Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 05:20 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,739,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
I was going to say "give me a break" but I see the post just below yours responded to other nonsense in that fashion.

Let me just say that leftists use the gutter like a foxhole and immorality like a flag.
Oh? In what way?

What part of my moral character is an issue? I'm leftist, so there MUST be something....

I'm not the one sitting here wanting to FIGHT anyone--not YOU, not any of my fellow citizens.

I can assert my opinion here, and so can you. If it came to a true fight--I can guarantee you I will not be the one landing the first blow.

It's not how my Lutheran, Democratic grandparents raised me.

What sickens me the most is seeing the hatred of the few--fueled by veiled corporations--threatening MY way of life.

Some of us would like to be able to return to the days where the norm was to have reasonable discussions with reasonable people, rather than exercizes in futility trying to get points across to people who are, seemingly, deaf, dumb, and blind...and so damn full of hate for anything that possesses a differing view.

No, I don't hate people who disagree with me. It's occurred to me that I've spent much of my time on this forum trying to understand the "other side" and what motivates them.

I'm still waiting for a revelation, because none of it yet makes sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 05:29 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
I attended the last "Townhall" fiasco on CommunistCare armed, and I will attend the next "Townhall" Communist Lovefest armed as well. Liberal freaks are the only violent protesters in this country, and respectible Americans need to protect themselves from such filth.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:40 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I attended the last "Townhall" fiasco on CommunistCare armed, and I will attend the next "Townhall" Communist Lovefest armed as well. Liberal freaks are the only violent protesters in this country, and respectible Americans need to protect themselves from such filth.
I pray that fools and their guns will soon be separated....

Old 08-11-2009, 05:43 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,207,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Sometimes you have to get in the gutter to fight the liberals who dwell there.
Sometimes you just have to go to prison for being a psycho. Normal society uses their brains and dialogue to discuss problems and solutions.

The neantherdal segment of our American society (those who carry weapons to town meetings, etc. and threaten to use them) belong in maximum security prison to dwell with the other bubbas.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:48 PM

201 posts, read 240,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Stormtroopers preparing for Phase II of their plan to destabilize the American Republic. Funny how we hear all about some guy who claims he was shoved on Fox News and Drudge, yet not a peep about this direct call for murder by the Right Wing thugs invading the town hall meetings:

Raw Story » Health care opponent calls for town hall violence via Twitter (http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/08/07/health-care-opponent-calls-for-town-hall-violence-via-twitter/ - broken link)

Maybe you missed this part there slick.

Brian Beutler reported at Talking Points Memo on Friday that a health care protester in New Mexico had been encouraging those following him on Twitter to bring their guns to town hall meetings — and use them if provoked

“If ACORN/SEIU attends these meetings for disruptive purposes, and you have a license to carry….carry,†Scott Oskay wrote in one tweet

Use them IF provoked as we have already seen liberals are not afraid to attack innocent people at these meetings.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:49 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,207,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I pray that fools and their guns will soon be separated....
I agree. Fools + guns = recipe for disaster (to put it mildly).

Old 08-11-2009, 05:50 PM

201 posts, read 240,173 times
Reports are pouring in from around the country that the well-dressed swastika carrying seniors are being pounded by Obama’s storm-troopers.
The Obama brown-shirts are showing up town halls and running rough shod over the elderly. Some of the elderly have been hospitalized from their beatings
SEIU connected to criminal’s of ACORN are filling pathetically small halls and pushing, literally, the legitimate protestors out.

That is from the same report. Do not try and make it sound different than what it is ok. Jeez liberals will never stop using this victim standpoint,always the victim eh?

Old 08-11-2009, 06:06 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,364,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Some of us would like to be able to return to the days where the norm was to have reasonable discussions with reasonable people, rather than exercizes in futility trying to get points across to people who are, seemingly, deaf, dumb, and blind...and so damn full of hate for anything that possesses a differing view.
I don't know what American history you've been reading but angry dissent has been a prominent part of life in the U.S., and the World, since their beginning and certainly in the U.S. as long as I have been around. The 1960s era was one big period of dissent even when lives were being lost both on American and Southeast Asia soils. During the Civil War, one of my ancestors was shot in the stomach and died during a heated argument. All of my great grandfathers either were forced to fight, or voluntarily fought, in that disastrous war. And after the Civil War, part of my Texas families fought unsuccessfully against what they perceived as over-bearing local law enforcement and an unfair justice system.

Last week I fought a small rattlesnake that had wandered into my shop from the pasture next door. Refusing to leave with some coaxing from me with a broomstick, the critter finally became so angered that it began lunging at me. That was when I took a tire iron and ended it's life. The history of a communist nation may contain no mention of dissent because dissent is harshly stifled and their histories are rewritten to exclude any evidence of dissent. Could this be what you have in mind for America? If so, you are quite right about the first blow not being landed by you because I trust leftists as much as I trusted that rattler. However, I do reserve the right to first poke at you with a broomstick though.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:10 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,364,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Sometimes you just have to go to prison for being a psycho. Normal society uses their brains and dialogue to discuss problems and solutions.

The neantherdal segment of our American society (those who carry weapons to town meetings, etc. and threaten to use them) belong in maximum security prison to dwell with the other bubbas.
Tell that to the liberal Neantherdals and bubbas of the 1960s. You're flapping your lips but you aren't saying anything.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:13 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,201,005 times
A fight between two snakes and the rattler lost, imagine that.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies