Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 12:03 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
It isn't just homosexuality they want to ban but any sex at all. .
BS KevK. BS

How about PROVING (for a change), your outlandish and ridiculous assertions?

Or, how about your simply let everyone know that you are doing nothin' but blowing smoke?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 12:14 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
There are 174,000 books in the West Bend Community Memorial Library, but Robert Braun, 74, of West Allis, Wis., just wants to burn one -- "Baby Be-Bop," by Francesca Lia Block.

"We will have demonstrations if they don't remove it," he said.

Library Book Riles Small Wisconsin Town - ABC News

Wow, a book burning. Imagine that. Next thing they'lll be doing is rewriting history and forcing thier norms on the rest of us, and we all know only liberals are allowed to do that!

Old 06-20-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
Name some.

The Holy Bible.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:22 AM

Quote:
It isn't just homosexuality they want to ban but any sex at all. They don't like "hetrosexuality" either which is why they always try to ban things like Playboy, Hustler and sexual toys. I wish they would quit having sex since they hate it so much. Then they would not have another generation of nazi theocrats that normal people have to deal with.

So you're normal and those who disagree with you are nazi theocrats.

ACLU Jew wants Christian groups banned from Thibodaux city festival | JAMES EDWARDS (http://www.thepoliticalcesspool.org/jamesedwards/2008/11/11/aclu-jew-wants-christian-groups-banned-from-thibodaux-city-festival/ - broken link)

Old 06-20-2009, 02:14 AM

37,202 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The Holy Bible.

Wrong.

Liberals consider the Bible to be read and considered an actionable document instead of a weapon to force people to do what you want them to.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:08 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So you're normal and those who disagree with you are nazi theocrats.

ACLU Jew wants Christian groups banned from Thibodaux city festival | JAMES EDWARDS (http://www.thepoliticalcesspool.org/jamesedwards/2008/11/11/aclu-jew-wants-christian-groups-banned-from-thibodaux-city-festival/ - broken link)
Religious nutcases are not normal people. They are nutcases. You can put all the evidence of something in front of them and they are still going to believe the Earth is 5000 years old, was once subjected to a flood that covered the whole earth and that life began when God snapped his fingers and made Adam. That is what I call a nutcase. It is like trying to tell a 3 years old that the fat guy in the red suit does not ride a sleigh through the sky and burglarize a billion houses on Christmas Eve to drop off gifts.
I don't give a crap what the fools believe or what they do in their church and home. They can play with poisonous snakes all day if they want. But when they start trying to make the government use the police power of the state to take away the rights and freedoms of other citizens, it is time to put them in their place. This is not Iran or Saudi Arabia where you either follow their religious beliefs or you get prison or death. Where books and movies are censored by religious nutcase government officials.
So yes, you damn right- they are NAZI THEOCRATS just as I stated. And if "conservatives" really gave a damn about "freedom" they would not be in bed with these people in the Republican Party.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:42 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Religious nutcases are not normal people. They are nutcases. You can put all the evidence of something in front of them and they are still going to believe the Earth is 5000 years old, was once subjected to a flood that covered the whole earth and that life began when God snapped his fingers and made Adam. That is what I call a nutcase. It is like trying to tell a 3 years old that the fat guy in the red suit does not ride a sleigh through the sky and burglarize a billion houses on Christmas Eve to drop off gifts.
I don't give a crap what the fools believe or what they do in their church and home. They can play with poisonous snakes all day if they want. But when they start trying to make the government use the police power of the state to take away the rights and freedoms of other citizens, it is time to put them in their place. This is not Iran or Saudi Arabia where you either follow their religious beliefs or you get prison or death. Where books and movies are censored by religious nutcase government officials.
So yes, you damn right- they are NAZI THEOCRATS just as I stated. And if "conservatives" really gave a damn about "freedom" they would not be in bed with these people in the Republican Party.

Exactly! And this is why the Republican party has gotten off track and off message. Yet the gop has been bamboozled into believing that without the fundementalists they would lose each and every election both national and local.
This type of mingling of religion and politics must stop and must not be tolerated. All of our liberties are at stake otherwise.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:51 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Oh yeah...and the liberal jerk*ffs never demanded books be banned.
Y'know, ELO, this is where your reflexive response "the other side does it too", gets you in trouble.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:16 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
There are 174,000 books in the West Bend Community Memorial Library, but Robert Braun, 74, of West Allis, Wis., just wants to burn one -- "Baby Be-Bop," by Francesca Lia Block.

"We will have demonstrations if they don't remove it," he said.

Library Book Riles Small Wisconsin Town - ABC News

Yest that is bad, there was a nutjob in Arkansas who tried to get Harry Potter banned from the library. I think she had a religious objection to witchcraft or some such bs.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:28 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
When I was on the school board a group of parents came to a board meeting and demanded that all books by Shel Silverstein be removed from all of the schools' libraries....Shel Silverstein of all things. There was a poem in one of the books about a camel being made to wear a bra and they found that so offensive....one of the women even actually said it would lead to rape.....that they demanded all his books be removed. I proceeded to tell them the story of Lot and his daughters and asked if the book that contained such a story should be banned....and then pointed out that the story was found in the Bible. I'm a Christian and known as such in the community and I got some pretty nasty notes from some of my fellow Christians but I hate hypocrisy and I love freedom and when it comes to a point in this country when a few people can control what all people can read then I will fight it all the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies