Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:56 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
No, it came after. You're making stuff up again.
As much as it pains me to say, delusianne is correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 05:18 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Nothing is free. Nothing.

If you think what you are getting is free, it's not, someone else is paying for it.

And you're paying for it with your taxes.

Why can't you see, that giving it ALL OVER to the government is giving up your rights? This isn't about the healthcare you get at the VA.
Where were these sheepeople when darth Vader was wiping his butt with the constitution the last eight years? So what I'm paying for it with my taxes! I can see what I'm paying for and not some abstract view on economics or scare tactics like the "terrorist are going to get you if you dont......" If you want to get technical, far as I'm concerned three generations of only children VOLUNTEERED to serve this country and the sheepeople making the most noise and in most cases developing policies NEVER served in the military are ALL sponging off of the sacrifices that my family and others gave so that you can have something to *itch about.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:24 PM

What is really the probelm here? the orginal poster dispelled some of the lies spread throughout FAUX News and there are still sheepeople who refuse to see the truth. Even if you doubted what was posted, go and read it for yourself. I really don't understand why some folks are so dense

Old 08-18-2009, 09:49 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
The Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution officially abolished and continues to prohibit slavery and involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime. It was adopted on December 6, 1865, and was then declared in a proclamation of Secretary of State William H. Seward on December 18.

Lincoln and others were concerned that the Emancipation Proclamation would be seen as a temporary war measure, and so, besides freeing slaves in those states where slavery was still legal, they supported the Amendment as a means to guarantee the permanent abolition of slavery.

The Thirteenth Amendment is the first of the Reconstruction Amendments.

Quote:
Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2. Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:04 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
As much as it pains me to say, delusianne is correct.

thanks for suffering.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:41 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
No, it came after. You're making stuff up again.
It came after the 13th Amendment? So what Amendment would that be?

Old 08-22-2009, 08:06 PM

You know what I begining to notice? The wealthy lobbies are using the not so wealthy (and many cases not so bright) people to fight their causes...insurance companies are the best example. From this healthcare bill they are the only ones that are going to lose (profits) not the people protesting. I have seen the profits that Blue cross/sheild and UPMC have made in Pittsburgh which is boardline riduculous meanwhile the elderly (allegheny County has one the highest elderly populations in the country) and the poor suffer due to lack of coverage or being dropped for preexisting conditions. so why do so many sheepeople believe the hype of Beck and company (which if you look closely is being sponsered by an insurance company) is feeding them?

Old 08-22-2009, 08:35 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Someone who has been the leader of the pack for spreading mistruths and lies about the healthcare bill is Betsy McCaughey . This video shows Jon Stewert laying her out about her lies. A must watch video!

YouTube - Exclusive - Betsy McCaughey Extended Interview Pt. 1

YouTube - Exclusive - Betsy McCaughey Extended Interview Pt. 2

Old 08-23-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Someone who has been the leader of the pack for spreading mistruths and lies about the healthcare bill is Betsy McCaughey . This video shows Jon Stewert laying her out about her lies. A must watch video!

YouTube - Exclusive - Betsy McCaughey Extended Interview Pt. 1

YouTube - Exclusive - Betsy McCaughey Extended Interview Pt. 2
Yes, I have seen it, isn't amazing that someone who has the actual bill in front of them and STILL gets it wrong

Old 08-23-2009, 03:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
Hahaha, I saw that too. You were complaining about people who judge things without reading. How ironic.

P.S. Well done TristansMommy. If only more Americans actually looked into things for themselves, instead of letting other people decide for them.
I barely got started reading what Tristan'smommy had to say and found some real interpretive thoughts taking place. For instance the part about giving money to ACORN. Surely ACORN wasn't mentioned in that section but like so many other laws that we have had passed the past few months interpretation includes ACORN, and all the groups that come under them. See, I interpret that as saying that and the nice mommy failed to read that into the words.

Somehow I think that someday a few progs will understand that those words weren't as pure as they have been led to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies