Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 12:06 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,331,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Then you will be stuck with Republicans.
This is why I do not vote for either anymore.
People get the government they deserve. That's more true today than ever before given the availability of information. If Americans vote in republicans next year, then they will be condemning themselves to a more economically stratified country. The wealthy will get wealthier and the middle class will get poorer, plain and simple. Health care will continue to get more expensive and more and more people won't have access to care. And every American family that ends up struggling and suffering as they sink into economic decline will deserve exactly what they get.

I have very little sympathy for the American voters at this point.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:07 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
The Democratic party ran on the issue of health care reform during the last election. Now some of them are backing down as more lobbyist money is poured into their pockets. We need to organize at the grass-roots level and replace any Democratic politician that doesn't support health care reform with one who does.

Source says some Democrats frustrated with health bill - CNN.com

This is being way overhyped by the corporate media, desperate to slow health care reform any way it can, and eager to divert attention from what opposition to public health care says about a politician:

That he/she is owned by the insurance companies.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:10 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,331,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Joe White View Post
Maybe they just have a different idea on HOW it should be done, not IF.

Any room in your party for new ideas, or is it all lock-step, do-it-this-way-or-else?

For instance, is part of 'reform' in your view that every individual would be REQUIRED to purchase health insurance, whether they want it or not?

I know lots of young singles who don't want it right now. They're healthy and have no dependents and are willing to pay for any incidentals out-of-pocket.

Would your plan make criminals of them?
So if they choose not to buy health insurance and get into a car accident on the way home, who should pick up the cost of their care in the ER? Me? My taxes? Because that's exactly what happens now.

That means I can pay for my health insurance every month AND pay for their health care when they are injured. Oh yeah, that sounds fair. Good plan.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:11 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,058,072 times
Quote:
So if they choose not to buy health insurance and get into a car accident on the way home, who should pick up the cost of their care in the ER? Me? My taxes? Because that's exactly what happens now.

That means I can pay for my health insurance every month AND pay for their health care when they are injured. Oh yeah, that sounds fair. Good plan.
that is very conservative of you.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:12 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,650,451 times
Quote:
The Democratic party ran on the issue of health care reform during the last election. Now some of them are backing down as more lobbyist money is poured into their pockets. We need to organize at the grass-roots level and replace any Democratic politician that doesn't support health care reform with one who does.

Sure they did, but they want "real" healthcare reform and so do their constituents. The people want this bill to be something we can be proud of, and since those Democrats are there to represent the people and not the agenda of their party, they should be stepping back now because that is what we want. To cry "Off with their heads" because they want to slow down this trainwreck is crazy. They are doing what the people want them too. As long as they follow that line of thinking, they are doing their jobs. This isn't a political game here, this one involves the entire country. And the team mentality of Democrats is getting old fast. Once again, this isn't a game to be won or lost. We are playing with American's freedom here. It deserves some deliberation.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:13 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,096,801 times
Quote:
People get the government they deserve. That's more true today than ever before given the availability of information. If Americans vote in republicans next year, then they will be condemning themselves to a more economically stratified country. The wealthy will get wealthier and the middle class will get poorer, plain and simple. Health care will continue to get more expensive and more and more people won't have access to care. And every American family that ends up struggling and suffering as they sink into economic decline will deserve exactly what they get.

I have very little sympathy for the American voters at this point.

What makes you think under hussein obama and his tax the people to the poorhouse Democrat congress will not accomplish all your dire predictions? Everything he is dong is going to raise the cost of everything (a hidden tax) My worry is that by the next election, hussein obama and all his cronies will be so hated the Republicans could put their RINOs up for election and win.

439 posts, read 443,858 times
Quote:

No, actually their auto insurance or the auto insurance of the person who hit them should pay it.

Did you know about auto insurance?

4,474 posts, read 5,417,461 times
Quote:

Health care reform doesn't mean nuking the present system and targeting a legal US industry for destruction.

Reform means to actually investigate underlying problems and concerns, and legislating rational responses and regulations to curb and fix those problems and concerns.

Any Democrat voting no to any form of nationalized/universal health careshould be applauded for refusing the paritisan siren's call, and any Republican who can come up with a viable alternatice should be applauded for breaking away from partisan politics.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:16 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,650,451 times
Quote:

That isn't what happens. The person involved in the accident is billed for the amount they owe. The person can then either pay or set up a plan for payment. Most medical care payed for by our taxes comes through state run Medicaid programs for the poor, elderly, and disabled. That isn't going to change with a big mandatory government health insurance plan. The same people still won't be able to pay. And atleast now we don't have to worry about government mandates on healthcare proceedings. I guess you can't wait until you are being ordered in for some government required testing or procedure. Come on, free is simply the only way to live our lives. And any program which takes away freedom is wrong for this country. Freedom is having a choice, and this plan leaves no room for choice. It's our way, or get fined.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:17 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,478,082 times
So the Democratic Party should only welcome those who agree with the base on every single issue? On every single component/part within every single issue? Please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies