Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 06:39 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,397,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Meanwhile it's cooling around the world.

But, it's not global warming anymore, it's "climate change". As church lady said: "How conveeeeeeeenient!".
Yes because we know that global cooling actually melts icecaps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 06:47 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,397,060 times
A few of favorite links on the subject.

Global warming conspiracy theory - RationalWiki
Evil Liberal Science Conspiracy - RationalWiki

Old 07-16-2009, 12:53 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
Personally, I blame global warming on the doing away of ice boxes when people turned to the evil refrigerators. Once there were no more ice boxes then no one wanted to buy large chuncks of ice so they quit making it since there was no more profit in it. That's how we got global warming. I say this with the certainty of my vast knowledge of having had an icebox as a child.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:32 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Yes...because as we all know science is just a liberal conspiracy.
Everything is a conspiracy to extreme right-wingers. Even if the news is on Fox, they'll call it liberally biased if it upsets their world view.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Yes because glaciers, and polar ice disappearing, in several areas by 50% or more, is really caused by Communism and Magic.

BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Polar ice sheets show net loss
That article is 3 years old. Do you think science is static ?
Science changes over time.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:13 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,386,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
Surveyed scientists agree global warming is real - CNN.com

Liberal CNN has surprisingly overcome its biases for once, to reveal the heartbreaking news, that most of liberally-brainwashed scientists are conspiring to pretend that global warming is real, even though all the scientific evidence that I have studied, with my extreme formidible knowlege, shows that it is not real!

We can count on the petroleum geologists to know the truth, because they understand the fact that oil provides our jobs. And that they would unselfishly want to keep their jobs, so that we can keep our unemployment lower. And that therefore, globe warming is false because by the basic rules of logic, God would not provide us with such a conundrum, of taking the jobs of geologists, versus taking the solid land of Asians! Only a liberal mind could dream of such an dumbtarded world.

And at least we know, that my local Meteorologist, James Spann, is on our side, in knowing about how that globe warming, is a conspiracy, of Al Gore, and also possibly, according to my suspicions, the Polar Bear Mafia. Surely there are not people smarter, than Meteor ologists, cause who else could study something that is so fast as a meteor? I mean besides faster than Al Gore in bed probably, hahaah, cause thats how liberals are in bed. Someday, the liberals will realize that I was smarter than them. Like how my English teacher realized I was smarter than her, when she told me, that I used, too many "commas?" But now I am on the internet, and she is very old and probably not very smart anymore, so that, I am probably smarter than her now.

Loved this part. Very funny.
Do it some more!

Old 07-16-2009, 06:13 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,975,389 times
Quote:
Yes because we know that global cooling actually melts icecaps.
...well, global cooling does increase them.

Revealed: Antarctic ice growing, not shrinking | The Australian

The shift to deviation in weather patterns (aka "climate change") is conveniently marked soon after information like this surfaced. I'm wondering what the term will be next year when the stdev is lessened.

Of course, no scientist has really been able to associate any sort of "climate change" on man, but since science apparently works like a democracy to tin foil hat conspiracy theorists...

Old 07-16-2009, 06:16 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,830,075 times
Science hates republicans.

If you have any doubts please refer to the scientific fact that republicans are hated by scientists.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:48 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,218,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
Surveyed scientists agree global warming is real - CNN.com

Liberal CNN has surprisingly overcome its biases for once, to reveal the heartbreaking news, that most of liberally-brainwashed scientists are conspiring to pretend that global warming is real, even though all the scientific evidence that I have studied, with my extreme formidible knowlege, shows that it is not real!

We can count on the petroleum geologists to know the truth, because they understand the fact that oil provides our jobs. And that they would unselfishly want to keep their jobs, so that we can keep our unemployment lower. And that therefore, globe warming is false because by the basic rules of logic, God would not provide us with such a conundrum, of taking the jobs of geologists, versus taking the solid land of Asians! Only a liberal mind could dream of such an dumbtarded world.

And at least we know, that my local Meteorologist, James Spann, is on our side, in knowing about how that globe warming, is a conspiracy, of Al Gore, and also possibly, according to my suspicions, the Polar Bear Mafia. Surely there are not people smarter, than Meteor ologists, cause who else could study something that is so fast as a meteor? I mean besides faster than Al Gore in bed probably, hahaah, cause thats how liberals are in bed. Someday, the liberals will realize that I was smarter than them. Like how my English teacher realized I was smarter than her, when she told me, that I used, too many "commas?" But now I am on the internet, and she is very old and probably not very smart anymore, so that, I am probably smarter than her now.
I think Colbert is missing a writer.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:19 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
...well, global cooling does increase them.

Revealed: Antarctic ice growing, not shrinking | The Australian

The shift to deviation in weather patterns (aka "climate change") is conveniently marked soon after information like this surfaced. I'm wondering what the term will be next year when the stdev is lessened.

Of course, no scientist has really been able to associate any sort of "climate change" on man, but since science apparently works like a democracy to tin foil hat conspiracy theorists...
And of course, along with global warming comes the coldest day in July since 1900, for people like me who live in SW Wisconsin.

Quote:
Record cold predicted for Friday

The Capital Times — 7/16/2009 6:10 am

If you have plans to visit a waterpark on Friday, the trip could be more chilling than thrilling.

Record low high temperatures are forecast for southern Wisconsin on Friday as a very cool Canadian air mass covers the region.
The high on Friday is only expected to be in the low 60s, which would be under the record coldest high temperature in Madison for July 17 of 67 degrees, set in 1900.
Just because ocean currents shift, and send warmer water flowing to the Arctic, or under water volcanoes contribute to warming around Greenland, does not mean this is proof of man-made global warming.

There is no evidence of the doom of catastrophic global warming, there isn't any global warming, much less a reason to create economic hardship with new US federal legislation, designed to "stop global warming."

Carbon offset credits is a scam. Who else but greedy politicians could envision a way for someone to profit off the hard work of others, and do nothing for it? You take a coal power plant, which costs hundreds of millions if not billions to plan,build and operate, and force the power plant to pay another company millions of dollars, to offset the carbon they produced from coal. The other company does not need to contribute to the economy, create jobs, provide services or even produce a useful product, it only exists to collect money from the power plant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies