Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gays are the most discriminated against minority imo because...
Jesus said so (scripture speaks out against them and forbids their behaviors) 4 26.67%
I think so because I've never seen a GLBT person treated with respect or taken seriously. 0 0%
They act like women 1 6.67%
They are too weird and unusual 2 13.33%
It's a sexual perversion and sickness 0 0%
They have unatural sex that can spread AIDS 2 13.33%
This poll is wrong. Gays are treated with respect and are not discriminated against the most. 6 40.00%
I'm neautral because where I live gays are accepted for who they are. 6 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 07:53 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times

Advertisements

Why do you think gays are the most discriminated minority?
What have you seen for you to say so?
What about gays do you hate? (if you are a gay hater or know gay haters)

Note to moderator add: Political reasons to the Poll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 07:58 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times
Whenever an oppressed group in America finally stands up and fights for their rights, the establishment always pushes back. Blacks, Women, Hispanics now Gays.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:02 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
That's right Tank. These people out there who say "well god, if the gays would just shut up & leave it in the bedroom where it belongs, no one would care, they're just hurting their own cause" make me throw the f*ck up. Listen up homophobes, you are no better than anyone. You're no better than yourself, you're no better than your co-worker, your boss, your wife, your husband, your brother, your sister, your friend. Get over yourselves. Your self-righteousness does only yourself good in your own little mind. Your homophobia wrapped up in concern is fooling no one. I suggest you go to the local bakery & buy the biggest piece of humble pie because you need it, now.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:06 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,541,261 times
its effin ignorance trickled down by the self-hating older generation to their kids and their kids...

its hate spewed trickled down generations...

Old 07-23-2009, 09:27 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Any other comments.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:38 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times
Cool Huh??

Oh good grief,not ANOTHER thread.
Personally,I don't see gay people being discriminated against in my area, and I live in the most conservative part of the country!!

For the most part, I have seen gay people treated very well, if they treat others the same. I don't see why people would want to make it an issue, if it's NOT. Unless,of course,you are an ILLEGAL gay person, or since the election, a BLACK gay person, no one much gives a rat's patootie,out here in Kansas,as is my observation.!!

Old 07-24-2009, 07:03 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
It has been my experience that discrimination (in any form) happens for several reasons.
First, too many simply refuse to accept any difference whatsoever in the people close to them (or even not so close to them). 'Different' seems to equal 'wrong' to them.
Secondly, too many seem to think that it is not only their 'right' but their 'duty' to pass judgment on others, whether those 'others' have any direct impact on their own lives or not. But those same people who just love to pass judgment on others will throw a royal hissy fit should anyone attempt to point out the falsity of their judgments.
And then you have the ones who deny that any form of discrimination happens, simply because they don't see it themselves. They're not subjected to it and know no one who is, so it simply doesn't exist. I see such denial of the existence of discrimination to be discriminatory in itself, because, by denying the existence of discrimination, they are then laying 'blame' for victimization on the victim.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:07 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
why do I think that gays are the most discriminated group?

I don't, and many black midgets would agree with me.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:59 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
why do I think that gays are the most discriminated group?

I don't, and many black midgets would agree with me.
That's funny...As a gay male I have and still do face discrimination, hatred and outward hostility in Florida...I have even been harassed just walking down the street minding my own business...and occassionally the police here are very prejudiced....These are my opinions from my personal experiences.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:04 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,207,466 times
I picked the first and fourth options because these two reasons seem to be the consensus among homophobes I've met. Some of the more fundamentalist Christians have used the fifth option, but I don't hear that used as much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies