Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2009, 02:17 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,978,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
what part of my comment was bigoted? do you think homosexuality is a useful condition?
don't stupid yourself kid.
You probably shouldn't suggest other people are stupid when you yourself think homosexuality is a "condition."

Old 08-29-2009, 06:16 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
I'm a guy who is only sexually attracted to women. I didn't CHOOSE to be that way. Hence women attracted to women, or men attracted to men didn't CHOOSE to be that way either.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:18 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
what part of my comment was bigoted? do you think homosexuality is a useful condition?
don't stupid yourself kid.
I must admit, it's an effective form of birth control...

Old 08-29-2009, 08:17 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I must admit, it's an effective form of birth control...
According to his "logic", every minute of his life not spent impregnating women is a useless condition . How....odd.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieCT View Post
Regarding the OP, this argument has grown very tiresome. As a heterosexual, I did not reach an age and suddenly go, "Hmm, I think I'll be heterosexual." In fact, I don't know a single person who made a conscious choice about whether to be gay or straight. You're attracted to whomever you're attracted to, and sometimes, it's a complete mystery even to yourself.

To feel so strongly that it must be a "choice" makes me think that, perhaps, it was a choice for you. Do you find a homosexual lifestyle particularly tempting and that's why you've assumed a morally superior attitude to those who've embraced their homosexual orientation as opposed to defying it?

Besides, logically, why would anyone, in a society as intolerant of homosexuality as ours has traditionally been, choose to be gay? Why would anyone decide that they want to risk being mocked, rejected by family and friends, fired from their job, kicked out of their church, etc?

I've had the privilege of friendship with several people who are homosexual in their orientation, and they've shared some of their past experiences with coming to terms with it: the difficulty in understanding and then accepting it, the unrelenting fear over revealing it to anyone, the reactions--both positive and negative--of their loved ones when they finally did reveal it. People deserve better than to face this kind of fear over something that harms no one and isn't really anyone else's business, especially during adolescence--which is hard enough without having to grapple with such a thing in addition to everything else.

A better question than "being gay is natural?" would be: "Is it natural for someone to have such obsessive interest in the sexual inclinations and activities of others?" Why don't we discuss that?
Thank you, i agree with all that you have said. What is natural to some, is not natural to others. I cannot imagine that the cruelty that comes along with being gay, I have many gay friends, and being gay even in 2009 is not easy. Still is widely unacceptable. And it is nobody's business, we stick our noses where our noses should not be. More important issues to worry about in 2009.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:46 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post

The truth is that there is NO evidence that being gay is natural, because it isn't. They never found this "gay gene" because it doesn't exist.

Gay choose to be deviants, and should not be extended the rights of people who choose not to be deviants, such as marriage.
You don't see it because you are not looking in the right place. Learn something about primate behaviors; homosexual behavior is not uncommon among primates (humans included).

Not that you will believe it, by the looks of your post. But don't feel bad, it isn't the first time the bible has gotten in the way of us understanding who and what we really are.

Gays are what they are and they didn't choose to be that way; nature did it for them. I feel bad for them, because I can't fathom looking at another man's ass and thinking: "Yea, that's what I'm talking about!" but it's not a reason to devalue another human being. Let them be, and they should let the straight people be too. Life is not simple, orderly and easily catagorized.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:22 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
Certain humans fixate on things that don't fit into their "generic box of facts." They want a homogenized world. They will not get their wish.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:25 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
You don't see it because you are not looking in the right place. Learn something about primate behaviors; homosexual behavior is not uncommon among primates (humans included).

Not that you will believe it, by the looks of your post. But don't feel bad, it isn't the first time the bible has gotten in the way of us understanding who and what we really are.

Gays are what they are and they didn't choose to be that way; nature did it for them. I feel bad for them, because I can't fathom looking at another man's ass and thinking: "Yea, that's what I'm talking about!" but it's not a reason to devalue another human being. Let them be, and they should let the straight people be too. Life is not simple, orderly and easily catagorized.
Gay guys can't get all fluttery about a back porch Hottentot woman, either.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:26 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Gay guys can't get all fluttery about a back porch Hottentot woman, either.
Sucks to be them.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:30 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
I constantly hear gays, and gay supporters tell us, "being gay is natural, haven't you heard of gay penguins, or gay ducks in nature." It is indeed a compelling argument, if God created gay ducks, gay penguins, and other animals, is it so crazy that he might have created gay humans?

Yes it is. And there are many holes in the argument. Being gay is certainly a choice and very unnatural, whether you believe in evolution (in which only the strongest live), or in creation, is in NOT natural.

In the case of evolution: we should be pre-conditioned not to have gay sex, as it is unproductive (or unreproductive). If we have supposedly evolved, the "gay-gene" would have been killed off, because it serves no use. Gays have no practical use in nature. They cannot reproduce, therefore would become extinct very quickly. The only possible solution if being gay is natural is that it is a genetic mutation, such as a mental illness, which is certainly possible.
You've probably already been told, but you really don't understand evolution enough to discuss it.

Evolution doesn't eliminate all nonproductive behaviors. For example, why does anyone smoke? That's harmful. The "smoking gene" should be gone. Well, because the pleasure that some get from smoking is a side-effect of other attributes that are selected for by evolution.

So while your biblical argument may or may not be sound (it really isn't relevant either way), your argument from science is bogus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies