Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
1 or more of the 3 18 21.95%
NONE of the 3 64 78.05%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:26 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
because?
They are a terrorist organization.

When one of their members, during a protest, ruined an expensive fur coat my wife was wearing, PETA disavowed any liability.

The "protestors" were arrested for assault and destruction of property, and were sentenced to jail (3 years)

We sued PETA - and won -

They are nothing more than a terrorist group - they actually showed their true "colors" with their "protest" over Obama killing / swatting a fly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 10:41 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroofarmer View Post
I sertainly don't support them! They've almost most killed the Australian sheep industry.

To fill you in.
They recently ran a campaign here, against the practice of sheep Mulesing/Docking (Removing Sheep Tails). PETA Claimed that it was "Butchery" and that sheep suffered from horrible wounding. But what they didn't seem to understand! Is that while the practice is slightly gruesome and some wounding can occur, If proper care isn't taken? The practice actually does save sheep from suffering a horrible slow death, caused by Blowfly Strike

(I'm not sure if I should explain what "Blowfly Strike" is...Especially if you're eating?... But, Lets just say it involves Maggots! ).

They've also been continously on about our Live Sheep trade. They want to get it shut down!
They say that stock is transported in appalling conditions and that sheep arrive at foreign ports, abused and malnourised...Which is unture! Australia has some of the World's best checks and balances, for Quarantine and Animal health. We ceratinly won't send sick or mistreated animals and on the sea voyage over, the health of our animals is constantly monitored by onboard vets.

When they finally get there. We then do our best to make sure the foreign..often Middle Eastern abbatoir facilites (Because of Halal laws, they only accept "live sheep" ) are also up to a high standard and that the people understand what we expect of them. But we can't always control what happens when the animals reach these places? and some unfortunately will suffer great cruelty!

These sorts of things tend to reach the world news outlets. Which leads people to become mis-informed. Believing that Australian Farmers and Animal Transporters are Uncaring, Or needlessly Inhumane. When the truth is actually the opposite.
PETA aside, the practice of "mulesing" is needlessly inhumane. They don't do it in New Zealand, and the only reason they do it in Australia is for reasons of economics and expediency. So the "truth," actually, is not "the opposite."

Old 06-22-2009, 10:46 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
They are a terrorist organization.

When one of their members, during a protest, ruined an expensive fur coat my wife was wearing, PETA disavowed any liability.

The "protestors" were arrested for assault and destruction of property, and were sentenced to jail (3 years)

We sued PETA - and won -

They are nothing more than a terrorist group - they actually showed their true "colors" with their "protest" over Obama killing / swatting a fly.
Again, PETA aside. . .Do you have any idea how inhumane and downright cruel the fur practice is? Do you or your wife know how these animals are kept? How they go insane? How they are killed through anal electrocution? It's a diabolical industry. A lot of fur in the U.S. is imported from Asia--where the animals are treated even more cruelly (impossibly enough) and are often skinned alive. So who are the real "terrorists"? These are the facts--politics aside. Are you and your wife really the kind of people who simply don't care?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:12 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
I am a member of PETP (People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants). We get together on weekends and throw tomato juice at vegetarians.

----------

PETA = People Encountering Testy Alaskans

Old 06-22-2009, 11:16 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Well?
I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals and the prevention of mistreatment of animals, but PETA is too extreme for me. As a result, my answer to the above is no to all three.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:20 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
I am glad there is a group out there that looks out for animals as an animal lover but I think they go to far

Old 06-22-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Again, PETA aside. . .Do you have any idea how inhumane and downright cruel the fur practice is? Do you or your wife know how these animals are kept? How they go insane? How they are killed through anal electrocution? It's a diabolical industry. A lot of fur in the U.S. is imported from Asia--where the animals are treated even more cruelly (impossibly enough) and are often skinned alive. So who are the real "terrorists"? These are the facts--politics aside. Are you and your wife really the kind of people who simply don't care?
My wife enjoys her furs (she has several). And, I enjoy my fur lined / trimed Bomber Jackey I had made some years ago.

So, we are the kind of people (along with millions of others worldwide), who enjoy / like our fur coats, jackets etc.

OBTW: PETA does not like "my kind" because we enjoy Hunting (Deer, Elk etc). Do you enjoy hunting?

Old 06-22-2009, 12:48 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
My wife enjoys her furs (she has several). And, I enjoy my fur lined / trimed Bomber Jackey I had made some years ago.

So, we are the kind of people (along with millions of others worldwide), who enjoy / like our fur coats, jackets etc.
the fur trade is barbaric and cruel, it's only serves to torture animals for the vanity and greed of man. most people who know how the industry works no longer wear or support the fur industry. fur wearer's are in the minority and need to turn a blind eye to what happens to these animals so they can wear their hides.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the fur trade is barbaric and cruel, it's only serves to torture animals for the vanity and greed of man. most people who know how the industry works no longer wear or support the fur industry. fur wearer's are in the minority and need to turn a blind eye to what happens to these animals so they can wear their hides.
Actually, fur wearers number in the millions worldwide.

AND, it remains legal.

Then again, you are on the side of an organization who protested the POTUS swatting a fly -

Old 06-22-2009, 12:55 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
That moron Nopalitano shoul classify these idiots as a domestic terrorist group, and the IRS should investigate thier "Non profit" status, despite raking in millions and not having to pay taxes.
Moron. Idiots! Dumbbutts. Stupids. Evilness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies