Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 01:37 PM

8,046 posts, read 9,257,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You know, I really don't believe in "punishing" anyone. What an awful way for a kid to enter the world, as someone's "punishment".
But, for that child, isn't it better than not being able to enter the world?

It gets philosophical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 01:43 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,721,790 times
My private insurance covers abortions with a small copay. It's a lot cheaper than paying for pre-natal care, childbirth, all those possible complications etc.

I'm split on the issue, to be honest. I'm very pro-choice, but need to look into the logistics a bit more.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:13 AM

8,046 posts, read 9,257,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My private insurance covers abortions with a small copay. It's a lot cheaper than paying for pre-natal care, childbirth, all those possible complications etc.

I'm split on the issue, to be honest. I'm very pro-choice, but need to look into the logistics a bit more.
Not providing care is always cheaper than providing care. Euthenasia would be a lot cheaper than providing nursing home placement, or cancer care too.

Is that how insurance companies and the goverment plan should contain costs?

Old 07-16-2009, 07:21 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,543,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Not providing care is always cheaper than providing care. Euthenasia would be a lot cheaper than providing nursing home placement, or cancer care too.

Not providing care is not necessarily cheaper than providing care. Neglecting to treat infections can cause their spread, affecting more people and requiring more resources to control. Neglecting to treat cancer means lost wages and productivity for the cancer sufferer, leading to greater financial loss to society.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:52 AM

48,493 posts, read 97,156,968 times
Basically;they know that abotrtion payments are to be aviod of they want the bill to pass and actually want people to comply with teh must have provision. Afteralol we see now mandates could fail if people refuse to sign up for insurnace like they have will SCHIPS and medicare prescrition drugs. They can fine all tehy liike really and Obama point out in the campign but actually enforcing is a different matter.What in the ned are you going to do;put millions in jail?

Old 07-16-2009, 09:56 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,721,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post

I think assisted suicide should be covered, it's ridiculous that it's not offered here. Forced Euthenasia? No.

All I was trying to get across is that many private insurances do offer to cover abortion and for me, it's a safety net. I don't want to have children. Period. And if I chose to have an abortion, I pay a small out of pocket and insurance covers the rest.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:37 AM

31,769 posts, read 40,914,726 times
CBO Chief: Health Bills To Increase Federal Costs

CQ Politics | CBO Chief: Health Bills To Increase Federal Costs (http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?parm1=5&docID=news-000003168293 - broken link)

Old 07-16-2009, 11:49 AM

1,955 posts, read 5,279,354 times
Is it going to take a complete social meltdown, food riots and violence in the streets to make us realize that the entire path we're on in this country is wrong? Just think about it - the fact that we're even having a debate about whether the federal government should pay for abortions (or health care at all) is absurd. The federal government has no legal authority to pay for any of this, no constitutional mandate of any kind.

This is really what we should be striving for as a nation.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:52 AM

763 posts, read 1,302,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I actually think this pretty stupid.

I never understood what the big deal about abortion is. It is not your business what goes on my body and I personally think it is crazy that people are trying so hard to outlaw abortion. I even think it is insane that people are still arguing about it. Jesus.

*rolls eyes*

Pregnancy is a MEDICAL condition and one that is between the woman and doctor and whoever else she decides to involve.

And you are right about one thing. Abortion funding will be a road block because they're all just going to sit there and argue and argue and argue and argue and argue and argue....well...you get the point. LOL.
The baby begs to differ.....

This is a decent step if there is no abortion funding included. We don't need any more murders take place than are already occurring by selfish people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies