Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 07:41 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
And we still do. Not this ridiculous compromise about health co-ops.
I hope you are all writing your reps and telling them that a vote against the public option will cost them your vote in the next election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 07:41 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Why does it work with car insurance?
Why does what work 50 different insurance regulators/ You don't live in New Jersey do you? The more regulators a company has over seeing it the more expensive it is to do business. If there was one car insurance regulator the cheaper car insurance would be.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:43 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,065,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I hope you are all writing your reps and telling them that a vote against the public option will cost them your vote in the next election.
I'm calling them and telling them that any vote for any of this novice crap their calling HC reform will cost their vote next election. Actually they all lost their vote already. All incumbents are out this next cycle.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:47 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Why does what work 50 different insurance regulators/ You don't live in New Jersey do you? The more regulators a company has over seeing it the more expensive it is to do business. If there was one car insurance regulator the cheaper car insurance would be.
That may be a factor, but I believe the largest factor is the market share that one company has in a region. The larger the market share the more the company can control costs. Somehow anti trust regulations don't matter when we are talking about health insurance companies. I still have not figured that out.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:54 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Those all sound like good things to me.

Unemployment is at 9.4%. What happened to 8%?

Show me the jobs cretaed by the stimulus.

CBO Says Stimulus Bad for the Economy - Marc Thiessen - The Corner on National Review Online=

Cap and trade will cost millions of jobs.

The Cap and Tax Fiction - WSJ.com

Even if we believed the AGW scam to be fact, cap and trade will do little to reduce CO2 created by the US and noting to reduce that created by other nations.

It is a tax to nowhere.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:54 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
That may be a factor, but I believe the largest factor is the market share that one company has in a region. The larger the market share the more the company can control costs. Somehow anti trust regulations don't matter when we are talking about health insurance companies. I still have not figured that out.
Inability to sell insurance across state lines reduces competition.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:57 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
We have to start somewhere. I want single payer as bad as anybody but it is too radical to expect to change a whole system overnight! We will have to evolve over time into single payer hopefully. If we can do Public Option and we can get maybe 20% of the people into it and it is ran well and is cost effective, more Americans will see that it is a good idea and they will want to move that way.
Bull Crap, all we have to do is issue everyone a medicare card and ask them if they want PartB. I've been on Medicare since I was 55 because of a disability. If they want a suppliment they can buy one.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:06 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,742,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Mos' def!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:08 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,065,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Bull Crap, all we have to do is issue everyone a medicare card and ask them if they want PartB. I've been on Medicare since I was 55 because of a disability. If they want a suppliment they can buy one.
How come this isn't the way to do it then? What's really going on then? What is it all REALLY about? Hmmmmm. I think I might know.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:35 PM

272 posts, read 295,783 times
Just sent a letter to my rep. Got an email from my rep. asking for comments and to do a survey. I guess because I'm republican I got the email or maybe because I emailed him already to do reform, or maybe just plain old unsolicited email. I congratulate him for asking for a response. However,his message was loud in clear a typical propaganda letter about having the gov't between me and my dr and to much gov't involvement .
Started my response with what are you kidding do I want a public plan, do I want gov't involvement hell yeah just like the insurance I pay for you, just like medicare, just like social security just like unemployment insurance. All things gov't got involved in and all good things and things I think most Americans won't give up. Why do I want to line the pockets of CEO's who not only makes huge salaries but then gets giant bonuses while people will die or be sick without health care. Wake up and smell the coffee one lay off, one devasting illness, one illness in which you can't work anymore will make you wish something was done now. No one no one no matter how careful, no matter how healthy is going to avoid an illness in their lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies