Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 06:31 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Oh bulsht Dumbest theory I've heard yet
Figures....coming from you.

Get over it gold*dust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 06:35 PM

507 posts, read 678,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Jackson was a freak, a has-been, a drug addict verging on bankrupcy. and a pedophile (okay, "alleged" pedophile). He was a lowlife, and the media is glorifying him. It's my personal opinion that part of what's behind this is the media's need to appear totally PC...to not draw attention to the sick spectacle that was Jackson's life. Because to do so would inevitably bring on charges of racism.
Ok I completely disagree with the race angle on this. Did you happen to notice that Michael Jackson got lighter and lighter during his life? I am not trying to suggest that this made Jackson any less black. I just believe that this man led a pretty extraordinary and somewhat unusual life, and for that reason, I really believe he transcended race. I also agree with other posters, the coverage was completely driven by the ratings.

Also I think it's inappropriate to call anyone a "freak". He was a human being. I don't know if you watched the memorial service, but I was truly struck by the number of people who clearly loved this man. I was also really touched when his daughter said how much she loved him. I think calling him, or anyone for that matter, a freak is a little harsh.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:42 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times
Quote:
Figures....coming from you.

Get over it gold*dust.
Oh your analysis claiming the media is covering MJ this extensively because of some pc for the black race motive is NOTHING TO GET OVER don't flatter yourself

Last edited by gold*dust1; 07-07-2009 at 06:57 PM..

Old 07-07-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Oh your pis poor analysis claiming the media is covering MJ this extensively because of some pc for the black race motive is NOTHING TO GET OVER don't flatter yourself
Yeah, right. Whatever.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:49 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roncorey1 View Post
CBS , ABC, and NBC news, of course, devoted essentially their entire half hour to MJ. They really understand what's important in the world I guess.
And they wonder why nobody watches their claptrap anymore.

Come to think of it I don't think I've watched any network news for better than five years now. Don't miss it a bit.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:50 PM

486 posts, read 984,253 times
Quote:
It's absolutely insane. Why should the city of Los Angeles foot the bill for Jackson's funeral? His family should pay for it.

If Jackson had been White, none of this would be happening, believe me. This is all about political correctness.
I too think it's outrageous that the state has to pay that makes no sense whatsover. However, I fail to see the racial connection here. What does his race have to do with this, AT ALL?!

Old 07-07-2009, 06:52 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times
Quote:
Yeah, right. Whatever.
Can you spell paranoid?

Your comment certainly isn't the first I have responded to regarding MJ.

I find your assessment is inaccurate imo and naive.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I don't know why California has to pay for the memorial when the state is broke. I guess CA will pass the bill onto all of us eventually. Why doesn't the Jackson family pay for it?
When the Jackson family called about the stadium, whoever said yes should have also told them the price tag.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Can you spell paranoid?

Your comment certainly isn't the first I have responded to regarding MJ.

I find your assessment is inaccurate imo and naive.
My comment is a result of a discussion I heard on "Fox News in the Morning" where it was suggested that the Media's overabundance of coverage on Jackson might be motivated by a desire to maintain political correctness. I thought about it, and I found myself agreeing.

Enough said.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:02 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
It's my personal opinion that part of what's behind this is the media's need to appear totally PC...to not draw attention to the sick spectacle that was Jackson's life. Because to do so would inevitably bring on charges of racism.
Im sorry, that's just insane. Twelve (is it?) days of coverage is a money deal. Please try to snap out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies