Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 08:21 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
It's in the bill! Why do you attack anyone who dares to question your Master?

Ho hum. The law on advance directives (Patient Self Determination Act) has been in force since 1991. The Law of Advance Directives

The bill you are talking about merely reiterates what is already the law of the land. [MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-25-2009 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 08:21 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Ditto.

I think this asking patients about advance directives has been done since the Bush I administration. We did a seminar on this issue at my church, and many people said they did not want what happened to their parents to happen to them, e.g. keeping people alive when there really was no hope, etc.
Section 1233 of H.R. 3200. The section, titled “Advanced Care Planning Consultation” requires all senior citizens to meet at least every 5 years with a doctor or nurse practitioner to discuss dying with dignity and their options.

This is not about creating a living will, advanced directives,etc This is a manditory meeting with an appointed Dr every 5 yrs to counsel you and discuss your death and your options. This is for healthy 65 + yr olds.

Go ahead and attack me and think I am lying and just trying to cause trouble. That is what all liberals do best. Just want til this is your Mom or Dad your better yet YOU!

Old 07-24-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Ho hum. The law on advance directives (Patient Self Determination Act) has been in force since 1991. The Law of Advance Directives

The bill you are talking about merely reiterates what is already the law of the land. Stop being an idiot.
THIS IS NOT Advanced Directives! Those you do once and they are set. Read it for yourself.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 07-24-2009 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: reference to orphaned material

Old 07-24-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Section 1233 of H.R. 3200. The section, titled “Advanced Care Planning Consultation” requires all senior citizens to meet at least every 5 years with a doctor or nurse practitioner to discuss dying with dignity and their options.

This is not about creating a living will, advanced directives,etc This is a manditory meeting with an appointed Dr every 5 yrs to counsel you and discuss your death and your options. This is for healthy 65 + yr olds.

Go ahead and attack me and think I am lying and just trying to cause trouble. That is what all liberals do best. Just want til this is your Mom or Dad your better yet YOU!

There's nothing wrong about patients discussing ahead of time with their doctors what their wishes are for end of life care. That's what advance directives are all about.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:26 AM

I really would like to know how many of you are ADVANCED medical professionals who get what this means? The rest of you obviously are just not understanding what this means.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
THIS IS NOT Advanced Directives! Those you do once and they are set. Read it for yourself.
Wrong. Advance directives can be changed anytime by the patient. You obviously don't work in health care. You're just faking it.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 07-24-2009 at 11:46 PM..

Old 07-24-2009, 08:27 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Don't worry about those Obama people who are too lazy to find out for themselves. They are just trying to make other posters think you don't know what you are talking about. It would be very easy for them to find it if they were not too lazy. I have quit even listening to them. They need to go to school and learn how to read. Or they don't really want to know and just want to cause trouble.

Obama is finished and they are finished too. They are just too dumb to know it yet.

Hitler gained power by turning the young against the old. We have all seen this mentality before and we know what destruction it causes. Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it. From the very first I have been asserting that Obama does not think like me. If this does not prove it, I don't know what would. If you are on an island with six people and there is just enough food for five, which one would not get food is not a question that I would ever answer. This is not Christian thinking. I believe in miracles and I don't think we need to give medical care to the young only.

In the United States of America, one can choose to have the health care they are willing to pay for. I should not have to be paying for the health care of another person just because they are younger and just left to die myself. That is sick. Our nation is sick if they pass a health care like this.

I think that my doctor and I should be deciding about my health care, not the government. This administration doesn't care about me.

Last edited by NCN; 07-24-2009 at 08:36 AM..

Old 07-24-2009, 08:28 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:

That is not a link. Please provide a link, with the exact words, not your interpretation thereof. I don't appreciate being called a liar, and I don't appreciate you wishing ill on me, either.

You will note the law ndfmnlf referenced was passed in the Bush I admin. You think it's a bad idea? Go to a sr center and talk to people there about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
There's nothing wrong about patients discussing ahead of time with their doctors what their wishes are for end of life care. That's what advance directives are all about.

Ummmm for the 3rd time...THIS IS NOT ADVANCED MEDICAL DIRECTIVES! Have you ever couseled a patient on AMD???? If you have then you know this is NOT the same thing.

Quote:
I really would like to know how many of you are ADVANCED medical professionals who get what this means? The rest of you obviously are just not understanding what this means.
Does being an MD count? What about you, what are your credentials?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies