Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 05:12 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,165 times

Advertisements

U.S. charges seven with plotting attacks overseas | Reuters

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. authorities on Monday arrested seven people from North Carolina who have been charged with plotting to carry out terrorist attacks overseas, including in Kosovo, Jordan and the Gaza Strip.
Bush's 1st year in office ... Bush takes a vacation during entire month of August 2001 .... and two weeks later ... 9/11 happens!

Obama's 1st year in office .... seven people arrested .... terrorist attacks are prevented!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 05:14 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,292,691 times
Obama wins again.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:18 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Hail Obama!

(I'm only saying this to make the anti-Obama crowd go crazy - or, I should say - crazier. )

Old 07-28-2009, 05:19 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
You can thank GW for this as his policies that were in place already to prevent such an attack.

And for the libs here, I thought we had no such thing as people wanting to attack us???

Obama gets ZERO credit, Bush again wins by knowing this was coming and having the people and information available to catch it before it happens.

Thanks George, another fine job of keeping us safe.

If anything Obama cannot even find where NC is on the map, I remember he was in Kansas City and thought he was in St Louis and pointed to the Ohio River and called it the mighty Mississippi.

Obama cannot even find NC let alone keep us safe.

Obama will probably call those involved stupid or something and stick his foot in his mouth.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:22 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
I'm not going to say anything about this. Because, if you give the credit to Obama, the naysayers (see above) will say he had nothing to do w/it & it was all Bush. If you don't give him credit, they'll still say it was Bush that prevented it. As in, for any of the terrorist attacks that were thwarted when Bush was in office, there were his merry band of supporters giving him credit. That's great. But tell me naysayers, why is it ok to give Bush credit during that time but not give Obama credit for this?

Old 07-28-2009, 05:23 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You can thank GW for this as his policies that were in place already to prevent such an attack.

And for the libs here, I thought we had no such thing as people wanting to attack us???

Obama gets ZERO credit, Bush again wins by knowing this was coming and having the people and information available to catch it before it happens.

Thanks George, another fine job of keeping us safe.

If anything Obama cannot even find where NC is on the map, I remember he was in Kansas City and thought he was in St Louis and pointed to the Ohio River and called it the mighty Mississippi.

Obama cannot even find NC let alone keep us safe.

Obama will probably call those involved stupid or something and stick his foot in his mouth.
You can thank GW FOR the 9/11 attacks too....he ignored the warnings.

BTW....since everything you say is so backwards,do you rest while you are awake and do your thinking() while you are asleep?

Old 07-28-2009, 05:25 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post

BTW....since everything you say is so backwards,do you rest while you are awake and do your thinking() while you are asleep?
Or like fish who sleep while still moving?

Old 07-28-2009, 05:25 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Default Ehm - guys?

I am so deep in the tank for Obama that I've needed a snorkel on occasion, and I'd have to think hard about deciding whether or not to pass water on Bush if he were to catch fire.

But this one's unfair. Catching terrorists or missing them is hugely influenced by luck and timing. And the 9/11 attacks made everybody take notice of what would've been brushed off as crackpots.

I am quite happy Obama is the Chief Executive, and I applaud the law enforcement officials who tracked down these guys, but I can't help feeling that comparing the Presidents on this background is a little frivolous.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:26 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
And then Sunny-Days90 has to go and make me regret being as fair as I know how.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:28 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post

Clinton had the warning signs for many years and had the most attacks by terrorist ever by any sitting President.

Clinton had OBL in his hands and let him go and you know it.

USS Cole come to mind, WT Center etc. All under Clintons watch of course and he still did nothing.

Op- you forgot to add something in your trolling thread.

The facts- Fact were they had NOT planned an attack on American soil but you kinda forgot that bit of info. They were planning on attack on foreign soils other then the US so your thread has now been dumped.

9-11 was caused by Clinton who had the info something was about to happen and did not pass along that info to Bush for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies