Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 01:01 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
was the father negligent in the incident in any way?
what compelled the state to take death penalty as appropriate.
without a good review of the case i could not make any statement.
how bout making it a little be easier for us to give an opinion.
you are making accusations at the state, but no background.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
No, but I want to see the first hand records not an article that reports preliminary findings. This guy may have a record that the journalist is not showing, there may be other factors that are conveniently being left out of the report to the public that was included to the jury. I don't want to make a decision through the filter of a writer with unknown motivations.
There has been additional background posted in the thread as well as google. Go forth young investigator, I'm not going to lay out a case for his innocence because apparently there is a case being worked on right now because the state may have accidently killed a guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Oh ok. I guess your sarcasm was just a little above my head. I'm not against the death penalty but I don't think it's a big joke when someone is executed -so I'm not following....care to draw me a map?
You are apparently taking offense at the thread title or something, but here's my question:

Let's say it is proven that the state accidently killed someone, will that effect your opinions on the death penalty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 01:04 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
You are apparently taking offense at the thread title or something, but here's my question:

Let's say it is proven that the state accidently killed someone, will that effect your opinions on the death penalty?
I'm not taking offense - I just didn't get where you going with the thread....it seemed like you were already expecting a certain type of response.

Anyway, nope it wouldn't change my opinion.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I'm not taking offense - I just didn't get where you going with the thread....it seemed like you were already expecting a certain type of response.

Anyway, nope it wouldn't change my opinion.
Okay, just checking. So you're okay with innocents being killed by the state as long as it preserves the death penalty? Why is that?

Old 08-27-2009, 01:08 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
TX is notorious for this. they had a corrupt DA in DFW i think. a place where the majority of cases (not only DP) had to be reviewed.

its crazy.

i hope the truth comes out, no matter how damning.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:13 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
As I have said. When it is proof positive... caught on camera. Reliable witness, a confession accompanied by proof and a witness, Caught in the act...
What more need be said? They have earned their fate.
As for an innocent ? It is always tragic. No more so than when the state allows people to live indefinetly on death row who are unrepentive cold blooded killers.
For example:
Richard Angelo
Mark Barton
Ted Bundy
Charles Manson
marc doutrox
To name but a very few obviously guilty killers.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
As I have said. When it is proof positive... caught on camera. Reliable witness, a confession accompanied by proof and a witness, Caught in the act...
What more need be said? They have earned their fate.
As for an innocent ? It is always tragic. No more so than when the state allows people to live indefinetly on death row who are unrepentive cold blooded killers.
For example:
Richard Angelo
Mark Barton
Okay, so since we are operating in the frame of reality:

When we execute someone who is innocent, who is guilty and what is the punishment? How do you even handle a situation where someone is proven innocent after an execution?

Old 08-27-2009, 01:17 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
No, but I want to see the first hand records not an article that reports preliminary findings. This guy may have a record that the journalist is not showing, there may be other factors that are conveniently being left out of the report to the public that was included to the jury. I don't want to make a decision through the filter of a writer with unknown motivations.
Read the trial transcript if you want to know what evidence was given to the jury.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:34 PM

Wow, so all it took to get death penalty supporters to not post was to ask them to actually defend the idea under a real scenario where there may have been a mistake?

Old 08-28-2009, 09:02 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Okay, just checking. So you're okay with innocents being killed by the state as long as it preserves the death penalty? Why is that?
I didn't say that - you assumed that. You don't know what my opinion of the death penalty is.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:15 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Okay, so since we are operating in the frame of reality:

When we execute someone who is innocent, who is guilty and what is the punishment? How do you even handle a situation where someone is proven innocent after an execution?
This was one of the main motivations for why the UK abandoned the death penalty. They had several cases where a man had been hanged who was subsequently found to be not guilty or where there were serious doubts as to the guilt of men who had been hanged.

There was also considerable distaste at the macabre sight of crowds outside the jails waiting for the notice of execution to be posted. It had become a circus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies