Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Ditz's resignation affect the Republican Party?
It will help the party 25 18.66%
It will hurt the party 29 21.64%
It will neither help nor hurt the party 80 59.70%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 11:04 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times

Advertisements

Palin Quit to Avoid Criminal Charges

I guess a criminal charge is the only thing that could make Palin practice the art of Pulling Out.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:06 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Heavy Duty...both have everything to gain...

and a winner for the American People..

Outside the McCain Old Boy system...and most of all...they can generate the billions of campaign funding needed to turn the country around...

We need a return to Camelot...not Obamalot!

Thanks, Sara
ROTFLMAO! Palin who quit her job as Governor and Arnold who has a state in bankruptcy, now there are two to draw to. The Demos would LOVE the Repubs to run those two as the ticket, Obama would win in a huge landside and the Repubulican Party would be all but done in American politics.
Casper

Old 07-04-2009, 11:10 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
What are you talking about? Last October, she was found guilty of abusing her power as Governor. A bipartisan investigation panel found Palin to be "in violation of a state ethics law prohibiting public officials from using their office for personal gain." Troopergate ring any bells?

BBC NEWS | Americas | Palin abused power, probe finds
Why isn't she in jail or at least thrown out of office for all that criminal activity? Could it be that all your information comes from HuffPo and some other places like that?

That "bipartisan panel" was from the heavily Democrat legislature that didn't like having her cross them.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
I'm curious about how people think she can "avoid criminal charges" by resigning as governor.
It was my understanding that one avoids criminal charges by not breaking the law, or by not getting caught if one does.
If in fact she's broken the law, and this is being investigated, I doubt she'll avoid charges by resigning.
I'd be severely disappointed in our legal system if she did.
Of course, you do know that the legislature is heavily Democrat so it is sure that she won't avoid anything by resigning. People who are thinking like that are the very ones who get excited when I voice my opinion about Our Glorious Leader but use the same kind of words talking about Sarah Palin. If I have crossed you, at all, excuse me, but I just read one of your earlier posts in this thread and think I didn't.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:15 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I can tell you that in Alaska, her quitting came as quite a surprise. It really is not like her. I'd look for a federal indictment some time in August.

I've heard she took bribes while Mayor of Wasilla. But quitting ahead of the indictment must end her political career. I now am wondering what her role will be in 2012. Maybe she will opt for a job at FOX or guest host on The View

Old 07-04-2009, 11:16 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Why isn't she in jail or at least thrown out of office for all that criminal activity? Could it be that all your information comes from HuffPo and some other places like that?

That "bipartisan panel" was from the heavily Democrat legislature that didn't like having her cross them.
The same information can be found in other sources.

Once again, the disillusionment in Alaska with the governor is not exactly a partisan issue.

You might want to find out which party is in the majority in the AK legislature.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Palin Quit to Avoid Criminal Charges

I guess a criminal charge is the only thing that could make Palin practice the art of Pulling Out.
Why Tank are you related to Letterman? You sure sound like him.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:17 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Anyone have an idea of what she is accused of doing?

Old 07-04-2009, 11:18 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,592,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Anyone have an idea of what she is accused of doing?

I think some people were speculating that it was embezzlement.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:18 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Of course, you do know that the legislature is heavily Democrat so it is sure that she won't avoid anything by resigning. People who are thinking like that are the very ones who get excited when I voice my opinion about Our Glorious Leader but use the same kind of words talking about Sarah Palin. If I have crossed you, at all, excuse me, but I just read one of your earlier posts in this thread and think I didn't.
Another expert on Alaska who has probably never even been here.

26th AK Legislature House Majority
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies