Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 05:50 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,990,690 times

Advertisements

More than 25000 attend Southfork Ranc... - Google News

I guess the media has been otherwise entertained with Palin and now that freak MJ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 05:51 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,482,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
ANOTHER thread about this? Read the other million ones for the answer to your question.
Quote:
Guess it's sort of like a tree falling in the woods - if no person is there to hear it, does that mean it does not make a sound?
Because you did not see it all over the national news does not mean it did not happen.

Tea Parties aren't held for the people on CD or even for the national news - they are held for the reps in the state in which the party is held.
The politico's of the states heard the Tea Parties.

BTW, there will never be an accurrate count unless all organizers report their numbers to one source.
If you really want to know what happened to them - search state for state for Tea Party info. Bet you would be surprised.

Here's just a couple to get you started:
American Power: Over 15,000 at Tulare July 4th Tea Party; Patriots ...
Rapid City’s 4th of July Tea Party attended by about 1000
Wheeling WV reported 1500 - sorry no link, got via email
First you want these threads to go away then you post non-linked emails..C'mon? You posted the media coverage feverishly the first time but now it doesn't matter. RCP reported a number last time and you all posted it everywhere. Sanrene even tried to sneak it in today..I guess RCP didn't feel the need to count to 100.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:00 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,451,940 times
Quote:
Guess it's sort of like a tree falling in the woods - if no person is there to hear it, does that mean it does not make a sound?
Because you did not see it all over the national news does not mean it did not happen.

Tea Parties aren't held for the people on CD or even for the national news - they are held for the reps in the state in which the party is held.
The politico's of the states heard the Tea Parties.

BTW, there will never be an accurrate count unless all organizers report their numbers to one source.
If you really want to know what happened to them - search state for state for Tea Party info. Bet you would be surprised.

Here's just a couple to get you started:
American Power: Over 15,000 at Tulare July 4th Tea Party; Patriots ...
Rapid City’s 4th of July Tea Party attended by about 1000
Wheeling WV reported 1500 - sorry no link, got via email

There was lots of coverage of the April tea baggers. I hadn't heard a single report on the July 4th events. Must have been a big flop.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:02 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,990,690 times
Quote:
I hadn't heard a single report on the July 4th events. Must have been a big flop.
What have you heard since last Friday, other than Palin and Jacko?

Old 07-07-2009, 06:05 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,094,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
To be honest THAT is all that any "news" station has covered...hell,the Canucks may have attacked us but the idiots tuned into MJ's service wouldn't know it until some dude with a mullet haircut stuck his head in there door and said "Hey,what's up eh?"

Old 07-07-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Lets see, Obama in Russia, his hotel expenses, Steve McNair died, 7 soldiers were killed in Afghanistan, fireworks, sarena, roger and tiger won, some soccer player got a big contract, Rasheed Wallace signed with the celtics, some idiot loca; politician spouted off about MJ etc..not a drip about teabaggers.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:08 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,380,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
First you want these threads to go away then you post non-linked emails..C'mon? You posted the media coverage feverishly the first time but now it doesn't matter. RCP reported a number last time and you all posted it everywhere. Sanrene even tried to sneak it in today..I guess RCP didn't feel the need to count to 100.
I think if you look at my past posts you will find that I have thanked posters for keeping the Tea Party posts alive.

Don't care if a reader/poster agrees or disagrees with the Tea Parties.
I'm just glad you & others keep it fresh in the minds of others.

No reverse psych there - just honesty.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:11 PM

[quote=vec101;9649242]ANOTHER thread about this? Read the other million ones for the answer to your question.[quote]

Quote:
I think if you look at my past posts you will find that I have thanked posters for keeping the Tea Party posts alive.
Don't care if a reader/poster agrees or disagrees with the Tea Parties.
I'm just glad you & others keep it fresh in the minds of others.

No reverse psych there - just honesty.

The above is thanking people for keeping these threads alive? I think not.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:33 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,380,863 times
[quote=Tank1906;9649887][quote=vec101;9649242]ANOTHER thread about this? Read the other million ones for the answer to your question.
Quote:

The above is thanking people for keeping these threads alive? I think not.
That's OK, you can think as you wish.
Just keep replying so we can keep this one alive.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
There was lots of coverage of the April tea baggers. I hadn't heard a single report on the July 4th events. Must have been a big flop.
The Omaha World Herald had a tiny little story about theirs (attendance 300 in a metro of 800,000). It was in the second section of the paper and was about 3 paragraphs. Also, the Republican rep. from that congessional district spoke. So much for "non-partisan".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies