Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 09:38 AM
pba

410 posts, read 917,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The problem is that americans that voted for him had unrealistic expectations because they were lied to. I bet not 1% of the population has a fricken clue what even caused our recession, and many of them think its isolated to just "america". How many "blame Bush" postings have we seen here and when asked what Bush did to cause the recession, they cant name one darn thing. If you cant name what caused the recession, you cant possibly know how to get us out of it..
Glad to see we have one of the 1%ers with us today. Please enlighten us all on how you would save the country, I can't wait to hear this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 09:50 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
32% stongly approve his job as president, 34% strongly disapprove of his job as president. He's dying by a thousand cuts of his own doing. Lack of transparency in the White House, pushing a health agenda that is beyond our ability to pay for or even consider, ignoring economic issues, cowtowing to the extremist left, backtracking on promises regarding taxes and fighting corruption, ignoring civil rights abuses abroad while trumping up imagined ones his own country is supposedly responsible for.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:18 AM
pba

410 posts, read 917,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
32% stongly approve his job as president, 34% strongly disapprove of his job as president. He's dying by a thousand cuts of his own doing. Lack of transparency in the White House, pushing a health agenda that is beyond our ability to pay for or even consider, ignoring economic issues, cowtowing to the extremist left, backtracking on promises regarding taxes and fighting corruption, ignoring civil rights abuses abroad while trumping up imagined ones his own country is supposedly responsible for.
So Obama should let everyone know what he's thinking and what he's doing at all times. Transparency is the big problem, right?

Health care is too expensive so we shouldn't even try to offer it to everyone. Money is more important than health. Sorry to all those poor families without medical insurance who can't afford to see doctors but we simply don't think it's important enough.

Obama has ignored every economic issue that's come up so far. He's so ignorant that he probably doesn't even realize we're having any economic problems right now, right?

We should also invade every county guilty of civil rights abuses. I agree that this would be the right thing to do.

You all sound like a bunch of monday morning quarterbacks. Critical of everything yet not in the least involved in the process so you can make a difference. Howdo you think it would be different if you were president? You think any one persons can work for 5 months, solve all the world's problems and not make any mistakes? It's ridiculous how high the bar is set for Obama and for every other president. The Bush years were a complete failure so we voted in a president that will give us a new direction. Will it be the right direction? We really won't know until his term is over (or his second term is over if we're lucky enough to have him for 8 years).

We've voted in a president capable of making good decisions and that's really all we can hope for. How will he handle the economy? How will he handle Iran? How will he handle North Korea? How will he handle the hundreds of other issues that will come up?? Even he doesn't know the answer to this untilt he issue presents itself but at least we know we have an intelligent person in office capable of making good decisions.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:22 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pba View Post
Glad to see we have one of the 1%ers with us today. Please enlighten us all on how you would save the country, I can't wait to hear this.
Its a WORLD WIDE economic recession, it will recover on its own, no "saving of the country" needed..

Old 06-21-2009, 04:32 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,868,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post

Well said.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
he could have started by not voting for the bank bailout or the auto bailout. after all, he has been a senator since january 2005. he could try to influence the senate to audit the federal reserve. he could fire tim geithner and sever his wall street corporate ties. he could do something about the H1B visas. he could address the illegal immigration issue, other than supporting their citizenship and creating an even greater tax burden on working americans. he could certainly not be trying to pass a health care plan that would benefit these illegal immigrants at the expense of working american taxpayers until the illegal immigration issue is handled appropriately.
How do you expect him to have done all this in 5 months? And please supply a link that illegal aliens would be covered under any kind of health care reform now in congress.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:53 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,618,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
How do you expect him to have done all this in 5 months? And please supply a link that illegal aliens would be covered under any kind of health care reform now in congress.
Katiana - I respect your debating etiquette - but maybe you can't debate things intelligently and reasonably with some of the posters on this forum - they are too dead-set opposed to EVERYTHING that Obama and the Democrats are trying to do...

Sometimes when I read their drivel - I think - hmmm, this is just another example of 'proof by repeated assertion' - if you say something often enough - even if it is false - people will believe it...

Keep on challenging though - I will - but don't expect a miracle...

Old 06-21-2009, 04:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I agree with floridasandy that he could have backed off on his campaign promise about healthcare and gone with some more important things.

Will you be still saying the same things at the end of another 5 months? How about after he has a year and a half? Sometime he is going to have to take some blame for what he has and hasn't done. Surely he won't still be blaming Bush after 10 months in office. I think he will be doing just that.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:58 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
Katiana - I respect your debating etiquette - but maybe you can't debate things intelligently and reasonably with some of the posters on this forum - they are too dead-set opposed to EVERYTHING that Obama and the Democrats are trying to do...

Sometimes when I read their drivel - I think - hmmm, this is just another example of 'proof by repeated assertion' - if you say something often enough - even if it is false - people will believe it...

Keep on challenging though - I will - but don't expect a miracle...
Well said. Some post outrageous lies and when called out, run back under their rocks. Hard to debate the issues with people who believe their own lies.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:01 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,618,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Well said. Some post outrageous lies and when called out, run back under their rocks. Hard to debate the issues with people who believe their own lies.
There is a solid cadre of folks on this forum who post nothing but distortions and half-truths and outright lies...

I guess this forum is one of the last refuges for the disenfranchised on the extreme right...

They banter back and forth with the other sore-losers here - and they actually think that they are having some influence on national politics...

Oh well - what did PT Barnum say - there's a sucker born every second!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies