Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 09:10 AM

224 posts, read 378,313 times

Advertisements

Obama: Not Keeping Promise of Transparency | Newsweek Politics | Newsweek.com

Obama Closes Doors on Openness

As a senator, Barack Obama denounced the Bush administration for holding "secret energy meetings" with oil executives at the White House. But last week public-interest groups were dismayed when his own administration rejected a Freedom of Information Act request for Secret Service logs showing the identities of coal executives who had visited the White House to discuss Obama's "clean coal" policies.

http://www.obama-wire.com/images/obama-mad.jpg (broken link)

Since Obama pledged on his first day in office to usher in a "new era" of openness, "nothing has changed," says David -Sobel, a lawyer who litigates FOIA cases. "For a president who said he was going to bring unprecedented transparency to government, you would certainly expect more than the recycling of old Bush secrecy policies."

The hard line appears to be no accident. After Obama's much-publicized Jan. 21 "transparency" memo, administration lawyers crafted a key directive implementing the new policy that contained a major loophole, according to FOIA experts.

ARTICLE CONTINUED AT LINK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 09:18 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Why are some so surprised?

I think most of us realized all along that obama was justing saying what he had to to get elected. He came up with a slogan (HopeNChange) that he wove throughout his "message" as the main theme to usher in a new and different day. What a load of BS.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:20 AM

Obviously not enough people realized what you and I had from the start....

Obama is a bigger Bush that Bush ever could have been.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:24 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,618,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878 View Post
Obama: Not Keeping Promise of Transparency | Newsweek Politics | Newsweek.com

Obama Closes Doors on Openness

As a senator, Barack Obama denounced the Bush administration for holding "secret energy meetings" with oil executives at the White House. But last week public-interest groups were dismayed when his own administration rejected a Freedom of Information Act request for Secret Service logs showing the identities of coal executives who had visited the White House to discuss Obama's "clean coal" policies.

Since Obama pledged on his first day in office to usher in a "new era" of openness, "nothing has changed," says David -Sobel, a lawyer who litigates FOIA cases. "For a president who said he was going to bring unprecedented transparency to government, you would certainly expect more than the recycling of old Bush secrecy policies."

The hard line appears to be no accident. After Obama's much-publicized Jan. 21 "transparency" memo, administration lawyers crafted a key directive implementing the new policy that contained a major loophole, according to FOIA experts.

ARTICLE CONTINUED AT LINK
ROFLMAO!!!!

More SOUR GRAPES from a bunch of disgruntled sore-losers... nothing more... nothing new about it...

Guess what???

No one cares if you're disgruntled - so throw hissy-fits to your pathetic heart's content!!!

Old 06-21-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
ROFLMAO!!!!

More SOUR GRAPES from a bunch of disgruntled sore-losers... nothing more... nothing new about it...

Guess what???

No one cares if you're disgruntled - so throw hissy-fits to your pathetic heart's content!!!
I didn't lose anything.. I dislike McCain as much as Obama.

The fact of the matter is that Obama promised he would change things EXACTLY like this. But instead of living up to his words, he has lied and is only accelerating the illegal agenda George Bush initiated..

It's pretty sad that you are willing to overlook deceit and accept the same illegal actions which you condemned from Bush simply because "your guy" is the one doing it now.

Think about when "your guy" is gone... Do you still want the POTUS having all of this power? Will you still blindly support the government when it's a "repuglican" in power?

Thank for illustrating what it looks like when blind loyalty and ignorance join forces...

Old 06-21-2009, 09:32 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
Quote:
ROFLMAO!!!!

Guess what???

Yes, but what about the facts in the article? Why is Obama hiding which coal executives came to meet with him at the White House? What could be his reason? What is he planning, that he will foist upon us one small step at a time?

Instead diverting attention, can you address the article?

Old 06-21-2009, 09:34 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,247,519 times
Quote:
ROFLMAO!!!!

Guess what???

No comment about the link?????

Old 06-21-2009, 09:34 AM

527 posts, read 1,282,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878 View Post
I didn't lose anything.. I dislike McCain as much as Obama.

The fact of the matter is that Obama promised he would change things EXACTLY like this. But instead of living up to his words, he has lied and is only accelerating the illegal agenda George Bush initiated..

It's pretty sad that you are willing to overlook deceit and accept the same illegal actions which you condemned from Bush simply because "your guy" is the one doing it now.

Think about when "your guy" is gone... Do you still want the POTUS having all of this power? Will you still blindly support the government when it's a "repuglican" in power?

Thank for illustrating what it looks like when blind loyalty and ignorance join forces...
I think that you are still very naive. Please, do some research. It'll do you good and maybe, just maybe you will stop drinking that kool-aid.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Yes, but what about the facts in the article? Why is Obama hiding what coal executives came to meet with him at the White House? What could be his reason? What is he planning, that he will foist upon us one small step at a time?

Instead diverting attention, can you address the article?
His feeble little mind cannot accept any facts which would conflict with his Obama fetish...

The deflection tactics are obvious and embarrassing but I'm not going to hold my breath and wait for any intellectual honesty from suckers who bought into the McPresident marketing campaign in the first place...

Old 06-21-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville View Post
I think that you are still very naive. Please, do some research. It'll do you good and maybe, just maybe you will stop drinking that kool-aid.
You've got to be trolling.....

How am I naive and what kool-aid am I drinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies