Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 06:26 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
let me splain somthin to you. it is the job of the feds to protect us and our borders thats it and it takes money wich i don't mind paying but geeze section 8 housing? free hot breakfast? free hot lunch? free after school snacks? and an obesity problem because most of the above get foodstamps that they can't possibly spend with all the other free crap.and you try to pi$$ on my nephews? sorry you loose
PS thank you for going away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 07:29 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,125 times
Quote:
let me splain somthin to you. it is the job of the feds to protect us and our borders thats it and it takes money wich i don't mind paying but geeze section 8 housing? free hot breakfast? free hot lunch? free after school snacks? and an obesity problem because most of the above get foodstamps that they can't possibly spend with all the other free crap.and you try to pi$$ on my nephews? sorry you loose
This is absurdly ridiculous. Government has and will always do more than protect us and our borders. You contradict yourself within that very statement. Isn't the government insuring that people who may have been laid off or injured ect. are able to eat, protecting its citizens from starving. Isn't providing citizens temporary affordable housing protecting citizens from homelessness. A debate about the usage of those programs is for another thread but a government is far more than its military.

Quote:
PS thank you for going away
Sorry, but I do venture away from the keyboard on occassion.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
This is absurdly ridiculous. Government has and will always do more than protect us and our borders. You contradict yourself within that very statement. Isn't the government insuring that people who may have been laid off or injured ect. are able to eat, protecting its citizens from starving. Isn't providing citizens temporary affordable housing protecting citizens from homelessness. A debate about the usage of those programs is for another thread but a government is far more than its military.

Sorry, but I do venture away from the keyboard on occassion.
i am self employed so i canot live off you.i like it that way. i know many idiots that lived beyond thier means screw them lesson learned. i don't need or wan't to suport loosers with cable TV and all thier other frills I don't have that stuff and don't want it . they can go make thier own way like i have it means working and planning not voting for an idiot who promises it for free

Old 07-10-2009, 08:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
i am self employed so i canot live off you.i like it that way. i know many idiots that lived beyond thier means screw them lesson learned. i don't need or wan't to suport loosers with cable TV and all thier other frills I don't have that stuff and don't want it . they can go make thier own way like i have it means working and planning not voting for an idiot who promises it for free
Have you ever worked with the poor? I have. They don't have "frills" that you don't have. Far from it.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:22 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Looking at even the sante leadership of the democrats it seems the tea arties and what congressamn are hearing at home has had a effect. i mean the new stimulus just satrts being talked about and reaid has say he will not alow it on the floor;the congreeamn say they were shocked by the voters at home during the recess about haelthcare nenefits being taxed and Cap and trade ;plus the building deficit. Persoanlly ;I think the tea Party type message from normally sileient people id just starting really and will build.I see alot of taxpayer activist coming in the future from people who normally are not involved so much as activist.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Have you ever worked with the poor? I have. They don't have "frills" that you don't have. Far from it.
so what they don't have what i don't have and i work 60 hours a week oh those poor babies. cry me a river. and yes i have worked for the poor doing weatherization for the gov in CO. one house had a bass boat and a trailer with 2 snowmobiles on it i quit out of total disgust. these people just use the system to leech and leech

Old 07-10-2009, 08:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
so what they don't have what i don't have and i work 60 hours a week oh those poor babies. cry me a river. and yes i have worked for the poor doing weatherization for the gov in CO. one house had a bass boat and a trailer with 2 snowmobiles on it i quit out of total disgust. these people just use the system to leech and leech
Have you worked with the really poor? People that live in the inner cities on public assistance? I have been a public health nurse, and I can assure you none of my clients had a snowmobile or a boat. Most didn't even have cars.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:02 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,893 times
No matter if you agree or disagree with the tea parties, any American who is not even a little mad about what our government has been doing for many years now has no clue what is really going on. Democrat or Republican who really cares. They both are out of control. I would suggest you quit having your pissing contests on city-data and wake up. Read or watch something besides what the MSM gives you or either of the two major political parties brainwashes you with. They are making fools out of you and acomplishing exactly what they set out to do. Wake the f**k up!!

Old 07-10-2009, 09:12 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Yes, a government is far more than its military. But a government cannot "protect" its citizens from starvation and homelessness while the government itself is penniless and going begging around the world for debt-backing.

How clueless can you Dems be? No other nation dares step into the deep hole that we have dug for ourselves since January.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Have you worked with the really poor? People that live in the inner cities on public assistance? I have been a public health nurse, and I can assure you none of my clients had a snowmobile or a boat. Most didn't even have cars.
no i have not never even visited an inner city so i may be off base here but many people here abuse the system. my Sister is a teacher in Brooklyn NY and tells me stories i can't imagine being true in my world but i still have a problem with people who work the system. all good ideas are abused.the abusers gain as those who really need our help are brushed aside.sad but true. wishing for a perfect world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies