Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 01:12 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
UPS has decided that they will no longer advertise on FNC, despite them being the far and away cable news ratings leader. They cite "political controversies" as the reason. Well, those of use who support FNC can show our support by contacting UPS and telling them that as long as they refuse to advertise on FNC, we will no longer use the services that UPS provides.

It's a win/win; the left can boycott companies that advertise on Beck and we can boycott the one company that has pulled out of FNC all together. Democracy at it's finest. Below is the contact info for UPS:

UPS: Contact UPS: United States
Strangely I cannot find anything that would verify this story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 01:19 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
you & natalay deserve oscars then if you're not truly liberal---I find that hard to believe, you guys are such liars!
My middle name is Sarah.....

Old 08-24-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Strangely I cannot find anything that would verify this story.
Here ya go,
Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports - Business - Beck's advertisers pull out over attack on Obama*
Quote:
The shows present a dilemma for advertisers, who usually like a "safe" environment for their messages. The Olbermanns, Hannitys, O'Reillys, Maddows and Becks of the TV world are more likely to say something that will anger a viewer, who might take it out on sponsors.
They also host the most-watched programs on their networks.
"This is a good illustration of that conundrum," said Rich Hallabran, spokesman for UPS Stores, which he said has temporarily halted buying ads on Fox News Channel as a whole.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:25 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:

This has nothing to do with Beck. UPS is the only company that has dropped FNC in it's entirety. So, those of us that support FNC can now boycott UPS. Ain't democracy grand?
It sure is. Knock yourself out!

Old 08-24-2009, 01:26 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,001,340 times
Quote:
UPS has decided that they will no longer advertise on FNC, despite them being the far and away cable news ratings leader. They cite "political controversies" as the reason. Well, those of use who support FNC can show our support by contacting UPS and telling them that as long as they refuse to advertise on FNC, we will no longer use the services that UPS provides.

It's a win/win; the left can boycott companies that advertise on Beck and we can boycott the one company that has pulled out of FNC all together. Democracy at it's finest. Below is the contact info for UPS:

About time some in the corporate world reject fascism and lies:

Akre v Fox News.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:27 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
My middle name is Sarah.....
What??? I need caffeine....

Old 08-24-2009, 01:33 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:

Thanks for the link. I will let UPS know that they have my business and I am very pleased about their decision!

Old 08-24-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
What??? I need caffeine....
Sarah = Liar

Quote:
I find that hard to believe, you guys are such liars!

Old 08-24-2009, 01:35 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post

Akre v Fox News.
Wow.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:36 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Hmmm, I don't believe I called Beck a racist. I referred to the comment.
You didn't?

Quote:
Freedom of speech is in place but then so is capitalism. The majority of Americans abhor racism (and this sounds like racism to me), I understand why companies want to distance themselves from Beck.
Quote:
Oh, I'm not supporting his statement and firmly believe that it is a 'hate statement'. Your description of him sounds an awful lot like a description of Sarah Palin. Maybe she's him in drag....
Sure sounds like you did to me.

Quote:
Using your own example, by changing what I said to fit your agenda, should I surmise that you must be a liar?
I didn't change a single thing. I quoted you verbatim, just as I did in this post.

What you said is pretty clear - there's not much wiggle room there.

But ok, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that.

Explain how the remark itself is "racist". And for bonus points, explain how someone that says something that's apparently overtly racist is not a racist themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies