Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 10:20 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,415,032 times

Advertisements

Lol at this guy actually praising Rush Limbaugh, even your actual republican politicians are starting to turn on him cuz hes such a whacko!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 10:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,981,416 times
Quote:
And yeah, wanting the president to fail could be seen as treason...

Man it sucks having to spell out everything on this board
But I'm sure when you wanted bush to fail, you were being a patriot, right?

Old 07-21-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
So you listen to him then!! I thought so.

If you are not mad at Obama for doing what he is doing then you need some real help.

Every single America should be upset that Obama has done so much damage to our country in only 7 months.

Illegal wars? What illegal war? The one liberals voted to send our troops to?

Illegal wiretapping? When and where?

Do you mean the same wiretapping that Obama just signed off on that Bush did? Ok..

What is wrong with wiretapping possible threats? If you have nothing to hide then what is the problem.

Bush kept us safe, Obama may not.
I'm not mad at Obama cuz my life has only gotten better since hes been in office. Guess that means something is wrong with me...

The illegal war that Bush lied about to get the country behind, manipulating our die hard patriotism after 9/11

I was talking about the wire tapping that Bush imposed after the patriot act, you remember, the most unconstitutional legislation to ever be written?

Bush kept us safe? I seem to remember some sort of terrorist attack that happened while he was in office... One that he was warned about from multiple sources... Well I could be confusing that with some big storm that hit somewhere in the US... O who needs details? All I know is of two catastrophic events where many Americans died and it was Bush's responsibility.

But hey, Obama wants to have universal healthcare, impeach imo.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
But I'm sure when you wanted bush to fail, you were being a patriot, right?
I never wanted Bush to fail, I would have loved it if he all of a sudden became competent and did something positive for this country. I'm not spiteful like you guys, I don't spout hate against someone just because. Alls I can say is I was warned about what would happen to America if Bush was elected, and by golly they were right!

Old 07-21-2009, 10:50 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,019,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
We feel that Obama's policies will utterly and totally ruin and destroy everything that we hold dear about the best nation on earth. Of course we want his policies to fail, because we want this country to succeed. It's really not that difficult to comprehend. You fake righteous indignation is quite transparent.
Under Bush 43, we saw what happens when a president's policies fail; the
country fails as well. How can that not be obvious? Yet people wish even
more failure on the country...how very patriotic.

And hysteria like this is truly sad:

[quote=Sonrise;9884260]We feel that Obama's policies will utterly and totally ruin and destroy everything that we hold dear about the best nation on earth.

One problem is that many people were against him because of his bi-racial
and multicultural upbringing; they never read one of his two books, nor did
they attempt to discover what his policies are. In a DM exchange I offered
a poster the link to the official website that outlines his HC package. The response? "I won't read it because Biden is on there." How is it possible to have a reasonable debate with people who come to the battle unarmed? It
is always best to know your opponent; anything less is willful ignorance. If you believe that President Obama and the Democratic party wish to ruin the country, it's because you've chosen to believe that. Yes, we criticize
America at times, but wanting her to be the best country possible and the
fulfillment of the dream of past Americans is precisely why we do it. We do
not hate America, we do not want more soldiers to die, we may be spiritual
but don't want a theocracy, and we are the most inclusive party on earth.
If you believe otherwise, it is again because it is your choice. But no true
American would wish for a president, and by extension the government, to
fail. We don't have the luxury to play games now; the situation is too grave. Myself, I want Rush Limbaugh to fail...the sooner the better; it will
signify that America has moved beyond the racism and class warfare that
keeps people from being able to live and work together. Pause to give this
a thought: if half of America's citizens hated her and wanted her to fail, the country would be in chaos.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:14 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,148,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Why is the left so fixated on Limbaugh? I have never listened to any of his programs and frankly could care less what the man thinks. He sure does not represent ME as a conservative.
because he gets paid well to incite hatred to an easily manipulated group. Keep in mind, these are same people that still defend a treasonous Bush administration. They are hell bent on proliferating the same agenda as the one that brought us to this edge of a cliff. It does not matter what Obama does as they do not veer off course. There are some that have had the sense to have a wait and see attitude and there are some that have changed their minds about Obama, but there are still the ones that are pumped up with so much hatred for a man that is trying to shovel crap against the tide from the aftermath of the Bush years. The positive thing is that they still are the minority. Just as the Neocon dinosaurs that dictate to them, they will eventually become even more inconsequential than they already are.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:48 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,019,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress
Why is the left so fixated on Limbaugh? I have never listened to any of his programs and frankly could care less what the man thinks. He sure does not represent ME as a conservative.
************************************************** *************************************
Chatteress, you are an intelligent and decent human being; it's clear that you are of the traditional
Republican "brand" which produced such legislators and intellectuals as Nelson Rockefeller, William F.
Buckley, Everett Dirkson and Jacob Javitz, to name a few. Listen to a Limbaugh program: you will be appalled by what you hear. And unfortunately, many look to him for answers and info to buttress their own prejudices and misconceptions: Limbaugh is happily hoping for the POTUS to fail,
while making millions and living the life of the same "elite" Americans that he rails against. It's obscene, and the epitomy of hypocrisy. Until a Republican with some good ideas comes along, Rush
is the titular head of the GOP; my gut reaction is that he certainly doesn't represent people like you.
If the situation was reversed and a liberal political shock jock had hijacked my party, I'd be emailing
every Democrat whose name I could find to get the jerk as far from my party as possible...disavow
his "thoughts" and actions. The fact that he was broadcasting while bombed on OxyContin and his
listeners couldn't tell that he was drugged to the max should tell you something about what a total
farce he is, high (no pun intended) ratings or not. His show has never been anything more than the
networks allowing him to rant and rave like a poorly-raised adolescent for hours on end.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:54 PM

20,296 posts, read 37,221,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I was listening to this loser today and once again, he said more than a few times, "I want him to fail". Some redneck woman called and they kept going on and on about how the US today is not the country they were raised in. Interestingly enough, the USA was the same great country they were raised in until the last day of the Dubya dynasty LOL. Such a mean spirited, ignorant piece of scum.
I believe Rush was referring to all the programs and bailouts the Democrats are trying to pass. In other words, he wants Obama to fail passing all of these things.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:00 AM

20,296 posts, read 37,221,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
I'd like him to spend all the money he has to to get us out of the hole Bush put us into. I guess Republicans wouldn't like that since it would really make you look bad.

I'd like all of America to start paying more taxes, its time we took some responsibility for our country instead of always trying to pass the buck, or complaining that 250k a year isn't enough for you.

And yeah, I want universal health care. If someone is sick, they should be able to get treated.

I voted for Obama, and hes doing everything I wanted him to do. Including pissing off people like you and Rush Limbaugh.

You are really confused. Any money Obama spends, like the bailouts for GM, has been lost as GM is going through Chapter 13. This money is not Obama's to spend, specially since it will be new generations of Americans paying taxes for the over-spending taking place today. It's true that Bush created the largest government ever, and spent a lot of money. However, Obama has increased the size of government, or at least haven't reduced it, and has nearly tripled the spending Bush started. if you are a young person (kind of sounds that way), you will be paying up your nose for the spending taking place.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:06 AM

24,512 posts, read 33,339,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post

The illegal war that Bush lied about to get the country behind, manipulating our die hard patriotism after 9/11
It's not an illegal war and Bush didn't lie about it and he didn't "manipulate" anything. He was facing reality (terrorists do exist and they do attack.)

Quote:
I was talking about the wire tapping that Bush imposed after the patriot act, you remember, the most unconstitutional legislation to ever be written?
Wiretapping was going on long before Bush was President and Congress approved the Patriot Act.

Quote:
Bush kept us safe? I seem to remember some sort of terrorist attack that happened while he was in office...
Would that be the terrorist attack which was being planned for 5 years... most of it before Bush was President?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies