Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 10:23 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
Judging by your past comments, I am sure you can find plenty of things to attack her on besides her looks. It just seems so petty.
I am sure you feel the same way about the comments about Palin's looks eh.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Once again, the righties are just showing us how "jellyous" they are for losing last Nov.
No I dont think so just playing the game what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:28 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I am sure you feel the same way about the comments about Palin's looks eh.......
Do you wingnuts understand that you personally are saying hateful, ugly things about our First Lady, and justifying it by pointing to some nebulous "other people" that made rude comments about Palin and her kids.

I wouldn't take the stupid things you are saying here, and turn around and use it as justification to say hateful, ugly things about Palin or her kids. I'm better than that. And I don't know any lefties here that would do that, either.

So - you personally are proving yourselves to be petty, ugly, people who insult non-politicians. You are lowering yourselves to the lowest you can imagine in others.

Proud of that? Decent people wouldn't be.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
The only person I heard blasting Palin for that was Laura Ingraham.

IF anybody on the left said horrible things about the Palin kids, then they should be blasted for it. Perhaps you could point to some. However, I don't remember anything that comes even close to what the right did to Chelsea Clinton - your "leader" Rush Limbaugh said the most disgusting things.

So. Find a leader on the left who said something similar to what was said about Chelsea, and you'll have earned a wee bit of credibility on this issue. And I will blast that person along with you.
So then you missed all of the blogs about her the post on CD about her the articles about her. Pleeeeze save us from your bullsh*t. You are on CD enough alone to not have missed ALL of the vicious posts.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I think J Crew simply used this situation as a way to promote their brand (it's smart business). The reality is that the kids have to wear something. J Crew is a pretty accessible retailer. The store exists in most malls. I think more people would complain if the Obamas wore specially tailored or high priced designer brands. Frankly, people will always find something to complain about. Being such a public family, they will probably always be screwed.
Actually J Crew is designing clothes for the girls and I also believe the mother.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Do you wingnuts understand that you personally are saying hateful, ugly things about our First Lady, and justifying it by pointing to some nebulous "other people" that made rude comments about Palin and her kids.

I wouldn't take the stupid things you are saying here, and turn around and use it as justification to say hateful, ugly things about Palin or her kids. I'm better than that. And I don't know any lefties here that would do that, either.

So - you personally are proving yourselves to be petty, ugly, people who insult non-politicians. You are lowering yourselves to the lowest you can imagine in others.

Oh the right does not have anything on the VILE, VICIOUS, RABID, FROTHING AT THE MOUTH, SEXIST, DEMEANING, LIE TELLING, SMEAR CAMPAIGNING, ATTACKS against Palin and her children.

How Proud are you of your left liberal loons?

Old 07-06-2009, 10:37 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Whatever. I think it's silly for anyone to get upset about this. It's more evidence that some people will be critical based on nothing other than the fact that they are a member of the opposing party.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:53 PM

507 posts, read 678,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Actually J Crew is designing clothes for the girls and I also believe the mother.
Oh? I did not realize that. Even if outfits were specifically designed for the Obamas, their wearing clothes from this store still allows people to aspire to the "look." Even though I am kind of embarassed to admit this, I have a friend who is slightly obsessed with the J Crew look. Even if his clothes don't specifically come from the store, he still likes that particular style and he aims for that regardless of where he shops.

I think it's the same thing with the Obamas, even if people can't buy the exact outfit, they still have pretty easy access to something in the same style.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:15 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
I think J Crew simply used this situation as a way to promote their brand (it's smart business). The reality is that the kids have to wear something. J Crew is a pretty accessible retailer. The store exists in most malls. I think more people would complain if the Obamas wore specially tailored or high priced designer brands. Frankly, people will always find something to complain about. Being such a public family, they will probably always be screwed.
Well, one thing about it - J. Crew is very "American." Love their stuff myself, LOL!!!

Very true - when you are in the public eye, no way to please everyone - so you might as well just do what you feel is best and not worry about the nay sayers.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:

Anything this bad?

Or this:
Sandra Bernhardht – Fantasizing about Sarah Palin being raped
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGhoYT84Jeg

MSM and Obama Supporters – How can Palin be a good mother AND run for office?
http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/o...riorities.html
video of above: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b2f_1220405519

Last edited by Miborn; 07-12-2009 at 08:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies