone wants to listen to, you can't win a debate with a conservative because any solution you propose to any perceived problem is doomed to fail, and thus being bankrupt idealogically and politically, you resort to lying, misrepresenting, and demonizing your political opponents. How sad that those are the only weapons a liberal has in their arsenal.

Last edited by Harrier; 05-23-2012 at 01:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 01:39 AM

503 posts, read 808,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Talk radio appeals to the lowest common denominator, angry ignorant masses.
Especially on the hate-ridden SIRIUS left.

Ever listen to Mike Malloy? As hateful a person as has ever walked this planet.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:59 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,607,082 times
Quote:
When are we going to do something about all the Nazis and racist that have taken over the AM band of the radio? It is no wonder we are seeing racist attacks and abortion doctors being murdered when you have people on the radio like Hannity, Limbaugh, Savage, Gallager and the like on there all the time spewing hate at certain segments of the country and the President. It is time to start bringing back some balance on the radio by reimposing the Fairness Doctrine.
Just today some racist attacked the Halocaust Museum because he doesn't like the Jews. Immigrants have been attacked, blacks have been attacked, abortion docs killed in church and at home and there is little doubt in my mind that much of this is encouraged by talk radio and its venomous right wing extreme host.
Flip side of the same coin. When Bush Jr. was in office all I heard was the need to shut down talk show hosts. I think at one point, he even tried it.

So let me get this straight. If there is a lib in office of president it is, shut down right wing media. If there is a right wind in office it's shut down lib media.

I have an idea. Let's just shut 'em all down, how's that?

Old 05-23-2012, 03:27 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,686,325 times
Quote:
AWWWW, poor widdle baby...can't figure out how to use the ON/OFF button.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:57 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,352,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Do not listen! For god's sake i had to get an xm radio so i can listen to howard stern. Otherwise the fcc would have fined him into bankruptcy!!

So you are no better then the radical christians who wanted howard stern off the airwaves. You neocon!
Neocon!! .... there's that scare-word again. It starts all the crypto-Nazis who call themselves "progressives" frothing at the mouth, but none of you can agree exactly on what it represents --- it seems to apply to anyone who won't swllow your bias like so much cherry Kool-Aid, proof again that you and your clique see yourselves as the only ones permitted to pass judgement.

Keep right on foaming away .... your Fascism becomes more appparent eith every flame.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:03 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,472,372 times

Old 05-23-2012, 04:07 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,589,520 times
Quote:
Just today some racist attacked the Halocaust Museum because he doesn't like the Jews.
Right-Wingers and Conservatives love the Jews and Israel.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:14 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,068,895 times
Quote:
Simply don't listen.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:18 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,269,126 times
Quote:
You have the choice to not listen to these radio stations, no? Why boost their ratings or your blood pressure by listening to a radio station that is off the walls radical at times? I use to listen to Hannity all the time but he does get carried away and I got so tired not so much of his content as I did his dang screaming and ranting. I listen to 100.5 now which is easy listening, great music and no ranting. Much nicer and leaves me with not much to crab about. Get that blood pressure down, find an easy listening radio station and don't continue to boost any of their ratings by listening to their radical attitudes.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If you really want to hurt hate radio, the best thing you can do is educate yourself and others.
Let us know when this will begin to happen for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies