Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 08:28 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
The time to argue tenth amendment aspects is long gone,
Actually, the time to argue the 10th is NOW.

It is time for this country to come back to our founders intentions. For decades our freedoms - our rights - our founders intentions, have been chipped away, little by little.

Enough is enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Yes, but not the crazy kind you guys are talking.

That's called "Treason".
Actually, you really need to study up more on the subject.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:45 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Actually, the time to argue the 10th is NOW.

It is time for this country to come back to our founders intentions. For decades our freedoms - our rights - our founders intentions, have been chipped away, little by little.

Enough is enough.
I think Congress is the place to express opposition to this sort of legislation. If any sort of health care reform passes, I don't think a governor should make his/her state a laughing stock (and, in Perry's case, he already has) and "refuse" it. The appropriate response, IMO, would be to go back to Congress and try to get it repealed.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I think Congress is the place to express opposition to this sort of legislation. If any sort of health care reform passes, I don't think a governor should make his/her state a laughing stock (and, in Perry's case, he already has) and "refuse" it. The appropriate response, IMO, would be to go back to Congress and try to get it repealed.
The Arizona Legislature has already passed a resolution, endorsed by the Governor and Attorney General that IF the Congress were to pass legislation MANDATING health insurance, Arizona will reject it for out citizens.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The Arizona Legislature has already passed a resolution, endorsed by the Governor and Attorney General that IF the Congress were to pass legislation MANDATING health insurance, Arizona will reject it for out citizens.
So what happens when the federal government comes in and starts fining Arizonans? You know they will, if that ends up being a part of the plan.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:26 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
So what happens when the federal government comes in and starts fining Arizonans? You know they will, if that ends up being a part of the plan.
OR holding up federal funding for other things?

Old 07-27-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
OR holding up federal funding for other things?
Exactly. Like they did with the drinking age and seatbelt laws.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Hopefully, that will happen. Because then, we go to court.

Some state will, if necessary, court test this law for Constitutionality. Might as well be Arizona.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:48 PM

337 posts, read 826,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
My family lives in Texas. I only go to school in Minnesota, so yes, things that happen has MUCH to do with me. I can trace my family in the state to before the Texas Revolution, and members who were alive even before that.

'Us' people have look at what TX brings to the table, and to be honest, the constant problems the state has brought the rest of the country, with embarrassment after embarrasement, bringing down the overall average standard of education in the nation, filling other states with large numbers of kids who can barely read and count, the religious extremism, the rampant ethnic, religious, sexual orientation and racial intolerance, the political fiascoes, and just overall 'hey Im from Texas so Im better than you all, and you all need to do things my way even if you disagree with it or Im gonna yell and scream' way of thinking brings nothing to the table.

Its almost like the state never got beyond losing the civil war, IMO. People (in charge) still think of them selves as good old southern boys who do things the good old southern way, and treat people in the 'good old southern way' (not well if you do not fit into one of their groups).

Texas costs america a hell of a lot more than it brings overall, and the stuck up, hateful, ignorant cowboy attitude only serves to remind the nation of its worst aspects.
Well, I only live in Texas and will always call NC home. I for one have enjoyed my time in TX and actually appreciate the fact that Perry mixes it up instead of being a good little boy and falling in line.

I'm glad you think Texas costs the country more than it's worth. Care to take at stab at why?

If TX sucks so bad, then please explain WHY it is that people can't seem to get there fast enough? There seem to be more out of state plates around now more than ever. I know we SUCK and everyone should just let us leave.

Give me a break. Blah Blah Blah. I for one am SICK and Tired of hearing it.

Last edited by Ms. 01 Snake; 07-27-2009 at 10:56 PM..

Old 07-28-2009, 07:35 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,287,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. 01 Snake View Post
Give me a break. Blah Blah Blah. I for one am SICK and Tired of hearing it.
I vote for you!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies