Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 10:15 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I am amazed that you didn't know that the government destroyed the "breadbasket" of America to save the delta smelt.
I am amazed that you are so blinded by your partisan hatred that you are willing to remain ecologically ignorant about the more complex causes for this situation.

Here's why the delta smelt is important to the long-term viability of the region:

http://www.californiaprogressreport.com/2007/09/a_tiny_californ.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 10:29 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I am amazed that you are so blinded by your partisan hatred that you are willing to remain ecologically ignorant about the more complex causes for this situation.

Here's why the delta smelt is important to the long-term viability of the region:

A Tiny California Fish That Makes a Big Difference - California Progress Report (http://www.californiaprogressreport.com/2007/09/a_tiny_californ.html - broken link)
There is no hate in my heart. Please stop projecting your own hate. No delta smelt is worth making families go hungry. Not now, not ever.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
There is no hate in my heart. Please stop projecting your own hate. No delta smelt is worth making families go hungry. Not now, not ever.
Well, when the entire ecosystem collapses, we'll see how many families go hungry. Forever. Perhaps that will make you feel better.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:33 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Well, when the entire ecosystem collapses, we'll see how many families go hungry. Forever. Perhaps that will make you feel better.
I don't buy into your "chicken little" theory.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
That's because you haven't bothered to educate yourself on the realities of ecology. It's easy not to "buy into" something when you willfully blind yourself.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:46 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
I generalize because it's an internet forum and not a classroom. I'm not worried about "cornering" myself. If you don't think climate change is man-caused, then you are misinformed. It's that simple. Do you seriously think that every major scientific institution on the planet, as well as the Pentagon, is somehow misinformed, but you--for some reason--have the truth? Anthropogenic climate change has never before happened. The fact that climate change is a "natural occurrence" has nothing to do with the fact that anthropogenic climate change is of a completely different, non-evolutionary order, and that quite a bit--in fact--can be done about it. But not if people continue to deny it's reality. And an ecosystems actually CAN "crash" if a significant member of its community is wiped out. Species do go extinct all the time, but never have they gone extinct at the rate of (best scientific guess) 100 species PER DAY. The fact that we're still here and still eating pertains only to certain populations of humans. Many ecosystems are crashing--Haiti, for example, due to deforestation--and many of the people there are decidedly not eating, even if they are still there.

We live in 2009, not 1709, 1809, or even 1909. To continue to apply the pre-chemical and pre-overpopulation capacities of Nature to the present-day situation is folly in the extreme.

while its nice that you are enthusiastic about global climate change...you forget a FEW things

1. while we humans are wasteful, and do polute (which we should change) we are not the main or only cause of climate change

2. just the fact of our population INCREASING effects things

3. there has been 10's of ice ages and WARMING trends through out history (billions of years)

4. MARS is going though global warming TOO,,,,,yet there are NO HUMANS on it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,CARE TO EXPLAIN that

Old 09-17-2009, 11:25 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I think its deceitful to say that if you have hundreds of organism and you take out "one" organism it will cause a "habitat collapse"... habitats don't rely on just one organism... unless you believe in manmade global warming then I guess you believe in any fairy tale... is the minnow a "critical" creature in the habitat... the likely answer is NO...

Nature adapts and all the millions of people put out of work and forced to stand in bread lines for hours on end will adapt to a new found hatred of liberalism where man is a throw away and a tiny fish or a bug is of more value. It will benefit us all in the long run that the left wingers are destroying the lives of mostly the hispanic people who live in that area.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:38 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:

These are the same nuts that will take MILLIONS of taxpayers money to build a crossing for a turtle. You know d*mn well all those turtles are provided with maps to their little tunnel.

Over and over again this was the only issue the guy from the EPA gave as a reason to shut off the water when he was on Hannity. he could care less about the millions effected, only the fishermen up north. How many hispanic fishermmen do you think there is up there?

"It will help protect the jobs of North Coast salmon fishermen, the recreational economy in the Delta"

Old 09-17-2009, 11:43 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Well, then, you should start working on helping to feed those families. I totally agree that American families should not go hungry in this enormously wealthy land of our. Only people with no hate in their hearts would begin to understand and to have empathy for hungry families.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:45 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Nature adapts and all the millions of people put out of work and forced to stand in bread lines for hours on end will adapt to a new found hatred of liberalism where man is a throw away and a tiny fish or a bug is of more value. It will benefit us all in the long run that the left wingers are destroying the lives of mostly the hispanic people who live in that area.
Exactly where are those millions of people who are standing in bread lines? Where are the bread lines? Do you have any links regarding those statistics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies