Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 03:06 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,687,105 times

Advertisements

If I was a member of that pool...

I wouldn't be anymore after that incident
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 03:09 PM

"The Valley Club is deeply troubled by the recent allegations of racism which are completely untrue.

We had originally agreed to invite the camps to use our facility, knowing full well that the children from the camps were from multi-ethnic backgrounds. Unfortunately, we quickly learned that we underestimated the capacity of our facilities and realized that we could not accommodate the number of children from these camps. All funds were returned to the camps and we will re-evaluate the issue at a later date to determine whether it can be feasible in the future.
Our Valley Club deplores discrimination in any form, as is evidenced by our multi-ethnic and diverse membership. Whatever comments may or may not have been made by an individual member is an opinion not shared by The Valley Club Board."

From their website. I assume that too many people are hitting the address and its crashing. Their main site just has the comment above.

http://www.thevalleyclub.com/ (broken link)

Old 07-09-2009, 03:12 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
This is outrageous and just goes to show that ignorance is still rampant in this country? What decade is this swim club in anyways? This is sad and I feel for these children who were rejected.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
This is outrageous and just goes to show that ignorance is still rampant in this country? What decade is this swim club in anyways? This is sad and I feel for these children who were rejected.
"Still Rampant"

Really?

Old 07-09-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
"Still Rampant"

Really?
Maybe not as rampant as it was in the 60's but rampant nevertheless. I am appalled at the audacity of this club to deny children (CHILDREN) because they just happen to be the wrong color. That's ignorant pure and simple!

Old 07-09-2009, 03:22 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,432 times
How diverse is Montana? I would think that it is easier to be "just people" when virtually everyone around belong to the same ethnic group.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
I wasn't raised to be prejudice with regard to race. Up north, in Montana, we are just people, and we all work, raise kids, take vacations, you know .. the average everyday stuff.

Down here though (Texas), it's like the races go out of their way to annoy each other .. Pretty freakin' stupid if you ask me ..

Black and white and none of them have the sense to at least try to get along.

As an outsider, looking in ... I see a terrible waste and senseless stupidity on both sides.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Maybe not as rampant as it was in the 60's but rampant nevertheless. I am appalled at the audacity of this club to deny children (CHILDREN) because they just happen to be the wrong color. That's ignorant pure and simple!
Rampant is a bit subjective and really, in my opinion, a bit dramatic.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Rampant is a bit subjective and really, in my opinion, a bit dramatic.
I used to think that way until I've encountered a bunch of racist comments and barbs thrown at Obama just because he is black. Racism isn't as dead as some like to proclaim it to be.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:39 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
When these black kids grow up not to trust white people and to feel they are racist.....
When the white kids there grow up to be racist and to feel that it is somehow "unsafe" to be around black people....
Well, this will be just another instance of how a few a**h*l*s can screw up the lives of others and the world in which we all must live.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I used to think that way until I've encountered a bunch of racist comments and barbs thrown at Obama just because he is black. Racism isn't as dead as some like to proclaim it to be.
Neither is people who make hate fat people, poor people, people that aren't very smart.

Thats part of life. People are prejudice. But to claim that racism is rampant based on your personal experiences is a logical fallacy.

Sure, there are still racist people out there, but there are just as many people who claim racism every time something doesn't go their way or they need a way to invalidate peoples opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies