Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 03:01 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

By Mike Murphy, Republican Stratagetist:

"Despairing Republican friends have been asking me what I think we should do to rebuild the GOP and begin our certain and inevitable comeback. My answer disappoints them: "Build an ark."

I say this because I've made a career out of counting votes, and the numbers tell a clear story; the demographics of America are changing in a way that is deadly for the Republican Party as it exists today. A GOP ice age is on the way."

For Republicans, the Ice Age Cometh - TIME
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 03:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
The Republicans have killed themselves with Bush and then Palin.
The Democrats are in power and we'll see what the Obama-nation produces.

I'm hopeful that in 2012 folks on both sides will be so fed up that a new third party emerges.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:07 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Ha, just wait and see how many people will want to join the Republican bandwagon if President Obama's economic measures fail and his military ventures in Iran and Afghanistan fail. It's possible Obama may go into Pakistan, and that will make a lot of people mad.

If Republicans retake the House and Senate in 2010, you'll be reading the opposite of the way this post started.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:08 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
No surprise here. I'd be surprised if the GOP will get 40% of the vote next cycle. They will spend a few cycles in the weeds and when it dawns on the puritan types that they actually need to appeal to broader base, then perhaps they will get back on track and get back in the game. In the meantime, the scary part will be total Democrat domination of government.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:10 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
hahahaha at anyone that thinks Americans are going to want to pay higher elec bills and higher gas bills and higher taxes for their smokes

When Americans start having less money in their pocket out goes the Obama democrats and thats already happening

Old 06-13-2009, 04:26 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
heck we dont have to wait till 2012 it will start in the 2010 mid terms folks have had it they know they were duped. tax this

Old 06-13-2009, 04:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
heck we dont have to wait till 2012 it will start in the 2010 mid terms folks have had it they know they were duped. tax this
There isnt enough seats up for election in 2010 to make much of a difference one way or another. Obama has pretty much bought and paid for those seats though by delaying his stimulus funding until election term. you know, the funding that needed pushed through NOW before the nation collapsed..

Old 06-13-2009, 04:53 PM

2 posts, read 2,683 times
Some people say:Republicans have been big cry-babys for a long time, since they were the spoiled child that didn't play well with others, always wanting to change the rules mid-game and move the goal posts when the other team gets close to scoreing, accusing others of the same offences they were forgiven for, faking fouls and blowing every little offence out of proportion so they can play the victum because they were always jealous of the sympathy others recieve. They have grown up to be politicians who make great speeches about Truth, Justice and the American way while undermineing it by creating Legislation and loopholes that not only allow but ENCOURAGE Multinational Corporations to acuire American mainstays of industry then OUTSOURCING jobs overseas UNDERMINEING Americas middle-class. Cheat on Taxes by using Mail Drops in the Caymon Islands and forign banks so you and I have to make up the differences. They celebrate Court decisions that insist Corporations are Super Humans who's only obligation is to make Money, they have NO obligation to our Economy, Democracy, Humanity, Truth, Justice or the American way of life! They are a malignantcy that weakens our Society, our Democracy and our Economy! Sometimes these people only turn a blind eye to the corruption and Preditory business pratices of these Monopolies but often they ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE in writing and passing of the legislation that has been so harmfull to the People and Damaging to the Economy, Ecology and Soverignty of the United States of America! These People and their accomplices are the Enemy Within and they need to be exposed for who and what they Truely are. We need to insist that Corporations are NOT Persons. We need to take BACK our Government, our Industry, or Democracy, and DEMAND that ALL POLITICIANS and ALL CORPORATIONS work for the benefit of "The People"!

Old 06-13-2009, 07:43 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
The economy will be in such bad shape due to out of control inflation and high interest rates that the Republicans will have a shot in 2010 of making significant gains. I remember talk of a permenant Republican majority after the Republican revolution. I think rumors of their death is premature.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/23637.html

Last edited by shorebaby; 06-13-2009 at 08:31 PM..

Old 06-13-2009, 07:49 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
You know what they say 'Don't count your chickens befoe your eggs hatch"

When more and more are driven into poverty, when millions more lose their jobs while illegal immigrants have jobs, when people are taxed to death and more companies confiscated, the Republicans could run Donald Duck and get him elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies