Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2009, 02:22 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Absolutely agree.
This is the thing that's been niggling at me, that I wasn't able to put my finger on.
As I said in my above post, none of us know yet what effect my Down Syndrome niece is going to have on her family, or even how profound her disability will be; she's considerably older than Trig, but still just a toddler. As of yet, caring for her is not much different from caring for any baby or toddler.
When my sister was Trig's age, I'm sure my family felt quite confident that they were handling having a disabled child quite admirably.
But in the end, it was too much for us all.

Just wait until Trig weighs 250 pounds, and Palin's 75 years old and trying to roll him over and change his crappy diapers while he punches her in the head. Todd, I'm sure, will have long since fled the scene.

You presume a lot.

Many of us are enjoying the experience of going through life with a handicapped child, even though it can mean altering your life goals and objectives.

Many of us don't consider this to be a hardship or burden at all, and are grateful for the opportunity to see the world a bit differently due to our experience.

It is called "growth".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 02:24 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
it's also called dealing the hand your dealt with the love that every child deserves. Every child is different, regardless of what they are born with or without. There are challenges each and every day. Sarah Palin uses her son as a political tool to expand her anti-choice agenda. Unfortunately, Trig will never understand that. The only growth she is experiencing is that of her ego and political aspirations.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Don't know. The Publisher of Vanity Fair is the Conde Mast Media Group.
Hit piece from a liberal rag - what would you expect?

Old 07-05-2009, 02:34 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hit piece from a liberal rag - what would you expect?
Good job! You came through with flying colors!!!

Old 07-05-2009, 02:36 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
I'm confused. Your sister had DS? And also your niece? Is niece your DS sister's child?

Quote:
When my sister was Trig's age, I'm sure my family felt quite confident that they were handling having a disabled child quite admirably.
But in the end, it was too much for us all.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:37 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
it's also called dealing the hand your dealt with the love that every child deserves. Every child is different, regardless of what they are born with or without. There are challenges each and every day.
Sarah Palin uses her son as a political tool to expand her anti-choice agenda. Unfortunately, Trig will never understand that. The only growth she is experiencing is that of her ego and political aspirations.
So she said the only reason I had Trig is because I want to push my political agenda of pro-choice on everyone I can....: smack::s mack:

Or could it be a mother of a challenged child trying to do and get the best for her son and others like him.

By trying to get better assistance and better anything for these kids and their families. For putting that not enough is being done saying this as a parent of a challenged kid.

How is this any different than a parent of a rape victim, or a incest victim, or the parent of a murdered kid.
So are they using/EXPLOITING their children to gain the spotlight are they camera hungry.

Ignorant to think so.
She is using her position to help find ways to make things better just like the examples above. Isn't that what elected people are suppose to do?

Old 07-05-2009, 02:43 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Again, Miborn ... slowly .... as long as Sarah Palin uses Trig as a tool to forward her political/anti-choice agenda, she will be mocked at ridiculed. Again, Miborn, if she would go the Pete Sessions route, she'd be more classy.

And she's no longer elected, she won the Iquiterod!

Old 07-05-2009, 02:51 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
And how do you know what she will do in the future? How do you know she won't be involved with organizations supporting various family issues, and how do you know she can't do it more effectively when not having to allocate so much time to Alaska issues?
*LOL* Reason can be a useful friend.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:58 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'm confused. Your sister had DS? And also your niece? Is niece your DS sister's child?
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Having a sister with Cerebral Palsy and a niece with Down Syndrome...

Old 07-05-2009, 03:01 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So making more of them for your own selfish purposes is a good idea......and screw them or how THEY feel about it...?

OK, I understand.:rolleyes :

Does anyone go to school anymore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies