Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 02:31 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,299,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Sorry Sanrene, Bush did it all the time. This is just the latest example of "politics as usual". So much for change we can believe in...
Can you post the link where Bush was selling "buy ins" to the Lobbyists? I am not aware of those links.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 02:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
I gave up on MSM to do any good reporting on unemployment.
I go to the BLS site and read for myself..very easy English on which sector is losing jobs and how many and which sector is gaining jobs and how many.
Then read adjustments made to the last report..more jobs lost then estimated or less.

You then have "facts" on which to base YOUR opinion and can then have some knowledge as you read these MSM articles.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:12 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,003,027 times
No substance in either posts's #47 & 48, just opinion contradicted by fact.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:20 PM

Juan Williams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Allegations of sexual harassment
In 1991, Williams was disciplined by the Washington Post after several female employees at the paper claimed he directed "sexually explicit and hostile comments" towards them.[6] Williams' letter of apology read, in part: "Some of my verbal conduct was wrong. I now know that, and I extend my sincerest apology to those whom I offended."[6]"

To clarify the situation re: Juan Williams.

This speaks to his character and veracity (or lack of either) for at the same time he was doing the fiunky chicken in the Post's building, he was vociferiously defending Clarence Thomas for his (since corroborated) harrassment of Anita Hill.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:27 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,931,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Sorry Sanrene, Bush did it all the time. This is just the latest example of "politics as usual". So much for change we can believe in...
Please post some evidence of this.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:28 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
No substance in either posts's #47 & 48, just opinion contradicted by fact.

Oh I am offended. Hey folks FAIR and Media Matters are fact and AIM and UCLA are opinion. Bet you didn't know that!

Old 07-02-2009, 03:28 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Pat answer, as usual. Also wrong. Please, point out where this was happening with bush in office.
You must have been asleep for the year and a half leading up to March of 2003.

But you are awake now

Old 07-02-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Oh I am offended. Hey folks FAIR and Media Matters are fact and AIM and UCLA are opinion. Bet you didn't know that!
If their facts are wrong, prove it.

I've used Wikipedia to show how little criticism of Media Matters there is outside of the nutty right.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:30 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Meet the Myth-Makers: Right-Wing Media Groups Provide Ammo for 'Liberal <b style="color:black;background-color:#a0ffff">Media</b>' Claims

"Meet the Myth-Makers:

Right-Wing Media Groups Provide Ammo for "Liberal Media" Claims

By Peter Hart and Steve Rendall
[Accuracy In Media] | [MediaResearchCenter] | [Center for Media and Public Affairs]
While the main proponents of the liberal media myth are conservative commentators and talkshow hosts (who themselves are the dominant opinion voices in the media), the ammunition for such arguments usually comes from one of three well-funded groups.

Two of the groups--Accuracy In Media (AIM) and the MediaResearchCenter (MRC)--are openly conservative, while the Center for Media & Public Affairs (CMPA) presents itself as an objective, nonpartisan research group. AIM does relatively little research, while the plentiful "research" produced by the other two groups is frequently marred by methodological flaws or unsupportable assumptions. Despite the weak foundations of their arguments, these groups have developed impressive media profiles."

How is it in that echo chamber?
The media is overwhelmingly conservative and has been for two decades. The sheep listening to FOX News still cling to the "liberal media" myth.

Good post.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:35 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
If their facts are wrong, prove it.
Media Matters is a mouthpiece for the democrats - everyone knows it. They are full to the brim with liberals and democrats - they champion nothing but liberal causes.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

It seems even the WaPo realized what a bad idea this was - are they liars now too?

washingtonpost.com

Quote:
Washington Post Publisher Katharine Weymouth today canceled plans for a series of policy dinners at her home after learning that marketing fliers offered lobbyists access to Obama administration officials, members of Congress and Post journalists in exchange for payments as high as $250,000.

"Absolutely, I'm disappointed," Weymouth, the chief executive of Washington Post Media, said in an interview. "This should never have happened. The fliers got out and weren't vetted. They didn't represent at all what we were attempting to do. We're not going to do any dinners that would impugn the integrity of the newsroom."
They were caught pimping themselves out to the obama administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies